Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #46
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Thanks for the great trip report. I'll be on the same cruise in about 2 weeks, so it's nice to see the latest pictures for this cruise. Thanks again for posting the navigators also.
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #47
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

LOVE your costumes... you totally could be in the Haunted Mansion dancing scene!!!!! Great job.
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #48
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap View Post
Love your costumes -- glad you won!

Hope it's possible to decrease that dining time some (wonder if I can have dessert first).

When you go to the evening Shows, do they check if you are at the "correct" time based on your dining time, or can you just wander into either one? Do they close the doors, or can one sneak in quietly after it starts and stand in the back?
You can always ask your servers to get you out of there more quickly - they will try their best. I bet they could bring you dessert first. For the evening shows, you can attend whichever you would like, but of course they overlap with the other dining schedule, and yes, you can go in and out of them. With so many children in the audience, there can be some traffic in and out (potty breaks etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
Thanks for the great trip report. I'll be on the same cruise in about 2 weeks, so it's nice to see the latest pictures for this cruise. Thanks again for posting the navigators also.
Thank you, and have a great cruise. I wish I still had it to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy'sGirl View Post
LOVE your costumes... you totally could be in the Haunted Mansion dancing scene!!!!! Great job.
Thank you, that was the goal, but it only works with Disney, nobody else knows what that is so we tend to just go for the "dead people".

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #49
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Awesome report! It's really getting me in the mood for my cruise on the 20th! Love your costumes.

Jill in CO
Old 10-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #50
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Hey Jenny

Wow, you're getting through this trip report quickly, and I'm loving it

How lovely to receive that cheeseboard, what a great gift Nice to see that you had a dry day in Key West this time I love going there, it's one of my favourite stops

I'm shocked to read about your Konk Kooler, that was out of order It must've been really bad for you to bin it. Other than that what a great day, we must hire bikes one day, I'd like to go to that outpost to take some photos

I loved your Hallowe'en outfits too, you both looked great, well done on winning your category

Great trip report !!!

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #51
1025cruise
Mouseketeer

Quick question for you. Since we are lucky enough to be in the same cabin as you were in, were there any electric outlets near the bed? I use a CPAP machine and need to know if I should lug an extension cord with me.
1025cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #52
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Awesome report! It's really getting me in the mood for my cruise on the 20th! Love your costumes.

Jill in CO
Thank you. Have a great cruise when you go in a weeks time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
Hey Jenny

Wow, you're getting through this trip report quickly, and I'm loving it

How lovely to receive that cheeseboard, what a great gift Nice to see that you had a dry day in Key West this time I love going there, it's one of my favourite stops

I'm shocked to read about your Konk Kooler, that was out of order It must've been really bad for you to bin it. Other than that what a great day, we must hire bikes one day, I'd like to go to that outpost to take some photos

I loved your Hallowe'en outfits too, you both looked great, well done on winning your category

Great trip report !!!
Hey Mandy I think I'm going for an all time best for getting it finished, although now there are just 2 at sea days left, and so I've lost a bit of momentum. I knew the Konk Cooler would get your attention throwing alcohol away is almost sacrilegious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1025cruise View Post
Quick question for you. Since we are lucky enough to be in the same cabin as you were in, were there any electric outlets near the bed? I use a CPAP machine and need to know if I should lug an extension cord with me.
I didn't see any by the bed, but there has to be one there as there is a clock plugged in. Exactly where it is located though, I'm not sure, but it can't be too far. Other than that there are outlets behind the TV, if you are on the left side of the bed (as you look at it) that can't be too far, but maybe far enough to require a short extension cord. Have a great cruise - we loved the room location.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
Old 10-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #53
1025cruise
Mouseketeer

Thanks.

We normally cruise on Princess, and the bed is right next to the desk that has outlets.
1025cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #54
dreamcat78
Earning My Ears

Hi- everyone has such great questions it really helps those of us cruising soon out as well Do you remember if the alarm clock was just a cheapy clock or if it was nicer with a radio or iPod docking station? Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #55
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Glad I found the TR! Using it to help keep the momentum going. We've got too many weeks left until we cruise out of Galveston, but this will help us not focus on how long it is.
dryvithome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #56
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcat78 View Post
Hi- everyone has such great questions it really helps those of us cruising soon out as well Do you remember if the alarm clock was just a cheapy clock or if it was nicer with a radio or iPod docking station? Thanks in advance!!
I know it has a docking station, and it dims the display to the point where you can't see it at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvithome View Post
Glad I found the TR! Using it to help keep the momentum going. We've got too many weeks left until we cruise out of Galveston, but this will help us not focus on how long it is.
I love trip reports, so I am just glad to pass along the pixie dust. Have a great cruise.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #57
acamarogirl
Earning My Ears

Completely off subject, but since i Live off FM1488...where did you get your toes done? Id love to take my girls to get matching pedicures before our cruise!
acamarogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #58
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamarogirl View Post
Completely off subject, but since i Live off FM1488...where did you get your toes done? Id love to take my girls to get matching pedicures before our cruise!
Hi neighbor! LOL. I got mine done close to where I work but I would think most places can do them. I just took a couple of pictures off the internet and had them make a combo of two designs I liked. If you google Mickey Mouse nail designs you should find some good ideas.

Jenny & Scott
Old 10-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #59
1stdisneycruiser
Earning My Ears

I am loving this report! We sail the Wonder on Dec. 7th
1stdisneycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #60
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stdisneycruiser View Post
I am loving this report! We sail the Wonder on Dec. 7th
Thanks for following along.

I will try and get the last two days (at sea) done and disembarkation. Although, you may already be able to tell by now that we hardly set the seas on fire with our schedule on those days.

Jenny & Scott

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: