Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Worried since I read some reviews about LM rooms

Hi!

DH and I are going to AoA in two weeks and will stay in the LM section. I heard reviews about the beds being "short" ... My husband is 6'1" ... Is it true? Also I heard the soundproofing was terrible. I'm bringing hearplugs in my bags because it's one thing I just can't deal with in a hotel room.

We already have a backup plan if the room is not comfortable enough, we have our Plan B and Plan C (and saved the money just in case) if we decide to upgrade after our first night at AoA.

I really wanna love AoA but I'm a bit worried since I read some reviews. We always stay moderate or deluxe, it's going to be our first stay in a value.

I would really appreciate to hear the voices of people who tried LM rooms who can tell me more about the size of the beds and I would especially like to hear the voices of people who are "Moderate or Deluxe kind of people" to tell me what are the big differences they've seen in those rooms...

Thanks in advance!
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

My husband who is 6 feet is lying down in a LM bed right now.

If he lays on his belly, his feet hang over (but he says it's very comfy). if he lays on his back and stretches out, his feet just reach the edge.

The beds are quite comfy (more comfy than Pop).

Soundproofing is great. The resort is at full capacity, and we are on the third floor with people above us, below us and beside us. The only thing we hear are the toilets flushing, but just faintly.

At pop we could hear the sound of people peeing and brushing their teeth.
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

We always find the walls seem thinner, if you will, in the bathroom. I close the bathroom door every night which cuts down significantly on the outside noise. After you do this a few times, you definitely know if you forget one night!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
stauncie
Mouseketeer

the beds aren't 'short'. they are a typical full size bed.
Which is why, when we stay at AOA we stay in a family suite, because DH is 6'5", and he needs the added length that a queen bed provides.

The only way DH will stay in a value room, is if its just the two of us, and he can have a whole bed to himself to sleep (he sleeps corner to corner to 'fit' on the bed)

I didn't notice much noise coming through the walls, but we did hear doors 'slamming shut' from neighboring rooms. The only other noise we noticed were when people were walking by, literally right outside our door.(we were just around the corner from the elevator) Otherwise, we didn't hear anything.

I don't think the sounds were any different than our stays at POR, or CS, or even WL or AKL.

but I will say, my experience has been the higher category the room, the higher quality the mattress, and a good nights sleep can make or break a trip.
stauncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
catwalk82
Earning My Ears

My husband is 6'1" and had no problems in those beds. We were also on the third floor during a very busy period this last January and had no noise issues.
catwalk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Ok so... Closing the bathroom doors, requesting a higher level ...

We have a king bed at home so when we're in Disney we always sleep separately, he picks one bed, i pick the other (and we think it's hilarious). (we give a good tip to the mousekeeping since she has to make 2 beds)...

Oh, talking about mousekeeping, is it true that thy don't clean as much in the values?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Ames389
Earning My Ears

The beds are very comfortable. We stayed at AoA for a couple of nights and then moved to POFQ which has queen beds. The Mermaid room beds were more comfortable! Do you have room to pack a small fan? We drive so we always take a fan to block out the noise.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames389 View Post
The beds are very comfortable. We stayed at AoA for a couple of nights and then moved to POFQ which has queen beds. The Mermaid room beds were more comfortable! Do you have room to pack a small fan? We drive so we always take a fan to block out the noise.
We travel with handbags... Couldn't sleep with the fan anyway. Sorry to give you my own performance of the princess and the pea.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: