Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #25
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDisneyBoy View Post
That's an awesome idea. If you have more please feel free to share them.
You might also consider surprising them right before getting to AKL. Pass up the CBR exit, and of course someone (probably the wife!) will say "oh you missed the turn!" You can then say, "no I didn't". Then while you're heading to the AKL exit, you can tell them that you have a surprise for them, and you're not staying at CBR - they'll ask where you're staying and you can just tell them "you'll see." Or you can ask them if they trust you to get them where you're going, and just keep driving.

I believe that exit for AKL only has AK and AKL on it, so once you get off at that exit the chances are that they'll know where they're going and the excitement can start! If the exit does have another resort listed (I don't remember that being the case when I was at AKL, but I could be wrong), they'll still have to guess - but you pass the AK entrance to get to the AKL entrance so it will be pretty obvious!

You could not say anything, pull up to AKL, and when the guard asks why you're there, you just say "checking in". There's a surprise!

You could also consider getting an ADR for one of the AKL restaurants for your arrival day, and then tell them that you're running late and need to go straight there. If the time seems inconvenient, you could say that it was the only ADR they had and you really wanted to try zebra domes. Then you could tell them when you got to AKL ("Grab your bags, we're checking in instead!"), or during lunch/dinner ("What do you guys say we just stay here?"), or after eating ("I've decided we're not leaving!"), or you could suggest going out to look at the animals (before or after eating) and check in then and surprise them apart from the meal.

You could even get up to use the bathroom, go check in, and then simply come back and lay the room keys on the table without saying a word. They'll pick them up and see their names on them.

You could tell them you have a surprise for them but you have to "stop by AKL to get it". The surprise could be the room keys.

You could always tell the wife if she can keep a secret, and she can be in on it with you. She could suggest going to AKL first and you could agree and head that direction, or she could say she wants some zebra domes and you could agree to stop there first.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: