Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #2896
Scrapmom3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You will NOT be on the Atrium Club level as those rooms are designated with "Atrium Club" in the booking. The booking code for a King Tower Club room is "CW" and reads: Standard Room King Club Level. A Queen room is even more mysterious and reads: Standard Club Level Room.

I have no idea why Disney makes it so mysterious so that even the CMs aren't sure what floor they're booking, but I assure you you're on the 14th with "CW" and "Standard Club Level." For an Atrium Club booking with a Bay Lake View, it reads: Standard View and not Bay Lake View and a Standard View for the Garden Wing is the parking lot and not Bay Lake. Trish is correct that you can't book the Tower Club level online. You have to know those 5 non-suites exist (or the suites) and call to ask a (possibly mildly confused) CM about them.
This is very helpful. Thank you! I feel reassured now. We do not have the "CW" on our paperwork, but we do have the rest of it: "Standard Room-King-Club Level," so things are looking good!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #2897
Liberator
Mouseketeer

I just found some pictures of the standard rooms from the 14th floor from 2008.

now, 5 years later, have these rooms been refurbished?
when looking at the floor plan, the king rooms are smaller? Is that correct?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #2898
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator

The 14th was JUST refurbished this year.

I've never been in a 14th floor room, but they do appear to be a bit smaller from the floor plan, but remember they all have a HUGE balcony. I'm hoping to be there next year to see for myself but I'm not sure if the budget will hold.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #2899
Disney44please
Mouse Hater?

Hey everyone!

I have been lurking here for a while and would love to join if you would have me!

I've just booked my first Disney trip and I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!

We booked 6 nights (4/5 - 4/11) at the Contemporary, Atrium Club Level with a Theme Park View! This will be my first time down there and I am bringing the hubby and two munchkins (2 and 4) too!

Have I mentioned I'm excited??
Old 10-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #2900
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney44please View Post
Hey everyone!

I have been lurking here for a while and would love to join if you would have me!

We booked 6 nights (4/5 - 4/11) at the Contemporary, Atrium Club Level with a Theme Park View! This will be my first time down there and I am bringing the hubby and two munchkins (2 and 4) too!

Welcome to the CR FAQ .

We are glad to have you.....the more the merrier . Congrats on booking CR TPV CL .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #2901
snausman
Mouseketeer

Hi All, Well I just booked our Sept. 2014 trip and of course I book the CR. I got a CL TPV room again for next year, as we loved it so much. So could we please be added to the list. Sept.12 thru 21. Thanks and so looking forward to staying at CR again.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 10-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #2902
Khy
Earning My Ears

Dessertaholic question for CR Club Level

Hi all. We're a couple of adult dessertaholics, who will be at the CR Tower Club for 9 nights in November, 2013. It's the first time, for us, staying at this location (as we've been at the Poly and GF Club Levels in the past). We're wondering about the dessert selection at night in the Tower Club lounge, so if anyone can let us know what is offered, that would be great. Cupcakes, rice krispie treats, anything chocolate? (We're also hoping for cinnamon rolls at breakfast, but that's another story!)
When we're at Disney, we splurge, both financially and calorie-wise!
Thanks for your information, and best wishes to all!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #2903
babyberger
DIS Veteran

KOOK - you know that change you made for me from CR to BLT? Can you remove it all together it was for Jan 4-6. Thanks a million!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #2904
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post

The room rehab was just completed this summer and I don't know what the exact square footage is of a Tower Club King/Queen room Vs. an Atrium Club room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney44please View Post
Hey everyone!

Great to have you with us and welcome! If this is your very first WDW trip, then you are starting out at the top! Have fun planning your trip and ADRs and let us know if you have any questions. I'll add you to our Log-orail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Hi All, Well I just booked our Sept. 2014 trip and of course I book the CR. I got a CL TPV room again for next year, as we loved it so much. So could we please be added to the list. Sept.12 thru 21. Thanks and so looking forward to staying at CR again.

Laura
Congratulations, Laura! I'll add you and happy planning to you, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khy View Post
Hi all. We're a couple of adult dessertaholics, who will be at the CR Tower Club for 9 nights in November, 2013. It's the first time, for us, staying at this location (as we've been at the Poly and GF Club Levels in the past). We're wondering about the dessert selection at night in the Tower Club lounge, so if anyone can let us know what is offered, that would be great. Cupcakes, rice krispie treats, anything chocolate? (We're also hoping for cinnamon rolls at breakfast, but that's another story!)
to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread!

Supposedly, the Tower Club offerings are the same as Atrium Club which definitely offers mini chocolate desserts such as mousse and cakes and cookies during snack time in the afternoon. We're staying in June/July so I will post photos then. I don't recall ever seeing Riced Krispie Treats at any CL where I've stayed, but I do know for sure that every morning the Old Faithful Club at WL has mini cinnamon rolls, but I can't recall if CR does.

HERE is a video of the lounge and a couple of Atrium Club dessert photos from the first page:

Old 10-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #2905
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
KOOK - you know that change you made for me from CR to BLT? Can you remove it all together it was for Jan 4-6. Thanks a million!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Oh, no! Remove it? I just updated the Log-orail and saw your BLT dates. So CR is out (again), too? I'll remove you, but know that I'm very happy to add you back anytime
Old 10-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #2906
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Is the splash pad at CR usually working? I have visited the CR several times and the splash pad is never working when I go. Is that normal?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #2907
rustyfla
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khy View Post

We stayed club level in Sept. and I think they had cinnamon rolls once or twice, though they were the smaller (more flat) types, although still great.

The desserts were awesome! Several different ones to choose from each night, and they would all be different each day.
Sept. 2013 - Contemporary Atrium CL #4847
for 20th Anniversary.

Dec., 2013 - Coronado Springs room #3387 (king) (Casita's 3)

Mar., 2014 - Coronado Springs Cabanas 9B #9546
Aug., 2014 - Port Orleans FQ Bldg 1, rm 1118
Sep., 2014 - Polynesian Honeymoon Suite (21st anniversary)
Nov., 2014 - Polynesian
Feb., 2015 - Grand Floridian

Old 10-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #2908
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

As of today only 14 days to stay at Bay lake Towers. One of my dreams as a kids was to stay at the Contemporary resort, we were too poor as kids. But changed my mind and staying a Bay Lake because of having a one bedroom with 2 bathrooms and washer and dryer in our room. So excited
Old 10-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #2909
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
As of today only 14 days to stay at Bay lake Towers. One of my dreams as a kids was to stay at the Contemporary resort, we were too poor as kids. But changed my mind and staying a Bay Lake because of having a one bedroom with 2 bathrooms and washer and dryer in our room. So excited

My story is the same except I have 62 days to wait!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 10-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #2910
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

:che er2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
My story is the same except I have 62 days to wait!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: