Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #826
Disneyducks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifaerie View Post
I haven't uploaded the pictures to my website yet, but to get them up ASAP for you to look at, I made them public on my Google+ account. Try this. If it doesn't work, I could email them to you.

I called and faxed, explaining that it was our five-year wedding anniversary, and we spent our honeymoon in Tokelau and wanted to again. I also asked if we could have a view of the construction. We had a standard view booked, and we got 3914! We felt like we won the lottery.
Your pictures look great congrats on your 5 years! - what number did you call and what number did you fax too for the poly? Thanks for your help!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #827
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
For transportation ease have you thought of CR or one of the EPCOT resorts? Waiting for the boat (even though it's only a 5 minute or so ride), and then having to pack everything up (not like the ease of running back to the room if we forgot something) and then packing up, waiting for the boat all over again to go back to the room sounds likes too much trouble for me - and you have a large group. I would seriously think about switching - but that's me.
We have thought about the CR, we're just not in love with the theming. My family stayed at BC this summer and LOVED it, but with the little ones I figure we will be at MK the majority of the time so not sure if we want to be restricted to mostly bus rides to MK. I like the idea of the newly refurbed rooms at the poly and having the access of the TTC also- just trying to decide if that is more important than not having the feature pool. Thanks for the advice!

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #828
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Good luck with your decision - I'm sure you'll have a magical trip wherever you end up.

We had the same problem with CR - although my one ds is dying to try CR!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #829
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
There are guests that have reservations in April and even out to August of next year that are being told the pool will be closed and they will have to shuttle over to the Grand Floridian pool.
My boys will not be happy with the pool being closed. I really was thinking they wouldn't have it down for their busy summer months. We are reservations in June.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #830
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Do we know if Luau Beach will be open for wedding ceremonies? We are doing a vow renewal May 19, 2014. Our choices online were GF marina, WL sunset Terrace or Luau Beach.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #831
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Just got back and enjoyed a beautiful room in Tuvalu with great views - no obstructions. A word of caution though... do NOT leave your slider open at night. I made that mistake one night and although I enjoyed a magical night of folding laundry with the boat parade music filling the room, I paid for it in mosquitoes. We killed over 50 of those things in the room that night, and two of my kids were pretty bit up in the morning.

We also spent two nights in Tokelau with very pretty garden views. Really didn't see any construction in our areas - the most was a few groups of business/engineer people clustered on the dock mid-day, discussing structural things.

The shut down monorail surprised us, but the boats were convenient enough for us to not create a problem.

I'm going to go through Tonga toast and Kona pressed coffee withdraws in the morning!
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #832
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

If this is all supposed to go down in april with gch i should be all set end of feb-1st week of march? Its my dream vacation and first time at poly. The pool i can deal with... i guess. But the gch being closed is my deal breaker. I cant wait to walk in there to check in. Plus i have three ohana adrs. It blows my mind that they would completely overhaul a resort like this in this magnitude at once...
CR is sold out in the room disc for that time frame as well as gf. Ughh... i just want the poly anyways.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #833
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

We will be there week of 10/26. Our first time. We requested standard rooms in Tokelau. Sounds from last reports we should be okay. We will have two days of napping in the room (preschooler). If nyone thinks we should request a different longhouse we would be grateful for your opinion.

What mattered to us...
Proximity to GCH
Not too too far from pool
Views

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #834
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sorry if this has already been asked, didn't see a previous post on it....

we are planning to meet up at the Poly during our Thanksgiving trip with a large group of friends and then watch Wishes from the beach...will this still be possible?

TIA
Old 10-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #835
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
sorry if this has already been asked, didn't see a previous post on it....

we are planning to meet up at the Poly during our Thanksgiving trip with a large group of friends and then watch Wishes from the beach...will this still be possible?

TIA
Are you eating there? They do periodically id check the beach and because it is a busy holiday they may but I would think if you had dinner there they probably wouldn't say anything. If you cant get into Ohana, Kona is a really good restaurant also.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #836
JandLsMom
Earning My Ears

I would LOVE to see Tikiman post pictures of views from certain roooms that Poly guests send him during the next several months, along with the room location. Is there any way to do this, Steve? It would be so beneficial for those of us going to the Poly in the upcoming months, knowing how good / bad the views really are. Thanks in advance!
JandLsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #837
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandLsMom View Post
I would LOVE to see Tikiman post pictures of views from certain roooms that Poly guests send him during the next several months, along with the room location. Is there any way to do this, Steve? It would be so beneficial for those of us going to the Poly in the upcoming months, knowing how good / bad the views really are. Thanks in advance!
I would bookmark his site and check periodically. He is really good about posting the pictures that he gets.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #838
grammaHBSR4
Earning My Ears

We are staying at Poly starting Oct 26 and are super excited! Haven't stayed there in years and my kids/grandkids never have. We have requested Fiji but someone mentioned Tokelau (sp?) has bigger rooms - is this true! Thanks so much - learning tons here!
grammaHBSR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #839
Nhebron
Mouseketeer

I am terribly disappointed about the Poly construction going on. No wonder it was so easy for me to get a standard room under the SPD deal. All of the standard rooms at CR were sold out. We are going to stick it out and try to make the best of it.

I am still not clear whether the main pool will be completely closed in February. We are staying the week of Feb 9th. I guess it isn't a deal breaker though. I really want to stay close to MK. Contemporary standard rooms are sold out. GF is not an option (looks stuffy and I have a rowdy 3 year-old boy) and WL doesn't appeal to me. Guess I will suck it up!
Nhebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #840
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhebron View Post
I really want to stay close to MK. Contemporary standard rooms are sold out. GF is not an option (looks stuffy and I have a rowdy 3 year-old boy) and WL doesn't appeal to me. Guess I will suck it up!
You can keep checking availability at CR -- as time goes on, people cancel and/or change resorts. I am going to still plan to stay at Poly in July no matter what. Well....I guess if it's a total destruction zone, then I'll hope for CR, just like you.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: