|10-11-2013, 01:28 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2013
Potential ownership thoughts, comments, questions
Advance apologies for the long post... here goes!
We're currently on vacation and I'm actually posting this from our studio at AKV-Jambo while on an afternoon break between a morning of DHS and a fun night of Not-So-Scary Halloween partying ahead. Unfortunately the fun ends soon as tonight is our last night.
Anyway, we're staying here on rented points and are considering buying in to the DVC. I've researched this for awhile and we also did the tour earlier in the week (mainly because we were already in DTD, it started raining, and we happened to be near the DVC booth!)
1) Two adults, no kids
2) Most likely to travel during October, followed by late May/early June, followed by Christmas.
3) Thinking of a contract 100 points or less to get started. Preferably in the 50-75 range if we can find one.
4) Not interested in credit. Cash purchase.
So, as part of our trip we explored many of the resorts. Like I said we're staying at AKV and, while I really enjoy the resort itself, I think we will likely pass on ownership here as the long bus rides are not favorable. That's not an absolute deal breaker but definitely not a positive.
Here is what we decided in terms of ranking the available resorts after visiting...
1) Beach Club / BWV (with preference towards Beach Club)
2) Poly (eventually)
3) AKV / BLT / VGF
4) SSR / OKW (could become #2 if we decide cost/point more important than 11 month booking)
Full disclosure, we did not visit VWL so cannot comment on those. We really liked the VGF rooms but after walking through the place we realized it's just not our kind of place. I won't get into the why of that statement for risk of offending people. BC/BWV are perfect for us considering we really enjoy Epcot and F&W.
First, and possibly most important, does this even make sense if we would only visit once every two to three years? I think we would likely alternate between the two (once per two / once per three) for awhile but would eventually start to come more frequently as we get older.
Second, I like to plan but am not always able to plan 11 months out. I can however pencil something into the calendar in advance and hope it works out. Normally I would know in plenty of time for banking purposes if something is not going to work.
Third, given that our primary months are so scattered (October, late May/June, December) I assume use year does not matter quite as much. October is our primary target so I would assume somewhere in the Aug/Sep/Oct range but would appreciate your opinions as well.
Let me sum this up by saying that I really appreciate you taking the time to have read this and appreciate any advice you have to offer.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|