Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #3271
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Ca friends.

For the 3rd weekend in a row dh on a plane to fla to see his dad

I am so glad we canceled our anniversary trip in May and visited him instead.

Looks like they are taking him off the ventilator and he not strong enough to make it. He had open heart surgery in August but his COPD not cooperating. He is not aware of his surroundings anymore and down to 100 lbs(or less). My ds ran great today (XC) and was 1st for the Jv team. (He said for grampa).
My dh got to see that then headed for airport. It is just frustrating knowing he and mil there in fla with our family is all up here in NY.

I am usually packed by now for my upcoming trip but it is hard to feel happy knowing others in pain.

So my disney pen pals thanks for being there.

Ds has actually invited some kids over(first boy/girl get together) and I made brownies and have popcorn and drinks ready for scary movie night.

You know, do what we do best,(like you) be a great mom. That's something we can at least control.
Trisha so sorry to hear this about your FIL, big hugs sent your way.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #3272
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Melissa, Dani, I Heart seriously, I think you should all write letters to WDW. Not email, but snail mail. I think they need to know exactly how this change in policy will affect your families.
It's a knee jerk reaction from that stupid tour agency renting out people with GACs :-( totally disgusting. Hopefully they will have another look at GAC implementation. I think receiving impact statements from families can't hurt, and maybe get them to look at it again.

Mousemommy yay!!

Pas

Long day, at work from 6:45, short staffed

It's our Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend, so Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian RCers
That's a really good suggestion Sue. I think I'll do that. Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote:

Looks like they are taking him off the ventilator and he not strong enough to make it. He had open heart surgery in August but his COPD not cooperating. He is not aware of his surroundings anymore and down to 100 lbs(or less). My ds ran great today (XC) and was 1st for the Jv team. (He said for grampa).
My dh got to see that then headed for airport. It is just frustrating knowing he and mil there in fla with our family is all up here in NY.

I am usually packed by now for my upcoming trip but it is hard to feel happy knowing others in pain.

Ds has actually invited some kids over(first boy/girl get together) and I made brownies and have popcorn and drinks ready for scary movie night.

You know, do what we do best,(like you) be a great mom. That's something we can at least control.
So sorry to hear this Trish. Hugs for your whole family Hope the kids enjoy their evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Trisha so sorry to hear this about your FIL, big hugs sent your way.

Hi Jen!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #3273
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Big hugs Dani and Melissa! We know you are amazing parents, so sorry that the GAC changes will affect you and your little ones! Everyone deserves to enjoy Disney in a safe, fun and accessible manner, and whatever way makes it the best experience for the whole family is what should be encouraged! Hoping Disney realizes this and works with families needs! Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends ( big hug from Alberta to Sue and Jenny!) I'm having our dinner tomorrow, Monday is Josh's girlfriends 18th bday, we are taking her to the VIP 18+ theatre to see Captain Phillips (hope it's good, I love Tom Hanks, so it's the only reason I'm going!) we will get her her First Legal drink for the movie

I am so excited for our trip -- only 53 days to go!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #3274
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian peeps!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #3275
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thank you to all the RCers that have wished us Canadians a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! It means a lot! I am thankful for all of you!!

Marie and Sue, Hope you are having a lovely weekend with your families!

Jen
Old 10-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #3276
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thank you to all the RCers that have wished us Canadians a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! It means a lot! I am thankful for all of you!!

Marie and Sue, Hope you are having a lovely weekend with your families!

Jen
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

I hope all of my Canadian friends are having a wonderful day!

Oh, I think I have created RC monsters. They have revised the spreadsheet after further research....the results are shocking. I'm not quite ready to change just yet....they are working on convincing me...it all started with a confession from DD9..."I didn't want you to think I like the XXX resort, because then you would still think I like princesses....well, I do still like princesses, I just want my room redone and not have them in my room anymore....my room is still like a nursery! But, I do really want XXX resort."

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #3277
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Guess it's time to join the club!

Aloha!!!

I am currently working on planning our Sept 2014 trip and have probably got a note on my reservation saying "can't make up her mind!" I started at WL in a SV room, then in a wild whim moved to CR Garden Wing for a brief stay, until planting at BC PV. Our biggest criteria was wanting to be close to a park and have 3 beds (we have a family friend coming and would love for her to have her own space rather than share with DD)

After running numbers and discussing with DH, we are now back at WL but with bunk beds. I keep second-guessing myself (mostly about if we should try to save $$$ or enjoy the luxury). The move from CR to BC to WL has been dropping the price bit by bit.

And, of course, all this might become moot if I can swing FD at POR next summer! AHHH! I'm going room crazy!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #3278
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Aloha!!!

I am currently working on planning our Sept 2014 trip and have probably got a note on my reservation saying "can't make up her mind!" I started at WL in a SV room, then in a wild whim moved to CR Garden Wing for a brief stay, until planting at BC PV. Our biggest criteria was wanting to be close to a park and have 3 beds (we have a family friend coming and would love for her to have her own space rather than share with DD)

After running numbers and discussing with DH, we are now back at WL but with bunk beds. I keep second-guessing myself (mostly about if we should try to save $$$ or enjoy the luxury). The move from CR to BC to WL has been dropping the price bit by bit.

And, of course, all this might become moot if I can swing FD at POR next summer! AHHH! I'm going room crazy!
Welcome!!!!

We've got a great bunch of enablers...err, people over here! Seriously though, great peeps who will help you make a great decision. I'm not great at saving money though....my trips just get more and more lavish.

I just switched our 10 nights to CL at GF!! Our last two trips were WL CL and YC CL...I'm running out of ways to step it up. luckily, our military discount makes these trips more "affordable" but

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #3279
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Welcome!!!!

We've got a great bunch of enablers...err, people over here! Seriously though, great peeps who will help you make a great decision. I'm not great at saving money though....my trips just get more and more lavish.

I just switched our 10 nights to CL at GF!! Our last two trips were WL CL and YC CL...I'm running out of ways to step it up. luckily, our military discount makes these trips more "affordable" but
Candace out with the generic ticker, could this possibly be the final change?

Love the newest resort

Quote:
Aloha!!!

dimndal

Wishing all our Canadian RCers a Happy Thanksgiving

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #3280
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome!!!!

Congrats on your RC!! Sounds like you are planning a grand vacation!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #3281
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Candace out with the generic ticker, could this possibly be the final change?

Love the newest resort

dimndal

Wishing all our Canadian RCers a Happy Thanksgiving
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Congrats on your RC!! Sounds like you are planning a grand vacation!
Thanks guys!!! Woooohooooo!!! I'm so glad DD9 "came out" with her actual love of the GF... because I honestly feel like it's the best option since we can't do Poly. And DH will do whatever his girls want, he's outnumbered in this house.

DD6 just said she needs to be able to wear a princess dress everyday while there.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #3282
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

dimndal
Many thanks! Reading through the thread, I feel like I have found long lost soul mates... literal meaning of lost as we all seem to be hopping around.

Quote:
Welcome!!!!

I would LOVE to do CL, but DH feels that since we are open-closers on our trips right now, we should save it for when we can have a more leisurely pace... this is our first week long trip, and hopefully a spring-board into the lengthier stays! Once we get a feel for how much resort time we'll start having, I can see CL in our future!!!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #3283
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Many thanks! Reading through the thread, I feel like I have found long lost soul mates... literal meaning of lost as we all seem to be hopping around.

I would LOVE to do CL, but DH feels that since we are open-closers on our trips right now, we should save it for when we can have a more leisurely pace... this is our first week long trip, and hopefully a spring-board into the lengthier stays! Once we get a feel for how much resort time we'll start having, I can see CL in our future!!!
Hi! if you do ever try CL, be very careful! It is quite addictive, especially for a few of our DH's!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #3284
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian peeps.... Sue, Jen, Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hugs to all of you special needs moms. I don't know how you do it day in and day out and still manage to have your stuff so together. Truth is, I'm never on here anymore because I feel like I'm drowning every day with everything that comes along with DS's dx. I can't even bring myself to talk about it much. It just feels too weird.
Iheart:Post when you can just think of us as your life savers

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We are back at the ped for round 2. She has an ear infection and in true Sarah form can't get down the antibiotics. We went through this when she was younger and I had hoped she outgrew it. Nope, still a puking machine when it comes to antibiotics. So we are here to start a 3 day course of injections
Melissa, do hope the injections are working... Poor Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
My oldest has a four day weekend in February so I am thinking that will be the next trip. I would love to pop in for F&G as well. Quite frankly, I'd love to go back for more F&W but not sure I can justify it!!! Then we will be down in July for 2 weeks.

Big hugs I heart!!! I hope you find a way to enjoy it!

Now - what is this hedge maze? In all my trips to WS, apparently I have missed it. Oh wait, is that because you are actually supposed to go INSIDE the countries? Not just eat and drink around the edges?

Thanks Janet! Is it normal to feel bad as each day ticks off that I don't use it? LOL. This AP could end up costing me a ton!!!!

Do you AP holders use TiW?
Lacey, yes, one does have that constant burning feeling in the pocket with that AP! it certainlyl makes it easier to plan a trip with when we "don't have to pay" for tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Stopping in from the ambulance to give out a HUGE to all my RC family...but an extra special needs moomy hug to iheart, Melissa, and sis

HRH went for her neurodevelopmental visit this afternoon...and OH boy

Here's a special for Sarah for being so brave (Miss Jeanette HATES needle too sweetie)
Pas, This is for Maddie A big to HRH and our Queen.

Quote:

Trish: So sorry to read the news about your FIL Hopefully your FIL gets some strength havng your DH with him.

So how was the social get together? btw congrats to your DS.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #3285
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aloha!!!

Welcome dimndga!! Sounds like you belong here Congrats on your newest little princess!

Quote:
Congrats on your latest RC! will update the "list"

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: