Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #796
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
The activities and movies were at the courtyard pool during a lot of the DVC construction. We were there in April, before the walls were down at the Beach Pool, so it is possible they have been returned to the Beach Pool now that the beach construction is finished.

Hopefully, someone who has been recently can give us the answer! I assumed they planned to return the movies to the beach near the camp fire, but hadn't seen any posts about it.
As bethclayton said the movies were back on the beach during our last trip too..not sure about the activities..but I will gladly check that in a few weeks!!!

Have you been lonely without me posting at the same time the last few days!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatater View Post
Hi Everyone!!

It's been forever since I've been on the Dis, we took a break from Disney all together after being frustrated about our last trip. (It was way back when they changed the Monorail hrs and I was a bit upset). We did some other trips, like Alaska and just visiting family in different parts of the country. Enjoyed the break!
Anyhoo, here I am and we are going back to the GF RPC for my birthday in January! I'm SO excited, I love it so much!!! Now I need to get caught up on all the changes with MBs and FP+....hoping it's all available to us when we go. Although I'm not sure about making plans for rides so far in advance, we are not that big of planners except for a few ADRs.

Off to read more about what's happening here on the Dis, but wanted to stop in here first and say hello!
Welcome back! Nothing like a birthday celebration at the the GF .. Happy planning..ADR's FP+'s and all!

MickeyNut..Grannyminnie too!

ahc Sorry that you have been so under the weather...Glad that you are starting to feel better tho....

maxie I agree about the courtyard pool..and have lamented about it here before...we too miss being able to swim in a pool with a deep end... I also think that it had a kind of serenity..such a nice relxing way to spend an afternoon...dont think we'll be doing any swimming in February..LOL..but I do think that we need to think about some dining...I have a few ideas...how about you?? Its always about the food!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a terrific Thursday!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #797
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut
Hi Blue

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #798
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

ahcupcake - sorry you've been under the weather! Hope you are feeling much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Limited CS is really the only thing that keeps us from booking in the Epcot area again. We didn't have a good experience with the buses as they were shared among all 5 resorts, but that wouldn't be enough to keep us from staying in that area again....it's that darn CS . I wish Disney would have added a decent CS in at least one of the Epcot resorts instead of the limited Marketplace.

I agree about the YC being like the GF, I think that's why it appeals to me. It is also quieter and more laid back than the BC (IMO). I'm still working on my DSs, so hopefully one of these trips we'll be able to try another Epcot resort .

I've tried everything I can think of to get them to sway toward the YC, but they aren't having any of it. I will keep trying, though, because the Epcot area is nice and you can't beat walking to Epcot and DHS . Thinking maybe a split stay might be in order for a future trip so we can do Epcot/DHS with our YC (or BWI) stay and MK/AK with our MK resort.
I hope you can convince your family to give YC a shot, the split stay idea might just work! We recently did a split YC/GF stay, best of both worlds and YC CL is wonderful, the CMs treat you very well.

We like the rooms in BC but the public spaces of YC.~sigh~

About the buses - it seems the season dictates whether all 5 Epcot resorts are on the bus route. We have had all 5 in the past but lately we have had only Y&BC for MK - can't remember for sure about AK but I know it wasn't all 5.

As Maxie86 said, ESPN Club is so close and the prices are good (for WDW!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatater View Post
Hi Everyone!!

It's been forever since I've been on the Dis, we took a break from Disney all together after being frustrated about our last trip. (It was way back when they changed the Monorail hrs and I was a bit upset). We did some other trips, like Alaska and just visiting family in different parts of the country. Enjoyed the break!
Anyhoo, here I am and we are going back to the GF RPC for my birthday in January! I'm SO excited, I love it so much!!! Now I need to get caught up on all the changes with MBs and FP+....hoping it's all available to us when we go. Although I'm not sure about making plans for rides so far in advance, we are not that big of planners except for a few ADRs.

Off to read more about what's happening here on the Dis, but wanted to stop in here first and say hello!
Welcome back, Stephanie! Good to hear from you.

I get what you are saying, we took a year off from WDW after a disappointing trip - went to Europe instead. It made it all the sweeter when we returned, I hope you have an awesome trip. How could you not in RPC?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
in august, the movies were on the beach but the poolside activities for kids were still, unfortunately, at the courtyard pool. i have no idea why, as there was ample room at the feature pool.
Thanks, beth! I'll put that on the first page. When we were there in April, I saw the placards and set up for the activities at the courtyard pool and wondered why they were still there - the beach pool was open at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama36 View Post
Thanks and thanks for the photos I don't want to be rushing around but also don't want to feel like I'm leaving something out....I don't "slow down" very well, even on vacation
You are welcome! I understand about not wanting to miss anything. Planning a WDW trip is like a job sometimes.

Quote:
As bethclayton said the movies were back on the beach during our last trip too..not sure about the activities..but I will gladly check that in a few weeks!!!

Have you been lonely without me posting at the same time the last few days!!???
Yes, I absolutely have! Wondered where you had got to, not posting when I post.

Thanks for the update, I'll be looking forward to hearing all the details in a few weeks. I'll bet you can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
Sadly, the days of a quiet "quiet" pool are over. It is not a pool for adults any more. Most of the pool is under 3 feet deep, only a very very small area that is over 4 feet. It is more like a giant kids wading pool now. When we were there in May there was only three tables and they were by the pool bar. I never go in the water, DH did, but I loved to sit at a table and have a drink from the bar and sometimes eat lunch there. Since there were no tables there was also no shade.
Quote:
maxie I agree about the courtyard pool..and have lamented about it here before...we too miss being able to swim in a pool with a deep end... I also think that it had a kind of serenity..such a nice relxing way to spend an afternoon...dont think we'll be doing any swimming in February..LOL..but I do think that we need to think about some dining...I have a few ideas...how about you?? Its always about the food!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans had a terrific Thursday!
I think most of us here are forlorn about the changes to the courtyard pool. I miss the deep end and the serenity, too. We do swim a lot when we are on vacation, now there is no "swimming" at the GF! Wading, more like.

When we are at USO, we play a game of "point Disney" vs. "point Universal"! LOL! The pool depth HAD been a "point Disney" as the Loews pools are more wading than swimming. We still have SAB's lazy river - for now.

"Always about the food" - I can relate!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 10-11-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: added quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #799
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Does anyone know where I can find the GF's October Recreation and Activity listing?

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Old 10-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #800
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the GF's October Recreation and Activity listing?
Is there something specific you want to know about? The activities rarely change much, I can look at my April guide, or maybe someone here has their more recent activity list.

ETA: if you were looking for the movies list, build a better mousetrip has a listing for the GF and Poly (not sure how accurate it is, they still list the GF movies at the courtyard lawn) :

Sunday - Wreck-It Ralph
Monday - Halloweentown
Tuesday - Frankenweenie
Wednesday - Nightmare Before Christmas
Thursday - Brave (Oct. 31 - Hocus Pocus)
Friday - The Little Mermaid
Saturday - Peter Pan

Disney's Polynesian Resort Movie Schedule ~ 8:30PM

Sunday - Robin Hood
Monday - Nightmare Before Christmas
Tuesday - Halloweentown
Wednesday - Frankenweenie
Thursday - Tarzan (Oct. 31 - Hocus Pocus)
Friday - The Sword and the Stone
Saturday - The Little Mermaid
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 10-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #801
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Blue
Hey there! I see a split stay in your near future...

k&a&c'smom I really am so excited about this last minute trip! And do love MNSSHP.. My DD and I were there the very first year they had it..what nice memories...

I think posting within the same hour constitutes posting at the same time...LOL...

I have a small list of things that I want to be sure to take a look at...and share with my fellow GF fans..

Which pool the activities are currently located at...

Anything and everything about the new VGF!

And..very important..lol..because shopping is always important! If there has been any improvement in the merchandise available in M.Mouse Mercantile...This really perplexed me on the last trip...it was so empty ...in comparison to what they usually have to offer...

I will be on the look out for any new resort specific merchandise too... I did get a nice turquoise GF tee on our last trip...maybe there will even be some VGF merchandise....

T G I F!!! Hope that everyone is having a nice day!

Old 10-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #802
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Is there something specific you want to know about? The activities rarely change much, I can look at my April guide, or maybe someone here has their more recent activity list.

ETA: if you were looking for the movies list, build a better mousetrip has a listing for the GF and Poly (not sure how accurate it is, they still list the GF movies at the courtyard lawn) :
I found the movie list (same place), but I was looking for the activities on Halloween.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #803
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

k&a&c'smom I really am so excited about this last minute trip! And do love MNSSHP.. My DD and I were there the very first year they had it..what nice memories...

I think posting within the same hour constitutes posting at the same time...LOL...

I have a small list of things that I want to be sure to take a look at...and share with my fellow GF fans..

And..very important..lol..because shopping is always important! If there has been any improvement in the merchandise available in M.Mouse Mercantile...This really perplexed me on the last trip...it was so empty ...in comparison to what they usually have to offer...

I will be on the look out for any new resort specific merchandise too... I did get a nice turquoise GF tee on our last trip...maybe there will even be some VGF merchandise....

When I was in Sandy Cove in August they had more GF stuff than is shown in pic on 1st page of thread. I was going to buy dh something but a group of conventioneers were in the way. Of course now I can't remember what they had but I will get a pic next month.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 10-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #804
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Posting within an hour is pretty close, I agree.

We love MNSSHP, too, so much fun! We haven't managed to go in several years, they made the discounts tough to get during the week my DD had days off from college.

Your list sounds good, I'd love to know the answer to all. I remember the discussion about M. Mouse, hope they've restocked, so odd. More GF merch is always great!! We do not buy a lot of souvenirs - when we fly, I hate to try to find a spot in my luggage for more than tees or small, non-breakable items. We did purchase a beautiful AKL print one year for DD's b'day, as she celebrated while there. (drove instead of flew that trip) I wish I hadn't missed out on the GF pillows. Maybe they'll bring them back!!

Good Friday back to you, glad someone knows what day it is.

Quote:
I found the movie list (same place), but I was looking for the activities on Halloween.
Do the resorts have special Halloween activities? I didn't realize; I know when they have Christmas or NY's stuff, they keep it kind of quiet - they alert guests the night before, or so I've been told. We are rarely there on a holiday as we try to choose less busy weeks.

I hope someone can answer from past years, but if not, maybe someone there now or in the next week can answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
When I was in Sandy Cove in August they had more GF stuff than is shown in pic on 1st page of thread. I was going to buy dh something but a group of conventioneers were in the way. Of course now I can't remember what they had but I will get a pic next month.
Good to know! I'm (im)patiently waiting to hear all about the upcoming visits.

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 10-11-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo - d'oh!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #805
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hello, Blue... I'm really excited to see what you think about the new VGF! And I hope you get to see a room in the villas~
Not long til you need to pull out that suitcase!

I'm going to be interested in checking out the new Vera Disney bags. I've never gotten the Disney D&B, but may get one of the Veras.

ahcupcake, hope you're done with that nasty sinus infection! No trips in your future yet?

Old 10-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #806
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post

I'm going to be interested in checking out the new Vera Disney bags. I've never gotten the Disney D&B, but may get one of the Veras.
I have a D&B but very heavy and not practical although I absolutely love the phone case

I think I will get a dis vera bag but I found a place online that shows a new pattern for December. It has navy, lt blue, lime green, and teal colors with Mickey icons. I think I will prefer those colors for with jeans BUT I will need one for November trip so I'll just have to have 2

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 10-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #807
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do the resorts have special Halloween activities? I didn't realize; I know when they have Christmas or NY's stuff, they keep it kind of quiet - they alert guests the night before, or so I've been told. We are rarely there on a holiday as we try to choose less busy weeks.

I hope someone can answer from past years, but if not, maybe someone there now or in the next week can answer.
I do know that the Mods and Deluxes (not sure about values) have special halloween activities that includes some trick-or-treating and one or two characters in halloween costume for pictures and autographs. I was just trying to see what type of other halloween activities that GF had.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

Old 10-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #808
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Found it
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...ndCalendar.pdf

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

Old 10-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #809
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I didn't much care for the two patterns of VB so far, but I like the sound of the December print, trishadono!

Quote:
I do know that the Mods and Deluxes (not sure about values) have special halloween activities that includes some trick-or-treating and one or two characters in halloween costume for pictures and autographs. I was just trying to see what type of other halloween activities that GF had.
Thanks, I didn't know the resorts have t-or-t! Cool.

ETA: thanks for the link, I'm sure anyone going for H'ween will appreciate it. Oh, and I notice you live in our favorite place in FL!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #810
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
Just tell your DS's the ESPN Club is a short walk down the boardwalk, and Beaches and Cream is at the Beach Club. Both are favorites of ours.

None of the buildings are very far from anywhere. I may be in the minority but I would not want to be in Sago, it is the furthest from everything except Gaspies, and the back way to the bus stop. Plus that is where most of the convention people are because it is close to the convention center. I'm on vacation, I don't want to be mixed up with a bunch of people working. Boca Chica is close to both pools, the beach and main building, but with the fence around the pool you would have to walk around it or go through gates to cut through. I don't think noise is a problem anywhere at the GF.

Sadly, the days of a quiet "quiet" pool are over. It is not a pool for adults any more. Most of the pool is under 3 feet deep, only a very very small area that is over 4 feet. It is more like a giant kids wading pool now. When we were there in May there was only three tables and they were by the pool bar. I never go in the water, DH did, but I loved to sit at a table and have a drink from the bar and sometimes eat lunch there. Since there were no tables there was also no shade.

Welcome back.

Hi ahcupcake.
Quote:
We had a GV in Big Pine Key and I loved it as it's convenient to the courtyard pool (and not too far from the beach pool), the main building, and Gasparillas. I don't remember having any trouble with noise.

Limited CS is really the only thing that keeps us from booking in the Epcot area again. We didn't have a good experience with the buses as they were shared among all 5 resorts, but that wouldn't be enough to keep us from staying in that area again....it's that darn CS . I wish Disney would have added a decent CS in at least one of the Epcot resorts instead of the limited Marketplace.

I agree about the YC being like the GF, I think that's why it appeals to me. It is also quieter and more laid back than the BC (IMO). I'm still working on my DSs, so hopefully one of these trips we'll be able to try another Epcot resort .

I hope you have a magical trip......November is a great time to go .

Welcome back . Congrats on booking RPC for your birthday. The GF is great in itself, but RPC is amazing .

Hi ahcupcake . I hope you are feeling better soon.

I've tried everything I can think of to get them to sway toward the YC, but they aren't having any of it . I will keep trying, though, because the Epcot area is nice and you can't beat walking to Epcot and DHS . Thinking maybe a split stay might be in order for a future trip so we can do Epcot/DHS with our YC (or BWI) stay and MK/AK with our MK resort .
Thank you both! It's really great to be back!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: