Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #3451
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I am very very glad they did something for you too. I was also shocked when I saw the dogs when we checked in. I had no idea thy allowed them. I hope the check in is working for you in the morning. What to,e do you arrive? If it is early enough they have the chance to move you if the room is not where you want, This is a big celebration for you and I would like it to be perfect for you!
We will be in Orlando already and will probably arrive about noon on Sunday. As long as we get Tokelau, I will be happy!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 10-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #3452
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
I m new to the poly. It has been my dream for years. Finally with the room discount i was able to book. All that was left was standard, but i do not care. Poly is my dream resort.
I do have couple questions if you poly pros dont mind
Do all rooms come with a day bed?
What do you think of rarotonga? Being close to the food court n transporatation is important. As far as view i think it would be insane to sit on my balcony and watch the monorail. Which is what got me thinking rarotonga. Now when i do online check in can i request this? Or should i call and ask for "rarotonga, 3rd floor monorail view"?
Any input you all can give to make this magical would be great!
Thank you
Hi and Welcome to Poly love! We have stayed twice and requested Raratonga both times. We absolutely love it! For us, being close to food court/transportation was most important! You literally walked out of the building and into GCH! It is also very close to the TTC. We request ground floor as we like to have a patio for kids to play but highly recommend Raratonga...think it is overlooked as a gem!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #3453
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Thank you! Sounds like a perfect spot for us then
Old 10-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #3454
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
We will be in Orlando already and will probably arrive about noon on Sunday. As long as we get Tokelau, I will be happy!
I will be saying Tokelau prayers for you. Maybe with everyone trying to get far away from the construction that you will get your wish no problem. I so hope that is true for you. I just so want your trip to be perfect and magical!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #3455
karriealex

Quote:
I m new to the poly. It has been my dream for years. Finally with the room discount i was able to book. All that was left was standard, but i do not care. Poly is my dream resort.
I do have couple questions if you poly pros dont mind
Do all rooms come with a day bed?
What do you think of rarotonga? Being close to the food court n transporatation is important. As far as view i think it would be insane to sit on my balcony and watch the monorail. Which is what got me thinking rarotonga. Now when i do online check in can i request this? Or should i call and ask for "rarotonga, 3rd floor monorail view"?
Any input you all can give to make this magical would be great!
Thank you
You are going to fall in love and get hooked as we all are; Yes all rooms have the couch that pulls down into a daybed. My kids fight over it. I have slept on it myself and it s really comfortable. I bet if you called CRO and asked that that particular vew be added to your reservation that you might have a good chance of getting. It is not as popular view as others and they might love that someone wants that view. if i had my choice I would love that view too but dh is against it, I would call and add it to the reservation because there is just so much you can ask for on online reservation. I mean you could ask for that longhouse and floor but not which side of the building you want so you run the risk of getting the other side. Good luck on getting exactly what you are dreaming of.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #3456
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Thank you!
That is so great. We are a family of four with two teens. And they are rotten about the beds lol. So we usually bring an air mattress and one sleeps on that on the floor. That day bed is going to be huge. They also like filling those mugs, so being close to capt cooks is good. Rarotonga sounds like a perfect fit. I cant even express how over the moon i am about this resort. Its been like that "someday" resort for years.
I am going to call and add that view to my reservation. I feel better knowing that view isnt so popular. Sitting with my mug watching the monorail go by is a dream.
Nevermind ohanas being right there. Got three adrs booked for ohanas. Those potstickers are delicous lol!
Thank you! So glad i found this thread
Old 10-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #3457
psac
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the visual poem, Tinkerbellie!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #3458
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I m new to the poly. It has been my dream for years. Finally with the room discount i was able to book. All that was left was standard, but i do not care. Poly is my dream resort. I do have couple questions if you poly pros dont mind Do all rooms come with a day bed? What do you think of rarotonga? Being close to the food court n transporatation is important. As far as view i think it would be insane to sit on my balcony and watch the monorail. Which is what got me thinking rarotonga. Now when i do online check in can i request this? Or should i call and ask for "rarotonga, 3rd floor monorail view"? Any input you all can give to make this magical would be great! Thank you
We stayed in Rarotonga in May and loved it! It was nice to not have much of a walk after coming back from the parks. We had a monorail view and did not hear it at all. We will definitely request that longhouse in the future. The walk wasn't bad to and from the TTC either. Love the location! You can request balcony and longhouse during online check in.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #3459
carly102982
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. I am new to Poly and working on my online check in. I have been researching for a couple days. There are 5 of us and we have the standard/garden view booked for dec 1-6. I just know my boys would love a view of the monorail. So after researching I was thinking Aotearoa. Monorail view plus it's close to the beach which my boys would also love. I was also looking at Rarotonga? I think those are my only choices for monorail view right? Anybody have any reason why it would be better other than proximity to the TTC which I'm not worried about. I don't care to walk. Also with young kids do you all think ground floor is better? Second floor balcony would have been nice I guess but the two with monorail views don't have balconies right? Would be nice to sit and relax on after the kids crash. Thanks so much for any advice!

Oh and thanks to tikiman. Your site has helped me so much!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #3460
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly102982 View Post
Hi everyone. I am new to Poly and working on my online check in. I have been researching for a couple days. There are 5 of us and we have the standard/garden view booked for dec 1-6. I just know my boys would love a view of the monorail. So after researching I was thinking Aotearoa. Monorail view plus it's close to the beach which my boys would also love. I was also looking at Rarotonga? I think those are my only choices for monorail view right? Anybody have any reason why it would be better other than proximity to the TTC which I'm not worried about. I don't care to walk. Also with young kids do you all think ground floor is better? Second floor balcony would have been nice I guess but the two with monorail views don't have balconies right? Would be nice to sit and relax on after the kids crash. Thanks so much for any advice!

Oh and thanks to tikiman. Your site has helped me so much!
I believe both buildings have balconies on the monorail side. Yes first floor would be better with little ones but if you are diligent a balcony floor would work. I believe these are the lesser requested rooms so you may have a greater chance of getting what you want.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #3461
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly102982 View Post
Hi everyone. I am new to Poly and working on my online check in. I have been researching for a couple days. There are 5 of us and we have the standard/garden view booked for dec 1-6. I just know my boys would love a view of the monorail. So after researching I was thinking Aotearoa. Monorail view plus it's close to the beach which my boys would also love. I was also looking at Rarotonga? I think those are my only choices for monorail view right? Anybody have any reason why it would be better other than proximity to the TTC which I'm not worried about. I don't care to walk. Also with young kids do you all think ground floor is better? Second floor balcony would have been nice I guess but the two with monorail views don't have balconies right? Would be nice to sit and relax on after the kids crash. Thanks so much for any advice! Oh and thanks to tikiman. Your site has helped me so much!
Rarotonga has balconies. We had one in May.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #3462
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Hi all - we are excited to visit Poly GV CL in January and we are working on our nightly plans... we plan to watch Wishes from the lounge (8pm most nights that we are there) - will the EWP be at 9pm? It was at 9pm in July but I'm not sure if that changes in the winter. Anyone know? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thoughts on outdoor movies? Do they run in the winter? Times?

Thanks so much! This is our first time visiting in the winter months and I'm excited for the lower crowds and just for going back!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 10-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #3463
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Hi all - we are excited to visit Poly GV CL in January and we are working on our nightly plans... we plan to watch Wishes from the lounge (8pm most nights that we are there) - will the EWP be at 9pm? It was at 9pm in July but I'm not sure if that changes in the winter. Anyone know? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thoughts on outdoor movies? Do they run in the winter? Times?

Thanks so much! This is our first time visiting in the winter months and I'm excited for the lower crowds and just for going back!
It's always at 9:00

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 10-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #3464
smallsy
Mouseketeer

When we were at POR for the 2012 marathon they still showed movies. I want to say they started them earlier, maybe 7, since it gets dark sooner, but maybe it was 8.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #3465
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallsy View Post
When we were at POR for the 2012 marathon they still showed movies. I want to say they started them earlier, maybe 7, since it gets dark sooner, but maybe it was 8.
I should clarify when I said "they are always at 9:00" I was talking about the EWP. I don't know if the movies are earlier in the winter. I would guess yes.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: