Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #931
Sydneykatesmama
Earning My Ears

Trying to decide between POR and POFQ. Which one would be most desirable with a 4 yo ? We are taking our own vehicle, so we may end up driving to the parks vs riding the bus.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #932
Li Li
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
It's not up to us to classify rooms but here's how Disney classifies that building (the map, at least, is mine though!): So yes, mostly Garden View with a few Standard and King rooms. Andre
Thanks! That helps.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #933
ALD85
DIS Veteran

7 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't wait! This will be my DS 5 and DH first time in WDW! I can't wait to take them to the resort I grew up going to! My DH thinks I have too high expectations since I haven't been there since I was a teen (I'm 27) and that I'm going to be disappointed but I've always said he was wrong and reading along to this thread and DISboards in General has helped keep the spirit alive these AGONIZING 8 months since I've planned this long over due trip!!

banana
Old 10-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #934
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
7 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't wait! This will be my DS 5 and DH first time in WDW! I can't wait to take them to the resort I grew up going to! My DH thinks I have too high expectations since I haven't been there since I was a teen (I'm 27) and that I'm going to be disappointed but I've always said he was wrong and reading along to this thread and DISboards in General has helped keep the spirit alive these AGONIZING 8 months since I've planned this long over due trip!!

banana
Have a magical vacation
Old 10-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #935
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelly View Post
We have reservations for the horse and carriage ride at POR and seeing a previous post made me think about tipping. Do you tip the horse carriage driver? I would think so, but how much? I think the ride is $45. So would $10 be ok for a tip?
We tipped her 5 dollars I think
Old 10-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #936
Katelly
Mouseketeer

I have a question regarding resort specific merchandise. It used to be that each resort had tees, hoodies, magnets, pins, mugs and other items specific to that resort.

Recently I read that the resorts no longer carry any clothing with the resort logo on it. What about other items? Will I be able to purchase POR magnets and pins at Fultons? Is there anything else at the gift shop that is POR specific?

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Old 10-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #937
carmelhp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelly View Post
I have a question regarding resort specific merchandise. It used to be that each resort had tees, hoodies, magnets, pins, mugs and other items specific to that resort.

Recently I read that the resorts no longer carry any clothing with the resort logo on it. What about other items? Will I be able to purchase POR magnets and pins at Fultons? Is there anything else at the gift shop that is POR specific?
I didn't look for magnets, but I did buy a POR pin for my little pin trader.I think there were also keychains so there may be magnets.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #938
Li Li
Mouseketeer

I'll look at fulton's again, but in a weird answer to your question, AoA has a fair amount of resort specific merchandise, such as shirts, etc.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #939
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

They seem to have brought back resort specific merchandise for the deluxes, Saratoga, and OKW. They haven brought back much, if anything, for mods and values.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #940
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
At the airport waiting to board our plane to Orlando! YAY! ONLY 7 MORE HOURS UNTIL WE ARE AT RIVERSIDE!!! THANKS to all for the informative posts about everything from MNSSHP to room requests to laundry to walking paths to snakes!
Sydnerella's Mama
Excited for you! Also at airport, but to go home....and there is a 4hour flight delay due to plane trouble, so we'll get home about 3 am instead of 11pm...big bummer, but thankful plane issues didn't happen while we were on the plane.
Have a super fun trip!!,
Old 10-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #941
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
So how is the weather down in FL?! I check accuweather about 10 times a day (yep im pretty excited) but id love some first hand insight! Is it rainy/cloudy/hot/humid? Anyone?
At airport leaving now. Weather was perfect. Hotter and more humid than I anticipated, but bright and sunny. Few rain spitters, but didn't last long at all. Rained one day when we went in to dinner, but was over by the time we came out. Great swimming weather.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #942
ganandem
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
It's not up to us to classify rooms but here's how Disney classifies that building (the map, at least, is mine though!):

So yes, mostly Garden View with a few Standard and King rooms.

Andre
Any chance you could show me a map like this for the royal rooms. We are in a garden view. I am thinking of requesting Oak Manor near the bridge. Thanks
Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #943
Katelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp View Post
I didn't look for magnets, but I did buy a POR pin for my little pin trader.I think there were also keychains so there may be magnets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Li View Post
I'll look at fulton's again, but in a weird answer to your question, AoA has a fair amount of resort specific merchandise, such as shirts, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
They seem to have brought back resort specific merchandise for the deluxes, Saratoga, and OKW. They haven brought back much, if anything, for mods and values.
Thank you all. Ok, well at least I know I can buy a POR pin! Wish they would bring back resort specific merchandise to all the resorts.

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Old 10-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #944
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganandem View Post
Any chance you could show me a map like this for the royal rooms. We are in a garden view. I am thinking of requesting Oak Manor near the bridge. Thanks
Check http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php. Just click on the buildings to see similar maps.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #945
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganandem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Check http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php. Just click on the buildings to see similar maps.
Don't forget also in my signature is a room request fax that is up to the guest's decision to send it in or not. But it can't hurt to try if you see a certain area you may like.

Just my advice to help...
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: