Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #3256
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hugs to all of you special needs moms. I don't know how you do it day in and day out and still manage to have your stuff so together. Truth is, I'm never on here anymore because I feel like I'm drowning every day with everything that comes along with DS's dx. I can't even bring myself to talk about it much. It just feels too weird.

I'm very nervous about the DAS myself. Our first GAC experience was in August and with it we still only did our usual 2-3 hours of park time at a time, but the difference in quantity and severity of meltdowns was night and day. I had such a happy little boy that trip. I guess I'm selfish, but I want that again.

Now I'm reading that people have started having trouble pulling FP- when they are using FP+ with APs and I am so overwhelmed.

I guess you'll probably find me sipping a pint in the UK while DS runs the hedge maze for the umpteenth time. I've done it before, I guess I can do it again.

Happy Friday ladies.
I Heart,
My goodness you have a lot on your plate. Big hugs to you! Post when you can, no worries.
I am hoping that Disney will be watching how the first days and months go, and adjust things as needed. The DISabilities thread is a great resource, and
maybe you'll find some helpful tips there. I think people are gradually posting experiences, advice.
It does seem like WDW is rolling out an awful lot of things at once, and that makes it extra hard to figure out how things work. And in the case of Disney IT, sometimes you have to understand the problem (and occasionally patiently explain the solution to a CM ) to try to obtain a fix. Wacky, if you ask me!

Please know your RC buddies are here for you! Also, feel free to PM anytime.
Take care,
gwynne
Old 10-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #3257
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hugs to all of you special needs moms. I don't know how you do it day in and day out and still manage to have your stuff so together. Truth is, I'm never on here anymore because I feel like I'm drowning every day with everything that comes along with DS's dx. I can't even bring myself to talk about it much. It just feels too weird.

I'm very nervous about the DAS myself. Our first GAC experience was in August and with it we still only did our usual 2-3 hours of park time at a time, but the difference in quantity and severity of meltdowns was night and day. I had such a happy little boy that trip. I guess I'm selfish, but I want that again.

Now I'm reading that people have started having trouble pulling FP- when they are using FP+ with APs and I am so overwhelmed.

I guess you'll probably find me sipping a pint in the UK while DS runs the hedge maze for the umpteenth time. I've done it before, I guess I can do it again.

Happy Friday ladies.
Hugs to you too, if only Disney knew how many families really relied upon and made proper use of the GAC. You are not at all selfish for wanting a less stressful park experience for yourselves and your DS. I am so sorry you are not in a good place about everything.

Also wondering how the whole AP FP- thing will work too.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #3258
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Miss-About the Bellvue Lounge. If you walk on the sidewalk next to Flying Fish, continue walking past all the restaurant windows toward the BWI, you run into a side door into BWI. Take the stairs up to the top, and look left, and you'll see the Bellevue Lounge.
I often see families there, especially early in the evening. It has a kind of comfortable 40's living room feel, pretty and welcoming. The kids seem to enjoy the sodas and shirley temples. There are usually some board games on the shelves. Sometimes they play old 40's radio shows, kinda interesting, not too loud. Maybe MissM will enjoy stepping back into the 'olden days.
There is also a porch just outside, we sometimes enjoy spending time there.
Enjoy!

ETA-I am really looking forward to hearing what you and Jen have to say about your stays! I hope you guys have a wonderful time!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #3259
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Thanks Ginny and Jen
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #3260
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I_Heart: Big hugs to you, momma. We're all here for you if you need a place to "let it out". I'll PM you my number, and if you feel like it, shoot me a text. We could always do a quick "hi and hug" if you guys are up for it and still going to be in MK on the 27th. No pressure either way.

(Oh, that's one of our favorite things to do: having a pint "in the back" where the hedge maze is... )

Ginny: Oh, it sounds cozy. Looking forward to checking it out.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #3261
babyberger
DIS Veteran

i_heart - as always I am here for you!!! If you don't still have my contact info let me know. HUGS!!!!

We are back at the ped for round 2. She has an ear infection and in true Sarah form can't get down the antibiotics. We went through this when she was younger and I had hoped she outgrew it. Nope, still a puking machine when it comes to antibiotics. So we are here to start a 3 day course of injections

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #3262
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
i_heart - as always I am here for you!!! If you don't still have my contact info let me know. HUGS!!!!

We are back at the ped for round 2. She has an ear infection and in true Sarah form can't get down the antibiotics. We went through this when she was younger and I had hoped she outgrew it. Nope, still a puking machine when it comes to antibiotics. So we are here to start a 3 day course of injections

Injections? Oh man poor little thing.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #3263
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Injections? Oh man poor little thing.
2 a day, one each leg, for 3 days she is allergic to the cillins so that takes out a lot of options. Unfortunately this isn't tbe first time we have had to go through this. They are really painful so obviously not the route we prefer to go.

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #3264
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Happy Friday, ladies.
We like doing a bit of this, Lacey: When's that next trip??
I have a feeling this will still be the case for us. Just love the BC. Although I'm really looking forward to our BWI stay. Gotta check out all the options, of course.
Thanks, Lacey. Been thinking about booking something already?! Let me get out the cauldron again...
Cheers for the review! That's what keeps taking us back to the Epcot area... we just love that area so much. As much as we were blown away by AKL (and would stay there again in a heartbeat), we appreciate the ability to walk to two parks. Nice to hear that you'd rate the pool that highly.
My oldest has a four day weekend in February so I am thinking that will be the next trip. I would love to pop in for F&G as well. Quite frankly, I'd love to go back for more F&W but not sure I can justify it!!! Then we will be down in July for 2 weeks.

Quote:

Happy Friday ladies.
Big hugs I heart!!! I hope you find a way to enjoy it!

Now - what is this hedge maze? In all my trips to WS, apparently I have missed it. Oh wait, is that because you are actually supposed to go INSIDE the countries? Not just eat and drink around the edges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Lacey, sorry I missed the send off... Happy you guys had a great time at BWI...and for APs!!

Hi to all I've missed.... running out now to meet up with DS Paul (he's up from Florida). Having a late lunch .... Be back later
Thanks Janet! Is it normal to feel bad as each day ticks off that I don't use it? LOL. This AP could end up costing me a ton!!!!

Do you AP holders use TiW?

Quote:

Poor baby! I hope those shots work quickly. Does she freak out about the needles?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #3265
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Lacey - have the TiW and LOVE it! You know it covers alcohol, right we got out last September and it is good through the end if this month, so we got great use out of it!

As for Sarah, yes hates needles. This was not a fun afternoon. She is sound asleep on the couch right now, it's just been a long tough day for her. I feel bad leaving her tonight but we have plans for DH's bday with our cousins. We are just a phone call away and I am sure we won't be out too late.

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #3266
pas130
DIS Veteran

Stopping in from the ambulance to give out a HUGE to all my RC family...but an extra special needs moomy hug to iheart, Melissa, and sis

HRH went for her neurodevelopmental visit this afternoon...and OH boy

Here's a special for Sarah for being so brave (Miss Jeanette HATES needle too sweetie)

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #3267
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I know that this is super dorky, but DH and I are so excited! We just bought some Disney stock!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #3268
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I_Heart: Big hugs to you, momma. We're all here for you if you need a place to "let it out". I'll PM you my number, and if you feel like it, shoot me a text. We could always do a quick "hi and hug" if you guys are up for it and still going to be in MK on the 27th. No pressure either way.

(Oh, that's one of our favorite things to do: having a pint "in the back" where the hedge maze is... )

Ginny: Oh, it sounds cozy. Looking forward to checking it out.
Got your pm Thanks. Not sure at this point if we will be doing MK that morning anymore. If we do, I definitely want to meet up.

Quote:

I know you're here for me Melissa. I appreciate that more then words can say. I'm so sorry to hear about Sarah. I'm allergic to penicillin too and always puked my EES as a kid. I literally gagged just now thinking about it. Poor girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
My oldest has a four day weekend in February so I am thinking that will be the next trip. I would love to pop in for F&G as well. Quite frankly, I'd love to go back for more F&W but not sure I can justify it!!! Then we will be down in July for 2 weeks.

Big hugs I heart!!! I hope you find a way to enjoy it!

Now - what is this hedge maze? In all my trips to WS, apparently I have missed it. Oh wait, is that because you are actually supposed to go INSIDE the countries? Not just eat and drink around the edges?

Thanks Janet! Is it normal to feel bad as each day ticks off that I don't use it? LOL. This AP could end up costing me a ton!!!!

Do you AP holders use TiW?

Poor baby! I hope those shots work quickly. Does she freak out about the needles?
Thanks lacey The hedge maze is back around the gazebo where the bands play in the UK. It's just a cute little English hedge garden where kids can burn off steam if need be (if no band is playing!)

We used to use TIW and loved it. We stopped because DS can't really do restaurants anymore so no TS for us. It's totally worth it if you do TS though!

Quote:
Lacey - have the TiW and LOVE it! You know it covers alcohol, right we got out last September and it is good through the end if this month, so we got great use out of it!

As for Sarah, yes hates needles. This was not a fun afternoon. She is sound asleep on the couch right now, it's just been a long tough day for her. I feel bad leaving her tonight but we have plans for DH's bday with our cousins. We are just a phone call away and I am sure we won't be out too late.

More hugs for Sarah. Hope you can enjoy yourself tonight and she can rest easy. We did our flu shots yesterday. That was not pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Stopping in from the ambulance to give out a HUGE to all my RC family...but an extra special needs moomy hug to iheart, Melissa, and sis

HRH went for her neurodevelopmental visit this afternoon...and OH boy

Here's a special for Sarah for being so brave (Miss Jeanette HATES needle too sweetie)
for HRH and her wonderful momma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I know that this is super dorky, but DH and I are so excited! We just bought some Disney stock!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #3269
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Melissa, Dani, I Heart seriously, I think you should all write letters to WDW. Not email, but snail mail. I think they need to know exactly how this change in policy will affect your families.
It's a knee jerk reaction from that stupid tour agency renting out people with GACs :-( totally disgusting. Hopefully they will have another look at GAC implementation. I think receiving impact statements from families can't hurt, and maybe get them to look at it again.

Mousemommy yay!!

Pas

Long day, at work from 6:45, short staffed

It's our Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend, so Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian RCers
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #3270
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving Ca friends.

For the 3rd weekend in a row dh on a plane to fla to see his dad

I am so glad we canceled our anniversary trip in May and visited him instead.

Looks like they are taking him off the ventilator and he not strong enough to make it. He had open heart surgery in August but his COPD not cooperating. He is not aware of his surroundings anymore and down to 100 lbs(or less). My ds ran great today (XC) and was 1st for the Jv team. (He said for grampa).
My dh got to see that then headed for airport. It is just frustrating knowing he and mil there in fla with our family is all up here in NY.

I am usually packed by now for my upcoming trip but it is hard to feel happy knowing others in pain.

So my disney pen pals thanks for being there.

Ds has actually invited some kids over(first boy/girl get together) and I made brownies and have popcorn and drinks ready for scary movie night.

You know, do what we do best,(like you) be a great mom. That's something we can at least control.
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 19 16
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: