Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #811
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
As bethclayton said the movies were back on the beach during our last trip too..not sure about the activities..but I will gladly check that in a few weeks!!!

Have you been lonely without me posting at the same time the last few days!!???

Welcome back! Nothing like a birthday celebration at the the GF .. Happy planning..ADR's FP+'s and all!

MickeyNut..Grannyminnie too!

ahc Sorry that you have been so under the weather...Glad that you are starting to feel better tho....

maxie I agree about the courtyard pool..and have lamented about it here before...we too miss being able to swim in a pool with a deep end... I also think that it had a kind of serenity..such a nice relxing way to spend an afternoon...dont think we'll be doing any swimming in February..LOL..but I do think that we need to think about some dining...I have a few ideas...how about you?? Its always about the food!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a terrific Thursday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
ahcupcake - sorry you've been under the weather! Hope you are feeling much better.

I hope you can convince your family to give YC a shot, the split stay idea might just work! We recently did a split YC/GF stay, best of both worlds and YC CL is wonderful, the CMs treat you very well.

We like the rooms in BC but the public spaces of YC.~sigh~

About the buses - it seems the season dictates whether all 5 Epcot resorts are on the bus route. We have had all 5 in the past but lately we have had only Y&BC for MK - can't remember for sure about AK but I know it wasn't all 5.

As Maxie86 said, ESPN Club is so close and the prices are good (for WDW!).

Welcome back, Stephanie! Good to hear from you.

I get what you are saying, we took a year off from WDW after a disappointing trip - went to Europe instead. It made it all the sweeter when we returned, I hope you have an awesome trip. How could you not in RPC?!

Thanks, beth! I'll put that on the first page. When we were there in April, I saw the placards and set up for the activities at the courtyard pool and wondered why they were still there - the beach pool was open at that point.

You are welcome! I understand about not wanting to miss anything. Planning a WDW trip is like a job sometimes.

Yes, I absolutely have! Wondered where you had got to, not posting when I post.

Thanks for the update, I'll be looking forward to hearing all the details in a few weeks. I'll bet you can't wait!

I think most of us here are forlorn about the changes to the courtyard pool. I miss the deep end and the serenity, too. We do swim a lot when we are on vacation, now there is no "swimming" at the GF! Wading, more like.

When we are at USO, we play a game of "point Disney" vs. "point Universal"! LOL! The pool depth HAD been a "point Disney" as the Loews pools are more wading than swimming. We still have SAB's lazy river - for now.

"Always about the food" - I can relate!
Thanks you guys! I'm thrilled to be staying again in RPC! When making plans, DH said he already knew where we were staying, claiming he know me well! Well, he does, but I know that's his way of getting to stay there too, but I let him think he's outsmarting me! Silly man, I KNOW him too!

There is so much that has changed, so I'm trying to figure it all out. So far, so good. Very happy with the way the villas have turned out as well. Pics look great!

After my time away, I feel like a newbie planning my first trip! well, maybe not my first, but I've got all the excitement of newbie!

Thanks everyone for all your posts in this thread, I've caught up on a bunch of the changes because of you all!

Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #812
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I have a D&B but very heavy and not practical although I absolutely love the phone case

I think I will get a dis vera bag but I found a place online that shows a new pattern for December. It has navy, lt blue, lime green, and teal colors with Mickey icons. I think I will prefer those colors for with jeans BUT I will need one for November trip so I'll just have to have 2
I'm surprised they're already coming out with another pattern when they just debuted! Those colors do sound nice, but I'll be there in Nov., so I guess I will have to either buy what's there or wait and see if I like the Dec. pattern well enough to order it sight-unseen.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #813
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you can convince your family to give YC a shot, the split stay idea might just work! We recently did a split YC/GF stay, best of both worlds and YC CL is wonderful, the CMs treat you very well.
Thanks.....I'm going to keep working on them . I agree.....a YC/GF split is the best of both worlds .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
I've never gotten the Disney D&B, but may get one of the Veras.
I have a few Disney Dooneys and I love them, but I think I will also check out the Vera's .

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatater View Post
Thank you both! It's really great to be back!
You're welcome.....glad you're back .

Hi to everyone else....hope everyone is having a good night .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #814
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
IThanks, I didn't know the resorts have t-or-t! Cool.

ETA: thanks for the link, I'm sure anyone going for H'ween will appreciate it. Oh, and I notice you live in our favorite place in FL!!
Destin area use to be our favorite vacation spot also, which led us to move to the area

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Old 10-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #815
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello, Blue... I'm really excited to see what you think about the new VGF! And I hope you get to see a room in the villas~
Not long til you need to pull out that suitcase!

I'm going to be interested in checking out the new Vera Disney bags. I've never gotten the Disney D&B, but may get one of the Veras.

ahcupcake, hope you're done with that nasty sinus infection! No trips in your future yet?
Suitcase is out!! I will be on the look out for the new VB's.. as I said I think that DD might "need" one for Christmas!

I happen to like the original D&B pattern and I have the backpack which is nylon..so its its pretty light weight...and has room for all that I need with me to tote around the parks! Gotta have my "stuff" ..rain ponchos..sun screen.. and other just in case stuff! LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
I do know that the Mods and Deluxes (not sure about values) have special halloween activities that includes some trick-or-treating and one or two characters in halloween costume for pictures and autographs. I was just trying to see what type of other halloween activities that GF had.
Thanks for that info...in all of our trip to Disney at this time of year I never knew that there were resort happenings just for Halloween day! Its always great to learn something new!

k&a&c'smom I agree about Disney shopping being a challange when you are flying..especially now a days..when there are so many limits on what you can take along without paying lots of extra $$...

but..I have found a pretty reasonably priced solution... Yes I do...LOL...

the buisness cneter at the GF will ship your purchases home...packed up very nicely..bubble wrap and all...and doesnt charge an arm and a leg either...

mommatater Happy planning...There are so many nice ways to celebrate a birthday at WDW..and especially at the GF...and RPC to boot!!

MickeyNut ahcupcake mommygina and all the rest of my fellow GF fans!

Have a super Saturday!

Old 10-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #816
Belle72
Mouseketeer

We just returned from a week at the Grand Floridian. We had a lagoon view room which gave us an obstructed view of the MK. We still were able to enjoy the fireworks and the view of the castle/space mountain and loved our room. We thought GF was very open and airy. The grounds were beautiful. The service was amazing! We loved the shops, too! It may be our new favorite! Our kids thought the character bf at Park Fare was so much fun. The characters were very engaging.

I had been unsure of booking GF after we stayed at the Boardwalk last spring and posted a question on this board asking how the resorts compared. Boardwalk Inn was very nice but not our favorite. I was worried that GF would have a similar feel to Boardwalk. They were very, very different from each other aside from similar décor----and we loved our stay at the GF and will stay again! I would like to thank all who responded to my questions. I know it is difficult to try to answer as to whether or not someone will like a particular hotel but many of you took the time to answer my concerns.

The resort monorail was down for some of our trip between 11a and 6p which proved to be inconvenient for dining options and getting back from Epcot. The courtyard pool was down for a few days too. The beach pool was very nice and not very crowded most of the time, and my little guy loved the water feature/ splash play area.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #817
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Yay, for getting the suitcase out, Blue!! If I was where you are in my countdown, mine would have been out for days!!

Old 10-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #818
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thanks.....I'm going to keep working on them . I agree.....a YC/GF split is the best of both worlds .

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
Destin area use to be our favorite vacation spot also, which led us to move to the area
Lucky you! We love the whole Panhandle area, we've stayed at Pensacola, Destin, Seaside, Watercolor, Seagrove Beach, Panama City Beach...gorgeous. My kids have grown up with those sugar white beaches and emerald waters, so when we visited CA, they were confused by the yellow sand.

Quote:
Suitcase is out!! I will be on the look out for the new VB's.. as I said I think that DD might "need" one for Christmas!

I happen to like the original D&B pattern and I have the backpack which is nylon..so its its pretty light weight...and has room for all that I need with me to tote around the parks! Gotta have my "stuff" ..rain ponchos..sun screen.. and other just in case stuff! LOL...

k&a&c'smom I agree about Disney shopping being a challange when you are flying..especially now a days..when there are so many limits on what you can take along without paying lots of extra $$...

but..I have found a pretty reasonably priced solution... Yes I do...LOL...

the buisness cneter at the GF will ship your purchases home...packed up very nicely..bubble wrap and all...and doesnt charge an arm and a leg either...

Suitcase out, yay! So close!

Thanks for the tip on the shipping, I hadn't thought of the business center - don't know why?! I'll try to keep that in mind, next time we want to purchase something that doesn't pack well.

I like the D&B patterns, but haven't bought any for myself. Got a wristlet for DD, so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post
We just returned from a week at the Grand Floridian. We had a lagoon view room which gave us an obstructed view of the MK. We still were able to enjoy the fireworks and the view of the castle/space mountain and loved our room. We thought GF was very open and airy. The grounds were beautiful. The service was amazing! We loved the shops, too! It may be our new favorite! Our kids thought the character bf at Park Fare was so much fun. The characters were very engaging.

I had been unsure of booking GF after we stayed at the Boardwalk last spring and posted a question on this board asking how the resorts compared. Boardwalk Inn was very nice but not our favorite. I was worried that GF would have a similar feel to Boardwalk. They were very, very different from each other aside from similar décor----and we loved our stay at the GF and will stay again! I would like to thank all who responded to my questions. I know it is difficult to try to answer as to whether or not someone will like a particular hotel but many of you took the time to answer my concerns.

The resort monorail was down for some of our trip between 11a and 6p which proved to be inconvenient for dining options and getting back from Epcot. The courtyard pool was down for a few days too. The beach pool was very nice and not very crowded most of the time, and my little guy loved the water feature/ splash play area.
Welcome back, glad you had a magical trip! Nothing like the Grand.

Sorry about the monorail issues and the courtyard pool, when I read about those things I felt for anyone there last week. Hopefully it didn't impact your visit too much, but how annoying.

Which building were you in? Sounds like you got a great view!

Quote:
Yay, for getting the suitcase out, Blue!! If I was where you are in my countdown, mine would have been out for days!!
LOL - I looked at the countdown after reading this, and she is way ahead of where I would be. I'm a notorious last minute packer.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 10-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #819
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Happy weekend all.

Just had to comment on my upcoming GF trip. I received my MB's

Then the next day I got an "invitation" in the mail to customize (I already have) and do my FP+s.

Then 3 days later, today I received an email "invitation"

So. If you have a reservation in November or December check daily for FP+ and MB's. I have a res for 1/1/14 and am keeping an eye out for that too.

Not sure why disney so behind with notification
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
Old 10-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #820
DrDoodle
Earning My Ears

Just back from 8 nights at GF. Had a great time, magic bands and FP+ worked great for us. I I Lu wish the movie each night was in a better spot. It's impossible to watch the movie and still catch the water pageant and fireworks. Otherwise we had a really liked the grand, not sure if we would choose it over the poly though for our next trip. I guess that depends in construction at the poly. Maybe it's time we think about contemporary.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #821
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran

I love hearing how yall love the GF! We're going in 8 days!

Can we hear an update on the monorail issue relating to the GF? Is it still going to be fully down going to GF between 11 and 6?
Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #822
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Suitcase is out!!
Happy packing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post

Welcome back......glad you had a great time and enjoyed the GF .

Quote:
If I was where you are in my countdown, mine would have been out for days!!
You aren't too far behind.....you will be checking into the Grand before you know it .

Quote:
LOL - I looked at the countdown after reading this, and she is way ahead of where I would be. I'm a notorious last minute packer.
I usually get the suitcases out about 2 weeks prior to our trips and while I usually do pretty good with early packing, I always find myself doing more last minute packing than I'd like to .

Quote:
Yay for getting your MBs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoodle View Post
Just back from 8 nights at GF. Had a great time, magic bands and FP+ worked great for us. I I Lu wish the movie each night was in a better spot. It's impossible to watch the movie and still catch the water pageant and fireworks. Otherwise we had a really liked the grand, not sure if we would choose it over the poly though for our next trip. I guess that depends in construction at the poly. Maybe it's time we think about contemporary.
Glad you had a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
We're going in 8 days!
Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #823
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Good evening Grands!! We are in Alabama this weekend for some Auburn football and motorcycle racing.

Does anyone know when they are planning to stop the monorail shutdowns? We will be at the WL in 20 days and have tea planned on our first day at GF

Thanks!!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #824
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy weekend all.

Then the next day I got an "invitation" in the mail to customize (I already have) and do my FP+s.

Then 3 days later, today I received an email "invitation"

So. If you have a reservation in November or December check daily for FP+ and MB's. I have a res for 1/1/14 and am keeping an eye out for that too.

Not sure why disney so behind with notification
The whole thing was pretty seamless for us..

I received the invitation before I even looked at the info on My Disney Experience. (actually, to a veteran Disney planner, I find it quite fun! ). When I decided to participate, it was just a matter of a week or a little less from customizing to receiving the MBs. Now we'll see just how efficient all this makes our park time...

Leaving three weeks from today..

Old 10-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #825
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The whole thing was pretty seamless for us..

I received the invitation before I even looked at the info on My Disney Experience. (actually, to a veteran Disney planner, I find it quite fun! ). When I decided to participate, it was just a matter of a week or a little less from customizing to receiving the MBs. Now we'll see just how efficient all this makes our park time...

Leaving three weeks from today..
Just a few days behind ya! Gonna start packing today.
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: