Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
kemmerlinj2
Earning My Ears

AKL or Beach/Yacht Club for Concierge level?

Hello. Going on an 8 day trip in May before a cruise. Already have a standard room-club level at Animal Kingdom Lodge but keep thinking about Beach or Yacht Club and staying club level. Any suggestions or thoughts?
kemmerlinj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

I stayed at BC CL in August. The lounge is very small and poorly arranged. While a couple of the staff members were friendly, some were downright rude. The lounge was supposed to close at 4:00, and at 3:50 they started turning off lights to try to hurry guests out the door. They also locked the doors before closing time and were late opening every morning of my four night stay.

I've stayed at YC CL multiple times and enjoyed it. The layout and size aren't much better than BC, but there is an extra door that makes traffic flow more smoothly.

I also stayed at BWI CL in August, and now that I've been there, that is the Epcot CL that I would choose over the other two. The lounge is larger and it had more variety in the food. The staff was so-so, except for Pete, who embodies all that a Disney cast member should be. I will accept so-so staff in exchange for a more comfortable lounge.
Kim1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: