Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #196
RDP
DIS Veteran

Senses at the GF

DD had the magical manicure and the princess pedicure, DW had the regular manicure. They really did get treated like royalty. DD8 was treated like a princess, all the staff made a huge deal of her visit , both were given a tour of the spa, all the staff curtseyed, DD was presented with a tiara in a bejewelled box, following a precession of 8 staff members who filled into the room to crow the princess of the spa. The staff made a huge effort and I can't praise them enough, I will send an email to Disney on our return home. Well done the GF spa ! It was a really special first visit for DD.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR

Last edited by RDP; 09-04-2013 at 07:13 PM.
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #197
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Hello everyone! Just recently returned from an amazing WDW vacation, and I wanted to give a little review of my spa treatment at Senses at the GF.

My aunt and I decided to try body treatments since we routinely get massages at home- she chose the Sweet Red Rose treatment and I chose the Citrus and Mint. Getting to the spa from the monorail stop was a little bit of a hike due to the GF villa construction. Instead of walking straight to it, we had to walk around the construction along the water in the hot sun. But when we arrived, it was well worth it!

The spa itself is beautiful and serene. We checked in and paid, which I liked doing ahead of time. Then it was time for our journeys to begin! We each got to try the elixir that matched our 'journey'- mine was mango and my aunts was strawberry. We were able to try the other ones too, because I asked

We were shown to our locker and we changed into our comfy robe and cute sandals. As we relaxed in the women's lounge, we drank cucumber basil water and ate carrot zucchini muffins (yum!!). We even tried the heated tile loungers- they were heaven!!!

Our treatments were similar in the process, however the aromatherapy differed. It included an exfoliation, and in-room shower to rinse, a short facial, a scalp massage, and body wrap and finally a lotion application. It was amazing! My skin felt soft and not at all oily all day. After the treatment, we were given cucumber water and a small jelly that matched our original elixir.

After we were done, we were lead back into the women's lounge where we could use the whirlpool, sauna, and tile loungers more. They also had showers to clean up, stocked with hair products and even hair straighteners. We took our time because we didn't want it to end!

I would absolutely recommend Senses at the GF to anyone! Try a body treatment
WDW Commando Member #165

ilovejsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #198
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if the mandara at the swan/dolphin has a steam room?

September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #199
RDP
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="Jenna319;49662066"]Can anyone tell me if the mandara at the swan/dolphin has a steam room?[/QUOTE

The male changing area does , so I suspect the female change will too. The one in the male change is small 2-3 people max.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR
Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #200
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the quick response! Do you have to have a treatment or can you just go to the spa to enjoy the steam room?

September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #201
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna319 View Post
Thank you for the quick response! Do you have to have a treatment or can you just go to the spa to enjoy the steam room?
No entirely sure, I suspect they would charge a fee for use of the facilities if not part of a treatment. I had a massage when I went. ( very good!) I think you can email spa and ask , check the Dolphin web site, I think they have a ' contact us' link
Old 09-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #202
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna319 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the mandara at the swan/dolphin has a steam room?

I believe it had a steam room but not a sauna.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #203
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

I am considering separate massages for DH and myself at Mandara at the Dolphin. We will be staying at BWI, so I thought it would be convenient to do a late afternoon or early evening massage and then either head to our room or maybe walk over to Epcot (depending on how relaxed we are).

I would appreciate a review of the massage experience at Mandara; I'm not finding much with some searching. Most reviews seem to be on Senses. If Senses is much better, I guess I'd forgo convenience for performance. Also, if anyone can comment on the massages available (if any) at Muscles and Bustles, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for any help!

Sandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #204
planningcrazymom
Mouseketeer

A great big thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
Sorry this took so long but I wanted to make it as in depth as possible. I hope this helps someone!

http://www.disneytravelrecord.com/20...eys-grand.html
I am so glad that I found this blog, my daughter-in-law wants to do a massage when we go to WDW next year, I ma going to be sure to have her read this.

planningcrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #205
littleolliesmom
Earning My Ears

I am a therapist at the senses spa at GF. It's beautiful and if you want the whole Disney experience you will get it there. Around every corner is something special for every guest. I think you will be pleasantly surprised my name is Kathleen if you want to book a massage or body treatment. Just request me when you make the reservation and I will make sure you have an amazing spa experience! Also FYI the muscles fitness center spa is no longer doing spa services.
littleolliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #206
My3littlePrincesses
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleolliesmom View Post
I am a therapist at the senses spa at GF. It's beautiful and if you want the whole Disney experience you will get it there. Around every corner is something special for every guest. I think you will be pleasantly surprised my name is Kathleen if you want to book a massage or body treatment. Just request me when you make the reservation and I will make sure you have an amazing spa experience! Also FYI the muscles fitness center spa is no longer doing spa services.
Maybe you can answer a question for me. I called the spa today, but the person I spoke to wasn't very knowledgeable. I am wanting to book a service for myself, dd20 and also bring my dd12 along for the childs pedicure. I understand she will need to be supervised by me at all times. My question is will she have access to anything other than the pedicure? The website shows she cannot go to the healthclub, but what about the whirpool, lounge, snacks? Is that also considered part of the healthclub?
Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #207
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3littlePrincesses View Post
Maybe you can answer a question for me. I called the spa today, but the person I spoke to wasn't very knowledgeable. I am wanting to book a service for myself, dd20 and also bring my dd12 along for the childs pedicure. I understand she will need to be supervised by me at all times. My question is will she have access to anything other than the pedicure? The website shows she cannot go to the healthclub, but what about the whirpool, lounge, snacks? Is that also considered part of the healthclub?
DW went with DD8 who also had a pedi and mani. They certainly had access to the refreshments and snacks / lounge . They were shown the facilities but I believe DD was too young to use them. They had a great time but did not use the spa section.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #208
My3littlePrincesses
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
DW went with DD8 who also had a pedi and mani. They certainly had access to the refreshments and snacks / lounge . They were shown the facilities but I believe DD was too young to use them. They had a great time but did not use the spa section.
Thank you. I wasn't sure what was considered part of the health club and didn't want her to feel totally left out since her older sister will have full access to everything. If she can at least hang out a little while in the lounge with her older sister and not have to immediately leave after her pedicure then I think she will love this. Thanks again!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #209
Bonacker
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what treatments are currently available at the Zahanati fitness center/spa at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

The information available on this DIS WDWInfo website is totally different from what it says on Disney's pages:

See a zillion treatment choices listed here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/aklodge/rec.htm

See only two massages or a facial, here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sp...itness-center/

What do you think? Is the long list of treatments outdated?

Thanks a mill!
Bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #210
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonacker View Post
Does anyone know what treatments are currently available at the Zahanati fitness center/spa at Animal Kingdom Lodge? The information available on this DIS WDWInfo website is totally different from what it says on Disney's pages: See a zillion treatment choices listed here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/aklodge/rec.htm See only two massages or a facial, here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sp...itness-center/ What do you think? Is the long list of treatments outdated? Thanks a mill!
I believe it's only massages. Not sure about facials .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: