Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
DCDisney
On my way...

I think the phrase "we felt like we saved money" is key to the OP's perception. When you see those big TS bills you feel like you saved money but for us when I took the time after our trip to add everything up we really saved very little especially considering some of the things we took even though we didn't want them like some of the desserts and lots of the drinks. Saving less than $100 on our trips isn't really much once you go through and think out desserts that were tossed after one bite and every trip there was a meal we ate when we weren't hungry at all just because of the ddp. If someone were to get sick and not really eat for a day that would totally make it worthless. We tend to eat expensive entrees so I could justify it somewhat until we made a trip without the plan. We ate at a bunch of places that weren't a good value on the DDP and LOVED them. We also ate at a number of signature places. Really they aren't a good value on the ddp because they tend to cost about 1.5 times as much as a 1 credit meal and you are paying 2 credits for them. We much prefer sharing an app and a dessert or 2 rather than being stuck with 4 desserts every meal. My kids did worry that I wouldn't let them really have the snack per day without the ddp so I bought them Disney giftcards to cover it and they loved having more flexibility with their snacks too. Our next trip we are traveling with family and little kids and getting the ddp heavily discounted so we'll do the ddp for ease of use but not really for the savings but having little kids and character meals does make it make more sense.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: