Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
LoveMickeyM
Earning My Ears

Old Key West

Hello,

We are a family of 4. We have been to DisneyWorld 9 times in a row and are going to keep going every year. We are Big Disneyworld fans. We have stayed at Caribbean Beach 2 times and the other 7 times at Port Orleans Riverside. The only reason we stayed at Port Orleans 7 times is because we love it so much. Next summer in May we would like to stay at Old Key West. We went and ate at Olivia's this past summer and just love the resort so much. We were thinking of staying in a Deluxe Studio. Has anybody stayed in a Deluxe Studio? Did you like it? I also looked up about staying in the 1- bedroom villa just to give us more room. What did you think of the 1 bedroom villa? Does it have one bathroom or two?

Can't wait to go back!! Thanks for your help in advance!!
LoveMickeyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyM View Post
Has anybody stayed in a Deluxe Studio? Did you like it? I also looked up about staying in the 1- bedroom villa just to give us more room. What did you think of the 1 bedroom villa? Does it have one bathroom or two?
the 1BRs at OKW have 1 bathroom. (AKV-kidani and BLT 1BRs have 2 bathrooms but all others just have 1.)

i like the OKW studios - 2 queen beds - refurbished a couple of years ago.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2720001

if you can swing the 1BR, it'd be nice to have over 900 sq ft of room (plus full kitchen and washer/dryer), but the studios are a good choice for a quiet break from the parks.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
amym2
DIS Veteran

Our family of 4 stayed in a 1bdrm at OKW last year and we loved it! It is enormous, and we liked having the sofabed and sleeper chair for the kids. There's only one bathroom and it's split into two parts- tub and sink in one part and shower, sink, and toilet in the other.

We have friends who stay in a deluxe studio at OKW every year and love it.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

DW & I are at OKW now; staying in a studio for the FWF. When our DDs were younger (10 & under) we stayed at a studio with no problem. Now that the girls are older we stay at a 1 bedroom.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Fivesacharm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyM View Post
Hello,

We are a family of 4. We have been to DisneyWorld 9 times in a row and are going to keep going every year. We are Big Disneyworld fans. We have stayed at Caribbean Beach 2 times and the other 7 times at Port Orleans Riverside. The only reason we stayed at Port Orleans 7 times is because we love it so much. Next summer in May we would like to stay at Old Key West. We went and ate at Olivia's this past summer and just love the resort so much. We were thinking of staying in a Deluxe Studio. Has anybody stayed in a Deluxe Studio? Did you like it? I also looked up about staying in the 1- bedroom villa just to give us more room. What did you think of the 1 bedroom villa? Does it have one bathroom or two?

Can't wait to go back!! Thanks for your help in advance!!
We love OKW. The rooms are the biggest of all the DVC resorts. The Studios are nice, but we definitely prefer the 1BR...the extra space is worth the $$$

Fivesacharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a 2 bedroom this summer and then moved the SSR. I have to say we weren't overly sold on OKW I found it a bit old and tired. We much preferred SSR which felt like the same kind of resort just newer and fresher.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: