Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 652

Sarah's Fantasy come true (9-28 to 10-5)

Who we are: Sarah & Wayne Woodman (ages 30 & 28 ), this was our 3rd Disney cruise (second on the Fantasy). Our first was in 2008 September 28th to October 2nd on the Wonder. Our second was for NYE December 29th to January 5th on the Fantasy. Our latest was September 28th to October 5th on the Fantasy. This is my first trip report, I hope you enjoy!

Thursday September 26, 2013

Chattanooga, TN, after 45min. of sleep in my own bed my alarm goes off at 1:30am. I tap Wayne to wake up and get in the shower and doze back off while he takes his shower. After my shower I finished packing the last minute things like my hair brush and deodorant. By 3:40am the rental car was packed and we were Florida bound. With a few food and gas stops we arrived in Port Orange, FL around 1:30pm for a visit with Wayne’s grandparents. By 3pm we started the 1hr. drive south on I95 to Cocoa Beach, FL. After a quick check in at the comfort inn we unpacked our two days’ worth of stuff in room 609 (with a great view of the beach!) we headed to the beach for a stroll at sunset. For dinner we sought out a place that had alligator, neither of us had ever had it. We found this neat seafood place called Florida Seafood grill and bar. The hostess at the door was nice, she sat us in a great location (it was full of people my grandparent’s age so it was nice and quiet). 10 minutes went by and we still had not been greeted, 15 minutes and Wayne got up and asked the hostess for the manager. I hate complaining but hey those tasty alligator bits were on the house after we waited so long for service! After we got a server to help us all was great! Good food, good service, great overall experience, even though we waited for 15 minutes. After dinner we hit the pillows for an early rise to head into Orlando to SeaWorld.

Friday September 27, 2013 (Our 5 year anniversary)

Beep, beep, beep, alarm went off at 6:30am so we could catch breakfast at the hotel and head off to SeaWorld for opening at 9am. We had about an hour drive into Orlando, we paid $4.50 in tolls.... each way! We got to SeaWorld right at opening and walked in with no wait, we did have a small wait to redeem our dine-all-day tickets. For park tickets and the dine-all-day tickets we paid $176 and change (Special $50 tickets on week days). First we went to feed the dolphins, this was so much fun. You get a little basket (for $7 per person) with 4 or 5 fish and your hold it out (keeping an eye on the birds!) and when a dolphin comes over you pet it before you drop the fish in its mouth. We then made our way to the dolphin show. The dolphin show was our favorite, there was a great story line not just a bunch of tricks…. Although there were plenty of those from dolphins, birds and acrobats! Then we walked around saw some animals and got a bite to eat (had to eat our $32.99 worth!), then off to the killer whale show. What beautiful animals, kind of hard to see them that way but as a little girl I’ve always loved killer whales and had never seen one in person. After the show we headed over to Antarctica to see a few more animals, and then we headed towards the sea lion show but not before we stopped for a burrito (yummy). We came upon the underwater viewing of one the orca tank; by chance it was Tilikum (responsible for the deaths of 3 trainers at SeaWorld and the reason behind why the trainers are not allowed in the water anymore). He was beautiful to look at. He was close up to the window, only the glass between us. After 15 minutes we headed towards the sea lion show. The sea lion show was full of fun and humor, great for kids…. Like us! Wayne then rode the Manta (coaster) and we saw the last of the animals before heading towards the gate around 4pm, but not without a quick snack! Yes we ate our $32.99 worth of food! We actually were amazed not more people had the dine-all-day bracelets. Before heading back to the hotel in Cocoa Beach we drove across the street to say hello Wayne’s cousin Brenda who lives in Florida. We then traveled the 1hr back to the hotel, paid $4.50 in tolls again. Our feet hurt but we took a stroll on the beach before we crashed that night.

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.