Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
luvavacation
DIS Veteran

3 nights in December, Poly or Contemporary concierge?

I will be going to Disney World the week before Christmas with my DD. We are only staying 3 nights and plan on doing some Christmas shopping and hoping to see the Candlelight Processional. The main goal is just to spend fun time together as mother/daughter after completion of her first semester away at college. I am not sure which resort to book, however!

Thirteen years ago, we stayed in the Contemporary's North Garden Wing, and have also stayed in GF and Poly previously. We were hoping to be on the Monorail for ease of transport, and would like to try the Club Level at either Poly or Contemporary. I have looked at pictures of the offerings for both, and it appears there are more varying items for the Poly Club Level food items than the Contemporary. Is this correct?

We have stayed at a couple of Club Level resorts at Disney, and our favorite has been AKL's. However, we were just there this past summer, and will be staying there again with the whole family next summer, so I would like to try something different. DD thought the Contemporary might be interesting, but the food items seem bland, and we like a bit of adventure in our food offerings.

I am also aware that there is construction at the Poly, but it doesn't appear to be near the Hawaii building where I think Club Level is. Or am I incorrect about this?

What would you all recommend? I admit to being so used to AKL that I just don't know what to choose when branching out! Any guidance on which resort offers a better choice for Club Level? Or is everything pretty standardized from resort to resort now?

Thanks for any insight!
luvavacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
GoGoBeans
Mouseketeer

We really liked the Atrium Club at CR just as much as AKL. The AKL lounge is bigger and better for lounging but the view from Atrium can not be beat. I also enjoyed the food better at Atrium although the mimosas better at AKL. You can't go wrong.

We were booked in Hawaii for next summer but changed over to YC. My understand in is the construction is out in front if Hawaii on the beach.
BC - 10/11
YC summer 2014
GoGoBeans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
luvavacation
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your observations, GoGoBeans.

At this point, I suppose I shall lean more towards booking CR then! Hmm, I should probably take a look at the pool, I think it was changed up a bit in the last few years. Pool and food, two important things for my family when on vacation!
luvavacation is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: