Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #16
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
How about you change that question to: IF that happens, should we complain? Then, the following advice would be appropriate.
Sorry: french canadian

Sometimes the nuance is not as obvious in my writing than It is in my head.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

We have never had a problem with any of the resorts that we have stayed at but POR AB section the Housekeeping wasn't the greatest. Beds were made and that is about it. Trash not taken out, no shampoo or conditioner left for us. The room was not dirty or anything. Not enough to keep me from staying there again because like all the others are saying it is hit or miss. These things could happen at any resort.

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
nkereina
Wendy Darling

While I agree that bad housekeeping can happen anywhere and it solely depends on the housekeeper, we did experience some bad housekeeping at POR last trip. When we got into our room the first time, there were dried drink rings on the dresser, someone else's finger prints on the mirror, crumbs by the table/AC, and no toiletries. The toiletries were replenished the next day but the rest remained for the duration of our trip, ultimately proving our housekeeper was either lazy or in a rush. We didn't bother to complain, we just didn't tip.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #19
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

We still tipped but we didn't complain either. We had to ask for toiletries and towels. The only housekeeper we encountered was an older lady who was always ready with a smile so I just couldn't bring myself to not leave a tip or complain.

My brother stayed at POR-French quarter in December and had excellent housekeeping. If I ever stay at POR again we will probably try French Quarter.

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #20
ubermama
Mouseketeer

We've stayed at the POR 5 times, sometimes for up to 14 nights. We've never really had an issue. The last stay was two years ago and the rooms were starting to show their age so last year we stayed at a different resort on site. My understanding is that the rooms have all been updated now and I have no hesitation booking our summer trip this summer.

That being said, friends of ours stayed with us on our last trip, they were in a different building and they made housekeeping crazy with requests/demands. The room would of never been clean enough for them. Some people have unrealistic expectations and sometimes a room was just not cleaned well.

I am prepared to call housekeeping if there was an issue but I also realize this is a hotel with alot of people going through it. Keep your expectations realistic and things should be fine.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
midge3426
Mouseketeer

We were there the second week in September and the housekeeping was passable, but not up to Disney standards. The room was presentable, but there was garbage by the beds and corners that was not ours. There were not enough towels. I had to leave a note several times requesting towels. We had five people in our party and consistently they left four bath towels, four wash rags, two hand towels, and a floor towels. That is not enough for five people, especially teenagers. We were there for a week and never had our sheets changed. Disney is suppose to change your sheets on the fourth night and that did not happen. And I have a pet peeve and very few housekeepers do this and that is to empty the water out of the ice bucket and give me a fresh bag. That is extremely annoying. Also, the ice machine in building 18 has really bad smelling and tasting ice. I don't know if it is just the Florida water or the ice machine and filter need a serious cleaning, but it was horrible. It was doubly horrible because refilling your mug at the food court was a lesson in futility. The beverage area was always horribly crowded and when you got there, you could only get a cube or two of ice. As you can tell, I love ice in my beverages. We ended up going to the Hess station for our beverages.
midge3426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #22
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

Never had an issue at POR. Did have am issue at a Beach Club. There had been a computer glitch and the room was not supposed to have been released. Immediately moved to another room. If I walk into a dirty room on check-in, I would take pictures and go back to the front desk for assistance.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #23
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

POR is a favorite for us. We love it there! All common areas are very clean, and it makes you "feel good" to walk there.

However - if you stay in the AB section, your rooms are clean. The shower is extremely clean & the bathroom sparkles.
BUT - if you stay in the Mansion buildings - the shower does not have the clean, clean, clean or the sparkle that the AB rooms have.

I think the Housekeeping managers need to do some unannounced room checks for cleanliness. They would be shocked at the difference - even in a Royal Rm - of what CLEAN means. AB section wins!

I am surprised that the personnel who run the resort haven't noticed the difference in the cleaning crews.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #24
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

I didn't notice anything wrong with POR. Our housekeeping in Magnolia was fine and thought all the common areas looked great. But then again, I wasn't looking for anything, so it would've had to hit me on the head, Disney bubble....I guess.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

I wasn't looking for anything wrong either. We LOVE POR! The common areas are very clean, as I stated in my last post.

We stayed in both the Mansions & AB this summer. The difference in housekeeping was very, very noticeable in the bathroom areas. We were surprised that one shower was soooooooo clean & the next one was dirty to the point of questioning whether to wear shower shoes in the shower.

We cleaned the shower ourselves, so it wasn't a big deal. We bought a scrub brush & cleaning supplies at a nearby Target.

My signature tells how I feel about POR! Love it, love it, love it!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #26
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
I wasn't looking for anything wrong either. We LOVE POR! The common areas are very clean, as I stated in my last post.

We stayed in both the Mansions & AB this summer. The difference in housekeeping was very, very noticeable in the bathroom areas. We were surprised that one shower was soooooooo clean & the next one was dirty to the point of questioning whether to wear shower shoes in the shower.

We cleaned the shower ourselves, so it wasn't a big deal. We bought a scrub brush & cleaning supplies at a nearby Target.

My signature tells how I feel about POR! Love it, love it, love it!
No, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. Just that I really don't notice that unless it's real bad. In fact the only time I really had any problem at Dis was when we had a mold issue at CBR and even then I didn't notice until I got sick.

I was actually thinking more about the common areas on that.

I think it really probably depends on who's on. I do however notice, sometimes you get great towel refills and sometimes not. They do change from day to day, but I have had to round up towels before from a housekeeper, though only a couple of times.

Also, we do want to try AB next time just because I want to stay at a sooner bus since at the last stop last time we had some problems. My kids aren't thrilled as they liked Magnolia, so I hope the room is great so I don't get a "I told you so,."

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #27
That Mom
Mouseketeer

We stayed at POR in a Royal room last December and found a dirty pair of men's underwear in the bathroom on arrival. I immediately called housekeeping and a supervisor came and cleaned the bathroom. I carry Lysol wipes so I wiped everything else down again. That is the only issue we have had in 15+ trips but it was enough to gross me out a bit.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #28
carmelhp
Mouseketeer

We brought lysol and clorox wipes and scrup soap and didn't use any of it. The POR RGR we were in had great housekeeping (unlike our Pop experience, never again). We slept in one day and they left towels and soaps and shampoo on our door, and then came back and cleaned and left more after we went out. I was very happy with POR housekeeping. We did always leave a tip.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #29
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
..... I would say something.
You just did.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #30
dlo1027
Earning My Ears

My experience at POR

never had bad mousekeeping at riverside!
dlo1027 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: