Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #16
wombat10
Earning My Ears

The Residence Inn near the port has a great Cruise special that allows you to leave your car at the hotel. The special comes with breakfast and shuttle service. We used it last December and it worked out great. We got off the ship very early, picked up the car at the hotel and went next door for breakfast at a great restaurant called Zacharys.
wombat10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #17
peanmunch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb116 View Post
Depending on where you are coming from, these hotels may not be your best bet. We are coming from the north and usually stay in Jacksonville the night before. It leaves about 2 hours to the port, but the hotels are about $30 or $40 cheaper than the hotels closer to the port. Unless you have long cruise, the 40% off doesn't make up the difference.
I was thinking the same thing...we use a comfort suites in orlando when we get in late at MCO.http://www.comfortsuitesfl.com/ .we have FlA ID's so we get a rate of 72.00 including breakfast. we are on a 4 day so i was thing the money we save on the room would be more than the 40% or just break even.

Lori

Me DH DS13 DS9

2005 BWV ,2006 BWV, 2007 DCL & BWV,May 2008 ASMU Family Suite & BWV November 2008 SSR, May 2009 BWV, November 2009 SSR[April 2010 BWV, November 2010 SSR, May 2011 BWV,April 2012 BWV , November 2012 CSR April 2013 BWV,April 2014 4 night Disney Magic and BWV
peanmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
red610
Earning My Ears

Thank you!! Just booked a room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Titusville. Does anybody know if the 40% voucher can be used in the parking garage? Also does anybody know of a good restaurant on the water nearby?
red610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #19
Rambler5678
DIS Veteran

http://www.dixiecrossroads.com/

Cracker Barrell right next door
Old 09-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
mizcolon
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Fairfield Inn & Suites in Titusville two years ago. I highly recomment it... the rooms are clean, breakfast, free breakfast was good and literallly 20-25 mins strainght into port. We are booked there again fo our 9/22 cruise
Old 09-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #21
WallaceFamily
Some faith, trust and pixie dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb116 View Post
Depending on where you are coming from, these hotels may not be your best bet. We are coming from the north and usually stay in Jacksonville the night before. It leaves about 2 hours to the port, but the hotels are about $30 or $40 cheaper than the hotels closer to the port. Unless you have long cruise, the 40% off doesn't make up the difference.
We plan to stay in Jacksonville, too, since we will be driving down for Northern Vrginia. We will probably stay just south of town so we don't have to deal with city traffic the next day. Is there a hotel you recommend? Thanks!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #22
Headed4Fun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
I posted this information in the cruise meet thread for our cruise and thought others would find it helpful. I found the hotel names in another thread, visited each website, and compiled the relevant information.

Titusville

Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Tripadvisor #1 of 13

Martin

How do you get the 40% off coupon? We are booked to stay at this hotel before our cruise in February, but wasn't sure if I just ask for it for do I have to call and add it to my reservation?

Thanks!
Headed4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Has anyone ever stayed at the LaQuinta (not the one on the beach but the one offering the 40% parking - just wondering what it was like - it has very mixed reviews?
We stayed there August '12. At the time, their rate was much better than the Best Western and it was the same as the AAA rate.

The property is more inline with a Comfort Inn than with other LQ properties. Exterior corridors. Pretty big property and loud pool area.

Breakfast fare was decent but was crowded as the area is small and not able to accommodate all guests.

It's a one night stay, just to sleep similar to many properties along I-95. I'd say 3 out of 5 stars. Room was clean but you can tell it's aged and in need of renovations.

For the $85 rate we paid (2A/2C), free breakfast and the 40% coupon it was good deal. But next time, I'll probably stay at the Fairfield Inn. Hoping that in Dec '14 they will still have this offer. Next cruise is out of Miami.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
red610
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headed4Fun View Post

How do you get the 40% off coupon? We are booked to stay at this hotel before our cruise in February, but wasn't sure if I just ask for it for do I have to call and add it to my reservation?

Thanks!
I called the hotel directly to make my reservation and ask about the 40% off voucher and I was told I would get it when we check in.
red610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #25
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceFamily

We plan to stay in Jacksonville, too, since we will be driving down for Northern Vrginia. We will probably stay just south of town so we don't have to deal with city traffic the next day. Is there a hotel you recommend? Thanks!
We stay at hospitalityinns.com everytime. Clean, privately owned with manager onsite, continental breakfast and right off the freeway for $59 a night for king suites or rooms with 2 beds. Refrigerator and microwave in every room. Definitely not fancy. Grocery store and main chain restaurants on same road.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #26
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys

We stay at hospitalityinns.com everytime. Clean, privately owned with manager onsite, continental breakfast and right off the freeway for $59 a night for king suites or rooms with 2 beds. Refrigerator and microwave in every room. Definitely not fancy. Grocery store and main chain restaurants on same road.
Interesting!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #27
mizcolon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by red610 View Post
Thank you!! Just booked a room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Titusville. Does anybody know if the 40% voucher can be used in the parking garage? Also does anybody know of a good restaurant on the water nearby?
Yes, it can be used in the garage
Old 10-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #28
mizcolon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headed4Fun View Post

Thanks!
I booked this hotel for my just recent sailing on 9/21 on hotel.com and still got the parking voucher. As I was checking in I mentioned I hadheard of the parking voucher and she immediately went and got it and filled it outfor me.

BTW, the hotel is great, its super clean, very updated, has a great breakfast buffet, comfy beds and a straight drive right into port
Old 10-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
dtats
Earning My Ears

Curious about parking at the port... We're cruising on the Dream next August, and contemplating parking at the port (with so many of these 40% off coupons, why not? ).

However, I'm wondering, when you park at the port, do you hand your car keys off to an attendent, and they park your car for you, or do you actually park your own vehicle in a space of your choosing?

I ask this because we are heading over to WDW at the cruise's end, and we're leaving all of stuff in the van. With that said, my preference is to park my own vehicle. Also, do you have to surrender your car keys to the lot attendent while cruising? I assume that the port parking lot is secure?

I'm also sure I'm certainly not the first ones to do this kind of trip. any advice?
dtats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtats View Post
Curious about parking at the port... We're cruising on the Dream next August, and contemplating parking at the port (with so many of these 40% off coupons, why not? ).

However, I'm wondering, when you park at the port, do you hand your car keys off to an attendent, and they park your car for you, or do you actually park your own vehicle in a space of your choosing?

I ask this because we are heading over to WDW at the cruise's end, and we're leaving all of stuff in the van. With that said, my preference is to park my own vehicle. Also, do you have to surrender your car keys to the lot attendent while cruising? I assume that the port parking lot is secure?

I'm also sure I'm certainly not the first ones to do this kind of trip. any advice?
You park your own car in a space of your choosing and you carry your keys with you on the cruise.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: