Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,139

Who is at Poly now to report on daytime resort monorail shutdown?

During the daytime shutdown of the resort monorail is there a boat directly to MK? A bus? How often?
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!May, 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran
 
EvilQueenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 129 miles from cindy's castle
Posts: 803

In terms of the boats I read on wdwmagic that they had added more boats going to/from mk on the regular mk/gf/poly route. Don't know about the buses tho.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
simba2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 668

Going soon. Just saw this thread. What do you mean about the monorail being shut down during the day? We picked the Poly to be on the monorail line. I need it for my mobility scooter -- don't think I can take it on the boat.
__________________
3/1983 off site; 9/1985 off site; 4/1988 off site; 10/1993 off site; 3/1996 off site; 3/1999 ASMo;
11/00 ASMo; 5/01 Poly; Labor Day Weekend '01 Poly; 9/01 ASMo; 10/03 Poly; 5/04 AKL; Thanksgiving 11/04 YC; Christmas '04 GF; 5/05 Pop; 10/05 Swan; Thanksgiving 11/05 Dolphin; 5/06 POR; Poly, WL and Wonder Halloween Cruise 10/06-11/06; Christmas '06 Poly; President's Week 2/07 POR; Thanksgiving 11/07 POR; 4/08 WL; 9/10 POFQ; Thanksgiving 2013 Poly
simba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by simba2 View Post
Going soon. Just saw this thread. What do you mean about the monorail being shut down during the day? We picked the Poly to be on the monorail line. I need it for my mobility scooter -- don't think I can take it on the boat.
From about Oct. 6 - 20 the resort monorail is not running from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM. Supposedly buses and boats will be used during these times.
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!May, 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:29 AM   #5
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by simba2
Going soon. Just saw this thread. What do you mean about the monorail being shut down during the day? We picked the Poly to be on the monorail line. I need it for my mobility scooter -- don't think I can take it on the boat.
From other threads, resort monorail is down for a few/several weeks from late morning (10 or 11) until just before dinner (6 or so). Luckily at poly, you also have option of walking to ttc and just taking express monorail.
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
mevelandry
DIS Veteran
 
mevelandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 798

I think OP wants to hear the voice of those staying there right now and know if the replacements are efficient.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran
 
2DisPrincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558
During the daytime shutdown of the resort monorail is there a boat directly to MK? A bus? How often?
Both buy not often enough when we were there last week. It took us an hour to get to Magic Kingdom on the 9th...
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DD,8 ) (DD,5)

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!
 
JessietheNCCowgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 202

First off, I must say I love the Westie avatar picture, we have 2 Westies ourselves.
Secondly, we just returned last night from an 8-night stay at the Poly. We headed to the MK twice for the Halloween party during the time that the resort monorail was unavailable. We did take a boat and they were using larger boats (ones you can roll strollers and wheelchairs on) to handle the crowds. The boats came every 10 minutes or so. We had to wait to board a 2nd boat on one trip over and the 2nd trip we had to stand.
You can also walk to the TTC and board the express monorail or the ferry boats which may be faster than taking a resort boat launch depending on what building you are in and how many people are waiting in line on the boat dock. Let me know if you have other questions. Have a great trip!
__________________
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014, BWI July 2014
JessietheNCCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
First off, I must say I love the Westie avatar picture, we have 2 Westies ourselves.
Secondly, we just returned last night from an 8-night stay at the Poly. We headed to the MK twice for the Halloween party during the time that the resort monorail was unavailable. We did take a boat and they were using larger boats (ones you can roll strollers and wheelchairs on) to handle the crowds. The boats came every 10 minutes or so. We had to wait to board a 2nd boat on one trip over and the 2nd trip we had to stand.
You can also walk to the TTC and board the express monorail or the ferry boats which may be faster than taking a resort boat launch depending on what building you are in and how many people are waiting in line on the boat dock. Let me know if you have other questions. Have a great trip!
Thanks for the great info. Just what I need.
P.S. Westies are characters!
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!May, 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
Fly me with Balloons
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 167

Tikiman just posted on FB that the monorail is back to normal.
Fly me with Balloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.