Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Questions about Port Orleans Riverside and Royal guestrooms

We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter for our honeymoon, then Polynesian Resort for another trip, then AKL for a small 2 noghts stay last december for a MVMCP... Then we're trying Art of Animation in two weeks.

In April 2014' we're gonna spend 3 days in a Universal Resort and 2 days in a Disney Resort... I hadn't booked... Then I realized they had a bounceback offer during that week.

So I just booked a Royal Guest Room in Port Orleans Riverside (for a great price!!) and I m so excited!!!

Now, I have a few questions:

-Are the royal guest rooms in mansions only?

-Are they worth it? (We booked room only and plan on spending all our time at the resort from check-in to check-out.)

Thanks in advance!
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

The Royal Rooms are only found in the Mansion section of POR. I haven't stayed in one, but the look beautiful.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Amazing! I was hoping we'd get a mansion.

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Downtown Disney Hotel: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Universal: Royal Pacific Resort
Old 10-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

We stayed in them once for my birthday right after they opened, in fact the room still had a faint paint smell at the time. The theme and details are wonderful and if you like your disney princesses I think you have to do it at least once. My only personal drawback is that they tend to be at the end of the bus pick up loop so sometimes at peak loading times the wait seemed a little longer than I was use to as buses would sometimes fill up before getting to us or when they did it was standing room only. I think it depends on how well someone is juggling the bus assignments on any particular day. This was not the norm for our whole stay but it did happen more than I've ever noticed at other resorts. I'd easily stay in one again.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

We had a royal room last time we were at POR. It was wonderful. The rooms are located in the mansion buildings right across the bridge from the main building. The room was so cute! You will love it. It has so many near details!!! It is a princess fans dream come true.
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilQueenT View Post
We stayed in them once for my birthday right after they opened, in fact the room still had a faint paint smell at the time. The theme and details are wonderful and if you like your disney princesses I think you have to do it at least once. My only personal drawback is that they tend to be at the end of the bus pick up loop so sometimes at peak loading times the wait seemed a little longer than I was use to as buses would sometimes fill up before getting to us or when they did it was standing room only. I think it depends on how well someone is juggling the bus assignments on any particular day. This was not the norm for our whole stay but it did happen more than I've ever noticed at other resorts. I'd easily stay in one again.
We plan on staying at the resort for 2 days/1 night, probably from check-in to check-out (if we go out, it will probably be a breakfast or lunch at Downtown Disney... By boat).

I'm not too worried about standing in the bus since I only use public transportation at home and I end up standing for 20 to 40 minutes every day...

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonald View Post
We had a royal room last time we were at POR. It was wonderful. The rooms are located in the mansion buildings right across the bridge from the main building. The room was so cute! You will love it. It has so many near details!!! It is a princess fans dream come true.
Nice!! I can't wait!!

Stayed at...

Old 10-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Check out portorleans.com for all kinds of info.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I've checked the site but I was hoping for reviews from the people here.

Stayed at...

Old 10-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
carmelhp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
We plan on staying at the resort for 2 days/1 night, probably from check-in to check-out (if we go out, it will probably be a breakfast or lunch at Downtown Disney... By boat).

I'm not too worried about standing in the bus since I only use public transportation at home and I end up standing for 20 to 40 minutes every day...
It depends on which depot you go to. South Depot is the first Depot on all but MK, and our RGR in Parterre was closest to South. However, on our MK day we went to East Depot, which was before South for MK (MK route is WNES). We got seats, but those at South were SRO.
RPR 12/3-12/12/2014
MVMCP 2012 & 2014
MNSSHP 2013
carmelhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Stayed last year for 10 days in one and absolutely loved it! They did not miss on all the special touches. We are all adults and it didn't feel kiddie but exactly it's name, Royal. I wouldn't hesitate to book one again!
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

We're two adults as well. But I grew up with the princesses so I can't wait to see that room!

Stayed at...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: