Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Pirate Night at Palo

We pulled away from CC right at 5 pm.

The Captain came on to say that we would basically be bobbing around for the entire night as the distance to Nassau was so short and that there were some storms and rain bands that were resulting from a tropical disturbance in the Gulf. They weren’t kidding about bobbing about!! We did about 5 kts for the remainder of the evening. We had to chuckle as every time we went out onto the verandah we could STILL see CC s-l-o-w-l-y disappearing, very, very slowly

Tonight was Pirate Night and the Captain had told us that they had plenty of time and that they would skirt around any bad weather to make sure that they could do the fireworks. Not being very good pirate material, we had made reservations in Palo for tonight at 7:30 pm. We hung around in our stateroom until it was time to get ready.

Heidi was our server again. We had a really nice time in Palo and the food was excellent. I’m doing a complete disservice to the Manager, as he was funny and very engaging and we had a good time chatting to him, and I can’t remember his name! He even showed us a photograph of the manager of Palo from the Magic, Francesco, who was in a blue jump suit and working the dry dock in Cadiz. We love to interact with the crew when they drop a little of the “official” side and start to show their real personalities. Again the nosey in me comes out, because I love to hear about how they started working for DCL and about where the come from etc.

So, food for the evening was:

Breads and antipasto.

Scott had Tuna Carpaccio and Lemon Oil Dressing.

We both had the palate cleanser.

Palo Beef Tenderloin with Barolo Red Wine Sauce.

I had Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp.

Oregano and Parmesan Crusted Rack of Lamb – delicious (if you like lamb of course).

We both had the Chocolate Soufflé.

His.

Mine.

Spot the difference? Me, either.

We finished about 5 minutes before the fireworks were due to go off and stood outside Palo contemplating fighting our way out to try and see them, but sleepiness and fullness won over and we just headed back to our cabin instead. I could tell when the fireworks were over as you could hear everyone coming back to their cabins with lots of appropriate pirate noises. We were snug as bugs in bed already, which, even as I’m typing this makes me think that we really are becoming old and boring! We didn’t even take a photo of the towel animal!!

Up next...Nassau.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: