Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
supermom0726
Earning My Ears

Christmas Gifts getting shipped?

Hey everyone :-) We will be staying at CSR Dec 20-27 with our 2 daughters. We still plan on having a traditional Christmas morning with presents, small tree, etc in our resort room. We are driving which will help transport most of our things, but I wonder if any of you have thoughts or experiences with shipping large boxes to the resorts? I'm thinking of packing big boxes with pre-wrapped Santa gifts and shipping them to the resort. Then getting DH to move boxes to car Christmas Eve so that we can access them to be set out that night. I can't transport everything in our vehicle without lots of suspicion from the kids. Thoughts or suggestions? Gifts are non negotiable as our younger child is only 6 and fully into the whole Santa thing. ;-)
supermom0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I haven't shipped Christmas gifts but when DD was younger I did ship down a box of diapers as well as one with snacks, etc. prior to our arrival. It's easy to do and THIS sticky has all of the necessary information.

I wouldn't go overboard with gifts, because what you ship down must be shipped back home sans wrapping paper. It can get costly shipping big boxes and your cost is going to be double. Whenever I shipped items ahead of time I always ordered online from Amazon or Diapers.com as both offered free shippping. Otherwise, I think the shipping cost would have been more than the actual cost of a case of diapers.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
supermom0726
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much! That thread was very informative! I'm not too worried about getting the gifts home. We'll have plenty of room in our SUV especially after the gifts are unwrapped. I just don't want to spoil Santa for the little one by her questioning strange boxes in the back. lol I better check into those shipping prices though! But, I suppose "believing" is priceless! ;-)
supermom0726 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: