Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #196
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Good plan - making laps around the World Showcase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Thank you so much! I suddenly thought about a DIS ticker because I am on here pretty much every day lol

Beignets, I don't really like them (I know!) but I figure anything I eat is more than gone with 2 laps round the world showcase
Of course one would have to make it around the world showcase without stopping to get a bite to eat or drink. Hmm??? Thant might be a problem.

I am assuming that running on the sidewalks around PORFQ might be a very pleasant run. Is this acceptable as long as you make room for other people on the walkway? Or is it frowned upon by Disney? If it is acceptable, does anyone know what the distance around the resort would be? Just an estimate is fine.

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #197
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Andre you wouldn't happen to know when pofq will be Xmas decorating this year.yet? Is it too soon to know that?
I haven't been to WDW in November since 2004, so things may have changed, but I stayed at POFQ that year (7th-14th) and decorations were up there. I went over to GF one day to see if the gingerbread house was up - the structure was up, but the gingerbread pieces hadn't been put on yet. When I went back a few days later, it was finished.

I found this post from easyWDW from 2011 showing the house in progress on November 7th:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...out/#more-6030
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #198
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
Of course one would have to make it around the world showcase without stopping to get a bite to eat or drink. Hmm??? Thant might be a problem.

I am assuming that running on the sidewalks around PORFQ might be a very pleasant run. Is this acceptable as long as you make room for other people on the walkway? Or is it frowned upon by Disney? If it is acceptable, does anyone know what the distance around the resort would be? Just an estimate is fine.
I am not sure about running on the sidewalks through the resort - it might be difficult in some spots? However, there is the path between FQ and POR - many, many people use that to run. I believe Andre has the detailed mileage info on his website?

Forgive me if this has been answered already - I am trying to catch up on this thread backwards.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #199
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post

Everyone runs along the river path
Old 10-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #200
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post

I haven't been to WDW in November since 2004, so things may have changed, but I stayed at POFQ that year (7th-14th) and decorations were up there. I went over to GF one day to see if the gingerbread house was up - the structure was up, but the gingerbread pieces hadn't been put on yet. When I went back a few days later, it was finished.

I found this post from easyWDW from 2011 showing the house in progress on November 7th:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...out/#more-6030
Thanks. We are 9 th- 18. Probably would have seen some go up but with thanksgiving so late this year I'm not sure
Old 10-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #201
Fsudisney
Mouseketeer

So excited! We have never stayed at POFQ before but I am really looking forward to it after reading this board. We check in on 10/18. Should I wait until Monday to do my room requests? And is faxing still the best way to do that?

Fsudisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #202
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsudisney View Post
So excited! We have never stayed at POFQ before but I am really looking forward to it after reading this board. We check in on 10/18. Should I wait until Monday to do my room requests? And is faxing still the best way to do that?
I need the fax number myself
Old 10-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #203
scard192
DIS Veteran

Room requests via Fax is in this thread, see pg 1

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....116216&page=12
Old 10-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #204
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Room requests via Fax is in this thread, see pg 1

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....116216&page=12
Thank you scard.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #205
mi*vida*loca
DIS Veteran

I am set on POFQ for our August trip. I will be booking in January after SO gets the vacation time approved. I think we are going to do 8/20-8/29. We can always play with those dates if he has to work with certain days at work.

What kind of RO discounts are offered around this time of year?? We won't be doing the DDP anymore since it doesn't work for our family dynamics anymore (disney adult kid and we want to do less TS meals). We've always done free DDP in the past so I'm not sure what other discounts are offered around this time of year for this resort.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #206
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi*vida*loca View Post
I am set on POFQ for our August trip. I will be booking in January after SO gets the vacation time approved. I think we are going to do 8/20-8/29. We can always play with those dates if he has to work with certain days at work.

What kind of RO discounts are offered around this time of year?? We won't be doing the DDP anymore since it doesn't work for our family dynamics anymore (disney adult kid and we want to do less TS meals). We've always done free DDP in the past so I'm not sure what other discounts are offered around this time of year for this resort.
Historically, POFQ has had much smaller RO discounts than the other moderates if they are included at all. For example CBR, POR and CSR will have a 20-25% RO discount and POFQ will have 5%. And the rooms at that 5% off go fast. Disney uses discounts to fill rooms. With POFQ being very popular and small, they are running near capacity without offering discounts.

That could change for your dates, but that is how it's been in the past.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #207
mi*vida*loca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Historically, POFQ has had much smaller RO discounts than the other moderates if they are included at all. For example CBR, POR and CSR will have a 20-25% RO discount and POFQ will have 5%. And the rooms at that 5% off go fast. Disney uses discounts to fill rooms. With POFQ being very popular and small, they are running near capacity without offering discounts.

That could change for your dates, but that is how it's been in the past.

I was really hoping for a 20-25% discount. Might have to change our resort. We do love CBR also so we shall see.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #208
erineab
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,
Hopefully I'm posting this is the right spot. We will be travelling to POFQ in March for 4 nights with my parents. My father is 75 and will just have completed cancer treatment (both chemo and radiation) about 9 weeks prior to our trip. Our family as a whole has been undecided about whether or not the trip will be too much for him, but he really wants to go and it is giving him something to look forward to as he ploughs through the ugliness of this disease.

I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice on which building to request (I know nothing can be guaranteed, but a request can't hurt). View is not as important as location - something that is easily accessible to the pool, food court and bus stop. I have never been to this resort so I'm a little at a loss.

Thanks in advance!
erineab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #209
dani7776
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
Hi everyone,
Hopefully I'm posting this is the right spot. We will be travelling to POFQ in March for 4 nights with my parents. My father is 75 and will just have completed cancer treatment (both chemo and radiation) about 9 weeks prior to our trip. Our family as a whole has been undecided about whether or not the trip will be too much for him, but he really wants to go and it is giving him something to look forward to as he ploughs through the ugliness of this disease.

I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice on which building to request (I know nothing can be guaranteed, but a request can't hurt). View is not as important as location - something that is easily accessible to the pool, food court and bus stop. I have never been to this resort so I'm a little at a loss.

Thanks in advance!
I would ask for building 5 bottom floor ! Explain the situation they are very nice there and usually grant our request =) good luck and have a great trip !
dani7776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #210
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erineab View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
My wishes and prayer for a successful treatment for your dad. If you booked directly through Disney please call special needs (reservation numbers handy) at 407-939-7807 x 1. Explain the situation and ask if they could help with room assignment on the first floor of bldg 4 or 5 close to the food court/lobby/bus. This will also keep you quite close to everything. When you call, if they are not helpful...please, please pm or email me and I can try to help.
Would it help for him to have a bathroom with handrails? The resort has fully handicap accessible rooms (wheelchair bathroom) and rooms for those who need some assistance, like bathroom handrails. With something this serious, Disney will help.
If your dad finds he is tiring easily, the resorts do have wheelchairs for guests to use for the length of stay, free of charge or one can be rented at the park with a small discount if you pay for multiple days. It will stay in each park and if you park hop, just take the receipt to the next park wheelchair rental.

God bless your family as you walk this very challenging and often scary journey with your dad.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: