Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #496
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLW1977 View Post
Speaking of packing, does anyone have any suggestions on what to pack in an "immediate access" bag? I know we might be able to get our luggage and our rooms for a while, so I am just wondering what we should have on-hand. What do you do when you first get on the ship?
We eat when we first get on the ship! We usually are able to get into our room not too long after we finish lunch. Rooms are open no later than 1:30.
We are old, we have our medications always with us. Our door magnets, just because they fit nicely in my carryon, not because we need them before the luggage is delivered. We keep it as simple as we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
. We usually have our alcohol .....bathing suit if your not already wearing under your clothes .... That's about it
We are not pool people, so the bathing suits may or may not come out later in the cruise for Rain Forest and/or hot tubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylove619 View Post
We just booked this cruise last week and can't wait. It will me, dh, 16 yr old son, 13 year old daughter and 10 year old daughter. Kids have no idea, they think we are going with hubby on work trip. This will be our 3rd DC (done 4 day Wonder and 7 day Fantasy last Thanksgiving).

Never been to cozumel. was thinking of ruins/beach combo excursion. we are snorkeling in GC. Anyone done the ruins/beach combo before? Looking for advice.

Also looking for parking alternatives in Miami - I have heard Premier Parking is beyond horrible. Hoping to avoid the fees at the port. Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance
Welcome aboard!! I can't help with the parking question. We did a tour of the ruins in Costa Maya and it was wonderful. We are doing the ruins in Cozumel this trip.

Come to the 3pm meet first day at Promenade Lounge. It will be an opportunity to put faces with these names and for the kids to meet other kids. There are several in the 13 and 10 age groups.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #497
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
Actually, right now it's re-outfitting the "travel toiletries kit". I'm a guy so clothes are easy. Just paring down what I'm thinking of taking by an easy 30%.

While I live in the midwest for quite a while, I was born and raised in the Philly area. Have a soft pretzel and Yeungling for me!
Number one priority is a Cheese Steak, then soft pretzels. I can get Yuengling here in Alabama. I will be bringing soft pretzels back home with me (I pack light so there is room in my suitcase). Used to bring Tastykakes back too, but can get them here too.
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #498
cecechaffee
Earning My Ears

Could you comfirm there are 22 staterooms on the fe list? some reason I am not receiving any emails about the details of it. Thanks

Disney Wonder 2009, Caribbeans
Disney Wonder 2010, Mediterranean
Disney Wonder 2011, Mexican Riviera
Believing and excited for Disney Wonder 2012 Panama Canal
cecechaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #499
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecechaffee View Post
Could you comfirm there are 22 staterooms on the fe list? some reason I am not receiving any emails about the details of it. Thanks
There are 22 staterooms, well 23 if you count your own, on my list. We are getting so close!
KLW1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #500
disneylove619
Love All Things Disney

ok silly question...we have dined at Palo's on previous cruise and already have our dinner reservation for this cruise. But wondering if brunch is worth it? What makes it worth the extra? What kind of foods is on the menu?

Thanks in advanced
disneylove619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #501
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowRenewal13 View Post
I am flying on Saturday to visit family in Philadelphia. I haven't even started packing for that trip yet. I have, however, gotten my magnets together, my pirate night outfit out, and my FE gifts together. After all, I have priorities!
So looking forward to meeting everyone.
I grew up in Philly and currently live about 10-15 mins outside of Philly Have fun Oh and try to stay dry - Kind of rainy here

Cruise: Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

Jenn
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #502
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok silly question...we have dined at Palo's on previous cruise and already have our dinner reservation for this cruise. But wondering if brunch is worth it? What makes it worth the extra? What kind of foods is on the menu?

Thanks in advanced
I did the brunch - it was good. Something different than the normal breakfast on the ship. There is a buffet and a menu to order from. I believe they include a glass of champagne (or maybe it was a mimosa)

The food was really very good. The atmosphere and service was amazing. I don't know that I need to do it every cruise. I look at it like a date, time to be alone with my hubs.

Cruise: Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

Jenn
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #503
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecechaffee View Post

Yes, 23 total, so 22 to gift to. List on the way to you!

Quote:

Thanks in advanced
We prefer brunch to dinner at Palo. Buffet is wonderful. Seafood table, breads and cheeses table, antipasto type foods table, pastries table and dessert table. Things we would not usually have (such as caviar) and I love that the crab legs are split in half so no effort trying to dig that yummy meat out of there. After you eat the buffet things, they bring you pizza that is amazing! Try the goat cheese and grape pizza. I don't normally like goat cheese, but this is my favorite pizza ever, ever! I would pay for this brunch just to have that pizza! Then they bring you an entrée of your choice. Several choices of egg dishes, or a fish dish, or pasta - don't remember what other choices. You can have more than one entrée if you want. Then they encourage you to go back to the dessert buffet again! And, yes, a glass of champagne or mimosa. Service beyond excellent. The dessert buffet are small samples so you can try several. Highly recommend it. Plan on a couple of hours and pace yourself!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
Old 10-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #504
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylove619

Thanks in advanced
I'm on my phone right now but later I'll try to post a few pics from last year to give you an idea. Love Palo dinner, but would choose brunch over dinner if we had to. Fortunately we don't!

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #505
TempusFugit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowRenewal13

Number one priority is a Cheese Steak, then soft pretzels. I can get Yuengling here in Alabama. I will be bringing soft pretzels back home with me (I pack light so there is room in my suitcase). Used to bring Tastykakes back too, but can get them here too.
Mmmmm...Tastycakes... it's been to long.

I remember Gene Hart yelling "Score!! For a case of Tastycakes!" while watching Flyers games as a boy.

Sounds like we're having a Southeast PA reunion.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #506
TempusFugit

Quote:

Thanks in advanced
Ok......you asked for it......

This one's for Angie!

Old 10-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #507
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Mmmmm...Tastycakes... it's been to long.

I remember Gene Hart yelling "Score!! For a case of Tastycakes!" while watching Flyers games as a boy.

Sounds like we're having a Southeast PA reunion.
I miss watching the Flyers. All that is spoken in Alabama is Roll Tide and War Eagle. There is no other sport here, only college football! Don't cheer for either team.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #508
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Ok......you asked for it......

This one's for Angie!

Oh THANK YOU!!! Now I am even more excited to get onboard! We have brunch the first sea day.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #509
disneylove619
Love All Things Disney

ok those pictures are scrumptious! My arm has been twisted Now to see if we can get a reservation.
disneylove619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #510
TempusFugit

Sorry if the pics are large- no time to resize. I'm on the fly.

There are soooo many things to try.

Good grief! I'm hungry!!!

Last edited by TempusFugit; 10-10-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: