Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #916
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

These magic bands sound a bit stressful. I haven't heard a thing about them for my early December trip so I'm not bothering with them. Congrats to your DB, hopefully there will be no problems with him going on vacation.

Glad you could get into the beach, all those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I swam with a turtle once while diving, it was an amazing experience, so special. Note to self, always keep snacks with me in Hawaii, I would hate to leave that gorgeous beach.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #917
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I would never use out points at holiday time. It is such a ripoff. I would book POP. LOL
OKW is our next resort to stay. I think sometime in May.
Nice Dismeet.
It looked like a nice spot to snorkel.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #918
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Caught up on the chatting and want to say thanks girls . Loved meeting both of you, Cynthia and Ellen. Disney ball of energy.
Just a ball of energy period I think...the Disney aspect is a bonus.

Quote:
Sadly yes, the cruise being canceled and moved to late March has thrown a wrench in the May girls's trip.......for now. I'm not saying it won't happen but it'll take more finagling but its not impossible.
Not impossible is good!

Quote:
I'm ALL about the DL 1/2 in August Cynthia! I can do a 16 mile minute no matter what.
YAY! I am so excited!!!

You could do a 16 minute mile walk in your sleep I have a feeling.

Quote:
Your plans all look wonderful and your plate is full. Once Joshua's bar mitzvah is done on the 12th, I'll be able to breath again. Hopefully sleep too. And plan.
So soon! He is looking adorable, I know I should say handsome but, he's just too cute still for that.

Quote:
I'm signed up to do our Utah NAMI Walk on 10/19. I'm hoping to run some of it.
Fun! How long is that? I have my first 10K (my first run anything ever) on the 27th. Excited but nervous too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Do not taunt the reef.
No, it will bite you back!

Quote:

How cool is that?!
Supremely cool!

Quote:

What a gorgeous beach! Love the colors and clarity of the water from above.
It was gorgeous! And it is good the lot fills as it keeps it at a reasonable crowd level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up and just stunning beach shots.
It is a gorgeous place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
So glad the snorkeling worked out but sorry you were so hungry and crabby.
I do wish I'd have packed lunch, it would have been a lovely spot for a picnic. But Koko head was unplanned and our times got all off. In a good way really but we were hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
What awesome views! Beautiful beach and bay.
Isn't it pretty there?

Quote:
You guys are quite the die hards on vacation with all your hiking and stair climbing!! I suppose you kinda have to climb some stairs to get to the view That and you wouldn't have such amazing legs if you didn't use them so much!! (Ok, maybe you will because you are one of those kind of lessed people!!)
I think you burn far more calories on a park commando day than we did any day on our Hawaii trip. We made up for any movement by being complete sloths for much of the trip. We do love to hike though, or just really to be outside and moving and I was very happy we were able to fit some of that into the trip. Dropping the extra 20 pounds did more for my legs than anything else though that's for sure. That and a nice side angle photo. LOL!

Quote:
As for your December trip plans, you are doing the best that you can with what you have. I have to hand it to you that you have all the options and angles covered. You can only do so much to help get everyone's plans finalized. Completely understand that your brother has a challenge with his planning - congrats to him on his promotion!!!
I had my first dream about this last night, dreamed we had to move it to Spring Break, which wouldn't work and it was a whole fiasco. Much as I'd like to think I'm pretty chill about what I can't control, clearly there is something in the back of my mind.

Quote:
I tend to agree that by December they may close the loop on the FP+ and the paper FP. So it doesn't make sense to lock yourself in now to a plan if you won't be able to change later to paper. At least you will be enjoying WDW at the holiday time with your family. If nothing else you have a fabulous trip planned with all the dining and activities already. (And again, I realize all the effort that has gone into the planning for that many people. The options along make my head spin.)
I figure ordering the bands at least allows us the option, of options. I do hope that it rolls out to Swan/Dolphin by then though and they can book FP+ as well, it will be me that's the issue but really, as long as the rest can hit things I am ok with that. I do worry about the holiday crowds.

Quote:
You have quite an exciting 2014 planned with all those trips and meet ups!

Take care and have a great weekend!
Very busy 2014 and a very Disney one but it will be very fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Okay - I've been AWOL from the DIS for a bit, and had a LOT of catching up to do. I was way back before your business trip!
I don't think there is a thread I'm not behind on! Not enough hours in the day.

Quote:
Anyway - glad you made it out of there with your feet still attached! I hate blisters. You managed to have a couple great looking meals (and beverages) too! Nice business trip!
They are recovering, not 100% yet but much better. I am happy to have a week off between business or other trips, I'm as behind at work as I am here!

Quote:
Your snorkeling location looked gorgeous! Of course, there seems to be very little in HI that isn't gorgeous.
Oh there are some seedy, sad and run down spots and boring office parks....but it is easy to stick to the pretty parts.

Quote:
We had a great time meeting up with you in Seattle too! If we're ever out there again, we'll get the whole gang together - AND find a Tully's!
I need to take a picture of one so Dave doesn't think I'm nuts! It was really fun hanging out with you guys

Quote:
We did have a great time in Alaska and I'm hoping to get my TR started soon. I have to figure out how I'm going to do pictures - my free photobucket is about full and I don't know if I'm going to shell out $ or try Flickr. Any suggestions?
Send out a bat signal! I have the photobucket pro. It's a little bit of a bummer as when I upgraded it was unlimited storage and now it's not. But I didn't like the idea of my stuff in more than one place so it's been easier to keep it there. I'd fill up another free one too fast and while I know folks that manage multiple accounts...I'm not one of them.

Quote:
On another side note - I might be revisiting my spring break plans. We are considering switching from Grand Californian to Aulani!! I'm going to have to go back and re-read all your info on room choices and views!
Oooh, tough call! If you do switch, I'd vote for pool view or ocean. With pool, it's a little less points and if you get a top floor in that category you'll get some ocean view. If you go island view, there are some good options too and a few where you might get peek ocean as well. We LOVED our ocean view and the building we were in and would want that again but you can get a good view for less. Don't plan on standard, there aren't very many and they go super fast and it's a terrible view. I do think though if you end up with a late arrival that a lower point room for the first night and then moving to the view isn't a bad way to go at all.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #919
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm glad that you were able to pay your dollar to park and enjoy some snorkeling. I'm sure it felt great to get into the water after doing all that walking and climbing.

And you got to swim with Crush!!!!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #920
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
These magic bands sound a bit stressful. I haven't heard a thing about them for my early December trip so I'm not bothering with them. Congrats to your DB, hopefully there will be no problems with him going on vacation.
For early December, I wouldn't either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Glad you could get into the beach, all those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I swam with a turtle once while diving, it was an amazing experience, so special. Note to self, always keep snacks with me in Hawaii, I would hate to leave that gorgeous beach.
It was amazing seeing the turtle in his environment. It was a gorgeous beach! We had some trail mix at the top of Koko head but at that point, we needed more than a snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I would never use out points at holiday time. It is such a ripoff. I would book POP. LOL
I am definitely the opposite. I have points specifically to avoid staying at a value lol!. Even if I was paying cash, I just can't do a value for more than maybe one night. And while the points are high, it's still vastly cheaper than rack rate at a deluxe.

Quote:
OKW is our next resort to stay. I think sometime in May.
Nice Dismeet.
I love OKW, very much looking forward to going back. It was great to see Sheree and her family.

Quote:
It looked like a nice spot to snorkel.
It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad that you were able to pay your dollar to park and enjoy some snorkeling. I'm sure it felt great to get into the water after doing all that walking and climbing.
The water was pure Heaven. Honestly at that point for me it was far less about the actual snorkeling and more about just getting in the ocean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
And you got to swim with Crush!!!!
We did, definitely a trip highlight!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #921
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

All caught up! Thanks for the mini work TR, it looks like my kind of business trip! Maybe someday....

Hooray for snorkeling! Did you happen to ask that turtle if he knew how to get to the EAC? (I couldn't help myself)

I know how you feel re Magic Bands - we were part of the test when we stayed at Pop last month and Kevin had FP+ while I did not (I was going to the parks on my remaining CM tickets, which aren't supposed to be added to the FP+ system till Spring). It was no fun that he was able to set up all these reservations just for one! I was able to add my tickets on by typing in the code # (even though it ended up being quite the POTA once we were at the park - but that's another story ) so we were able to make reservations together, but his parents (who were at Boardwalk) didn't have MBs period, which was more of a nuisance. It was one thing for rides like the Mountains that we would have gone on without them anyway, but for stuff like Soarin and Test Track it was a headache to try and coordinate their old-system FPs with the times we had pre-selected.

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #922
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

My Business trip is to Albany and I get to sit in the Hotel for 3 days !!Well it is the only time in the year I get paid for basically doing nothing most of the time !!!3 days with no on call, only 8 to watch for tween times and meals , they mostly either go to bed after supper or to the Dances , so it is a great relax time for me !!!
I am getting the bands for this month , plus navigating the new DAS This is gonna be interesting !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #923
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Cynthia! I've been behind too. I'm tryin'.
How cool that you got to take a work trip to Hawaii - too bad about the work part.

The one drink rule at Duke's is so crazy. First, Jim and I had a friend's 30 yr old son with us, so he went to buy us a drink. Then he had to leave the line to come and get us to show our I.D. (I was desperately trying to hold down a seat on the retaining wall because there were no tables.) Then after I showed my I.D. I walked away and I had to be tracked down again because each person could only be handed one drink. AND it wasn't that good - just a cheap mix. Loved the real pineapple one at Hale Koa much better!

Love your sunset pics! Too bad you had to hang out there in the sun and the surf with all that music and drink that beer just to torture Jeff.

Sounds like your trip is mostly coming together. I hope your stragglers can get their tickets and plans straight soon.

Yeah for an extra DLR trip! I'm not sure what the views in VGC are - we've only stayed in the main GC before the villas were built. I would see if there is a "secret entrance" like at GC or if you can be close to a walkway that takes you in that direction. Where's Pat - didn't she stay there?

How fun you got to have a meet with Sheree! Too funny about ending up at Starbucks! You would think in Seattle you could find a lot of good coffee places. I have to say, though that I do not like Tully's coffee, so I would vote for Starbucks anyway.

Oh, when I saw the pic of the airport shoes, I thought you were posting a pic of what you chose to wear to the airport and then regretted.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #924
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
All caught up! Thanks for the mini work TR, it looks like my kind of business trip! Maybe someday....
Well it's not my normal work trip for sure and won't happen often!

Quote:
Hooray for snorkeling! Did you happen to ask that turtle if he knew how to get to the EAC? (I couldn't help myself)
I was too busy trying not to kick him in the head!

Quote:
I know how you feel re Magic Bands - we were part of the test when we stayed at Pop last month and Kevin had FP+ while I did not (I was going to the parks on my remaining CM tickets, which aren't supposed to be added to the FP+ system till Spring). It was no fun that he was able to set up all these reservations just for one! I was able to add my tickets on by typing in the code # (even though it ended up being quite the POTA once we were at the park - but that's another story ) so we were able to make reservations together, but his parents (who were at Boardwalk) didn't have MBs period, which was more of a nuisance. It was one thing for rides like the Mountains that we would have gone on without them anyway, but for stuff like Soarin and Test Track it was a headache to try and coordinate their old-system FPs with the times we had pre-selected.
You went last month? I think I missed that He must have liked that first trip enough to go back..and bring his parents too!

UGH! That's exactly the mess we are in. I do think I will order the bands if offered, and expect that they will be by then (though wonder if we will be offered 2 sets as I've read on the split stays, that seems crazy!) but I'm not adding any media or even trying that aspect until I see if Swan/Dolphin has the program extended to them or not. Sounds like most expect it will be at some point but when, I've no idea!

I just know the kids would like the bands...though if it only works as a key, not really as fun for them I guess. I'm not even telling them they exist yet though honestly am a bit surprised Eric hasn't figured that out yet and is asking about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
My Business trip is to Albany and I get to sit in the Hotel for 3 days !!Well it is the only time in the year I get paid for basically doing nothing most of the time !!!3 days with no on call, only 8 to watch for tween times and meals , they mostly either go to bed after supper or to the Dances , so it is a great relax time for me !!!
I am getting the bands for this month , plus navigating the new DAS This is gonna be interesting !!!!
So is your whole group getting the bands? I can actually see where FP+ could be great in your situation...if it works. If not, a giant headache!

I usually sit in the hotel for all days, that will be my trip to Chicago next week. I'll have a tiny bit open on the first morning and the last. The rest will be in the hotel or at off-site related functions. Exhausting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Cynthia! I've been behind too. I'm tryin'.
How cool that you got to take a work trip to Hawaii - too bad about the work part.

Darn work, gets in the way of so much fun!

Quote:
The one drink rule at Duke's is so crazy. First, Jim and I had a friend's 30 yr old son with us, so he went to buy us a drink. Then he had to leave the line to come and get us to show our I.D. (I was desperately trying to hold down a seat on the retaining wall because there were no tables.) Then after I showed my I.D. I walked away and I had to be tracked down again because each person could only be handed one drink. AND it wasn't that good - just a cheap mix. Loved the real pineapple one at Hale Koa much better!
I am guessing it's born out of spring break college student issues but the reality is that the crowd there was definitely quite a bit older than college...more like a 30-60 demographic.

Quote:
Love your sunset pics! Too bad you had to hang out there in the sun and the surf with all that music and drink that beer just to torture Jeff.
He'd have done the same!

Quote:
Sounds like your trip is mostly coming together. I hope your stragglers can get their tickets and plans straight soon.
My sister is supposedly buying hers today. We did a little bit of narrowing down on the ADR's yesterday.

Quote:
Yeah for an extra DLR trip! I'm not sure what the views in VGC are - we've only stayed in the main GC before the villas were built. I would see if there is a "secret entrance" like at GC or if you can be close to a walkway that takes you in that direction. Where's Pat - didn't she stay there?
Between Pat, Jenny, Ellen and Allison I am hoping to get some good view input I had researched it once but now can't recall at all and am being a bit lazy to go look, I need to catch up on everyone's threads first! not to mention finish this one up.

Quote:
How fun you got to have a meet with Sheree! Too funny about ending up at Starbucks! You would think in Seattle you could find a lot of good coffee places. I have to say, though that I do not like Tully's coffee, so I would vote for Starbucks anyway.
Jeff prefers it, at least their Americano, by quite a bit. Then again he adds sugar and cream so what he is looking for in a coffee, versus me, who drinks it black, is vastly different. I don't like (actually have major issues with) the whole "blonde" and lighter roast offerings Starbucks has added. To me it's selling their soul. I am not always thrilled with my option for coffee of the day but it works. I do confess to rather liking Peets quite a bit.

Quote:
Oh, when I saw the pic of the airport shoes, I thought you were posting a pic of what you chose to wear to the airport and then regretted.
OMG no.

Much as I like heels I would 1) not wear them to the airport (at least not ones THAT high) and 2) don't like those at all!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #925
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You went last month? I think I missed that He must have liked that first trip enough to go back..and bring his parents too!

UGH! That's exactly the mess we are in. I do think I will order the bands if offered, and expect that they will be by then (though wonder if we will be offered 2 sets as I've read on the split stays, that seems crazy!) but I'm not adding any media or even trying that aspect until I see if Swan/Dolphin has the program extended to them or not. Sounds like most expect it will be at some point but when, I've no idea!

I just know the kids would like the bands...though if it only works as a key, not really as fun for them I guess. I'm not even telling them they exist yet though honestly am a bit surprised Eric hasn't figured that out yet and is asking about them.
We were in WDW last month, crashing Kevin's parents' annual trip! Just a fun little weekend away to the World! (I'm hoping to get a TR of that up once I finish my DLR one!) We both want to take his parents to CA but neither of them feel up to the flight from Boston, even with a layover sadly.

Two MBs for a split stay! I haven't heard of that! We assumed we'd be hanging onto ours for life (though we have heard rumors that all bands during this "test" phase will be inactive once it rolls out officially property-wide).

There were some really cool features I didn't realize it would do until we got there - for example when we got to Magical Express at the airport, we just tapped our MBs to the Mickey and the Cast Member responded with "Hello Kevin and Jenn, hope you enjoy your stay at Pop Century!" We were floored!

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #926
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:

I am here behind but here.!!! There was a thread and I found it- I bookmarked it
GC
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #928
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful location! Your beach pictures are simply gorgeous! So glad you got to snorkel there, and actually do it with Crush........

Love to try that one day, and it does seem like the perfect place for a first attempt.

Hope you got something to eat really quickly!
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #929
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
What a beautiful location! Your beach pictures are simply gorgeous! So glad you got to snorkel there, and actually do it with Crush........
Me too, it was wonderful!

Quote:
Love to try that one day, and it does seem like the perfect place for a first attempt.
It really is. Not like rainbow reef which I do think might be really great for smaller kids or those uncomfortable in the water but still a very nice spot for a first outing. It is where I learned so has pretty fond memories for me.

Quote:
Hope you got something to eat really quickly!
We were hungry!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #930
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

NYE trip (and others) update!

We have a plan that is well, mostly final! As of right now I think I only have ONE extra ADR and ONE extra other reservation. Compared to where we were, that's nothing! I do have one extra person on most of my reservations as I really am hoping my brother gets his act together to send my nephew (though I have a suspicion he is hoping my parents just buy the plane ticket but I am not going there!). I've offered what I can (room, food and a 5 day hopper) and the rest is out of my hands. My sister and BIL bought their tickets on Tuesday and after some feedback on plans, made a few adjustments.

Here is where we stand.

THE BFP (Big Fat Plan)
Assumes most/all breakfast and lunches are in villa or are counter service purchases.

Sunday 12/29 - Check in, Magic Kingdom / Epcot
-6:11-6:14 Most of the group lands (2 different flights but similar landing time) and take DME or other shuttle (for the Swan people) to resort. Check in.
-7:45 AM Breakfast, Captain's Grille
-11:30 AM -12:30 boys booked for Haircuts at the Harmony Barber Shop
-5:05 PM Dinner, Rose & Crown. 2 people booked for the Candlelight Processional Package, 5:15 PM Dinner, 8 people booked for regular dining. Reservations noted as "linked" so hopefully can be seated together or nearby.
-8:15 PM Candlelight Processional for those attending
-10:30 PM Illuminations Fireworks at Epcot if still awake, walk back to resort.[/LIST]
Right now I have 3 haircut reservations for the boys

11:30 Eric and his cousin Kolby
12:00 My nephew Quin
12:30 Evan and the nephew in question, Isaac.

Quin, is going through a "I'm not cutting my hair" phase at the moment. I plan to call and switch names so Evan is at noon and then if Isaac can't make it, cancel the last one so it's just the 3 boys and we are done by 12:30. Going to hold off for a bit on that one in hopes Izzy is conming.

I do need to call back and check on the "linking" of the 2 dinner reservations. When I went to rebook the CP package, they couldn't drop it to 3 people from 6, but could drop to 2 (Dad was on the fence anyway). But it fully rebooked with a new confirmation number and I have a feeling the "link" may have been lost. Going to CP will be just my mom and I and I'm pretty darn excited about the way it turned out, this way I get my own solo mom time.

Monday 12/30 - Hollywood Studios / Magic Kingdom
-11:30 Sister and BIL land, catch shuttle or other to the Swan
-6:20 PM Dinner, 'Ohana
-Watch Fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian. Will be the NYE show. Extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom till 2am

On this one they couldn't drop my reservation down from 13. We are likely to only be 11, 12 if my nephew comes. I figured the risk of them charging for the missing person (or 2) was a better alternative than losing the reservation but the thing is silly. Still, I don't expect us to get charged.

Tuesday 12/31 - Animal Kingdom? / Epcot.
Will probably want to get into Epcot early and stay there. How early I am not sure.

-8:00 PM, Dinner, Biergarten Restaurant -
-Midnight  NYE Fireworks at Epcot, walk back to resort unless people are nuts and then DHS is open until 2am. At that hour and crowd level though I have a feeling just getting to DHS could take a long time

Wednesday 1/1  Recover / Hollywood Studios
-AM. BIL and possibly Dad, Jeff, will likely be watching Bowl games. Depending on timing and who it is, we all might be. ESPN will be ugly but it's an option. Close to the trip we will know more. Planned teams for us are the Huskies and the Ducks. We've got 2 and 1 in the crowd respectively.
-2:15 PM Girls only Tea, Garden View Tea Room
-6:00 PM Watch the Osborne lights turn on at Hollywood studios, take bus to Fort Wilderness
-8:00 PM Dinner, Trail's End Restaurant - The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, Check out the decorated campsites at the Fort after dinner. My sister Kerri and my BIL will have a date night here and skip this meal.

Thursday 1/2  Universal Islands of Adventure (Harry Potter)
-Breakfast or lunch at Three Broomsticks (walk in)
-Dinner at Margaritaville.

If the Ducks are playing this day instead we will lose my BIL for part of the day somewhere on Citywalk to watch the game.[/LIST]I still have to figure out transportation and tickets for this but think we have a general plan and will purchase next month.

Friday 1/3  Possible waterpark (weather dependent)
This was requested by my BIL which I thought was cool. He is the newbie of the group, not at all sure about any of this so if we can make it happen for him that would be cool and the boys would love it. I don't plan to add WP+M to tickets until we see what the weather does, it would be added on there.

-8:00 PM Adult Only Dinner, Todd English's bluezoo
-Kids have dinner in villa

Saturday 1/4 - Possible Universal
-Check out of Boardwalk and move to Treehouse Villas
-Jeff picks up rental car, may be sent on a grocery run
-If we also want to do Universal, this is the day. Not the full group. Likely my sister and I and the boys only.
-Dinner in villa

Sunday 1/5 Downtown Disney
-Jeff may fly this day
-11:00 AM, Brunch, Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant -
-3:00 PM. Half of group leaves (sisters, BIL and nephews)
-6:25 or 6:40 (2 ressies, depends on size of group) Dinner, Be our Guest
-Possible Wishes and/or EWP from TOWL

This is my sole remaining extra ressie (and a CC hold to boot) day. I've got one for 4 and one for 7. We will either be 4 or 6. I think we are 6 but have to confirm.

Monday 1/6  possible pool hop or whatever the Es want to do.
-Jeff may fly this day, my parents leave this day
-12:20 PM Lunch Les Chefs. This is a surprise for Eric if Jeff is out flying but could get cancelled if Jeff flies on Sunday only. Would like to do something as a surprise for Evan too so thinking about that. He'd like to do the Trek but I think that's outside of my budget for this trip.
-7:30 PM Dinner, Olivias.

Tuesday 1/5  Epcot, and whatever people want (given time windows)
-Check out, bags to DME/Bell Services
-Return rental car to Swan
-11:30 AM, Lunch, Via Napoli
-2:30 PM DME to airport
-5:30 PP Fly home. WAH!

So other than the haircuts, the extra BoG ressie and the Harry Potter/Universal details I think all that is left to do (besides the usual shopping and then packing) is to make our grocery list.

And possibly spa appointments! I am considering booking a couples massage at Mandara as a Xmas gift for Jeff and I for the 30th.

Thoughts, input, any of this sound like a bad plan or idea? What am I missing?

Current thoughts on MDE/Magicbands and FP+ are to NOT mention it at all to my family! No clue what will happen with the swan at this point and my PAP is an issue for sure. Assuming it is offered to us, I will order the magic bands so we have them as an option but not link any media. At least that's my current thinking. As it evolves over the next couple of months, we will see.

In other trip news,

Marching on Disneyland Trip
I hope to send over my room request for the GCV trip today. We have a parent meeting on it tonight. I am hoping to find out when the performances will actually be. Right now I have Eric and I booked starting on the Saturday. It would be my STRONG preference to go down on Sunday (Easter) instead if the timing of performances works. I do know they will not be performing on Sat. Currently the performances are supposed to be Sun/Mon. If the timing worked, in theory, Eric and I could go to sunrise service (on the beach) here, and then head down and still get there pretty early. It probably won't work but I'd like that a lot both from a points perspective and an Easter one. If not, we will figure out somewhere to go Easter Morning down there. If the performance is after 5pm I can probably pull it off, there is an 11:45 flight that gets into John Wayne at 2:25 so that would be more than enough buffer. If it is after 1pm we still could do a Sunday morning flight (7am into Long Beach at 9:40) and make it (and save the points) but I am not sure how we'd fit church in which seems wrong on Easter. Annoyingly there are no 9:30-10:30 am flights into Long Beach or John Wayne and with sunrise service at 6am, we really can't do a flight earlier than 9 and make it. There is an 8:30 am one but we'd have to leave the service early at 6:30 to be safe (and the way security has been lately and boarding early, shutting the gates early, seems like you need to be at the airport 2 hours early, not 1!) and that would be frustrating. However, I wouldn't expect traffic or security to be bad at that hour on Easter Sunday. Theoretically we could get there 1.5 hours early IF my traffic assumptions are correct and we left right at 6:30. It can be a 20-30 minute drive. It can be an hour. It's risky.

There is a 9 and a 10:25 into LAX but UGH. LAX. Still, if the performance is after 3 I might consider it but probably only really worth it for the 9am one. What I'd gain in arrival time on the 10:25 I'd lost in transport getting to DL so would just go with the 11:15 into John Wayne.

Brenda, Jenny, Allison...am I missing anything here? Enough buffer depending on performance times?

My guess/gut though is 2 things.

1. They will not have performance times yet
2. They may well be targeting the marching part for Easter Sunday. While I want to see both performances, that one is more important.

Sigh.

I can hope that some parents bring this up though as I can't imagine I am the only one with the concern.

Girls F&G Trip
Saturday I will be booking the first 3 nights of our girls trip when our 7m window opens.

Last edited by eandesmom; 10-10-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Tags
aulani, dvc, ka'ena, koko head

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: