Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #3616
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85

I know it was sooooo hot in Ohio!!! I had to break down and turn the AC on a couple of nights!
I'm in Pa and I had to do the same thing. It killed me to put the AC on in October.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #3617
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192

I need to adjust the MB for my 2 nieces (2 and 7) but am afraid to tear them apart like in the instructions because if I mess it up the kids are going to be hearbroken. I might wait until we get to the resort in case we need new ones.
We have been wearing ours at home a bit. Saw some posts about can you wear them thru airport security. I am planning on putting them all in my carryon and we can put them on when we land in MCO before we board ME.
Can't believe its only 10 days away.
I never thought about being able to wear them through security. I guess ill just put them in our carry ons as well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #3618
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
We drive to Disney and this year we also drove to ALL the parks and that was the best decision ever! I do not know why we had never done it before??? It was relaxing, no stress, no waiting, no juggling kids and bags; pure bliss! It took us 2 mins to get to Animal Kingdom and 6 minutes to Magic Kingdom and the other two were in between, from AoA. Sometimes we walked to entrance and sometimes we took tram and we still cut our times getting into park by at least half compared to when we rode the bus.
I've often thought of this, but then I just think....I ride the bus just to ride the bus. It's like tradition....I can leave my keys in the room, no worries about losing car keys and all that. It takes longer, but I just do it to do it...kinda neat to say "I haven't driven my car in two weeks!!!".
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #3619
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
I almost went ahead and bought band accessories the day we left - and I don't even have a return trip planned yet! So if you're buying them for a planned trip next year is obsessive, I hate to think what psychosis I'd be diagnosed with!
You could ask your imaginary friend Ronald about that...oh umm, that would be a whole other psychosis altogether now wouldn't it?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #3620
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We drive to Disney and this year we also drove to ALL the parks and that was the best decision ever! I do not know why we had never done it before??? It was relaxing, no stress, no waiting, no juggling kids and bags; pure bliss! It took us 2 mins to get to Animal Kingdom and 6 minutes to Magic Kingdom and the other two were in between, from AoA. Sometimes we walked to entrance and sometimes we took tram and we still cut our times getting into park by at least half compared to when we rode the bus.
It is really not so much about saving time as it is frustration and the chaos at the end of the night especially after the MNSSHP parties. I have also been thinking about hitting the Premium Outlet mall for the Disney outlet and the Vera Bradley outlet.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #3621
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Bah! No goggles! I tease my husband all the time because not only does he tell the kids to wear them, but he wears them as well! No goggles for me! Actually, I never wore them when I was little either. They just seemed like more trouble than they were worth. Just not my thing I guess.
I think I'll conveniently forget to pack everyone's goggles!
I don't know that I have ever worn goggle. I am not a swimmer, I'm a lounger. My kids though are fish and love there goggles....
Old 10-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #3622
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by she who must read View Post
When we give a Disney gift, we use the bag it comes in as wrapping (they tend to be very cute!). We add curly-ribbon in the handle and it always gets a great response.

At our dollar store, they sell Disney bags, too...I use those when I do not get a bag from the store. I like things that can be reused.

Just an idea...

Wendy
Thank you Wendy!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #3623
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562

I've often thought of this, but then I just think....I ride the bus just to ride the bus. It's like tradition....I can leave my keys in the room, no worries about losing car keys and all that. It takes longer, but I just do it to do it...kinda neat to say "I haven't driven my car in two weeks!!!".
Once we park our car at the airport up here we don't have to drive again for a week....thats a nice thought. Let someone else cart us around. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #3624
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562

You could ask your imaginary friend Ronald about that...oh umm, that would be a whole other psychosis altogether now wouldn't it?
Nah! He's out there....just hasn't been found yet! Lol
Old 10-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #3625
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Once we park our car at the airport up here we don't have to drive again for a week....thats a nice thought. Let someone else cart us around. I'm looking forward to it.
I agree. I personally hate driving and worrying about parking and keys, blah, blah, blah. I just wanna go!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 10-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #3626
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
It is really not so much about saving time as it is frustration and the chaos at the end of the night especially after the MNSSHP parties. I have also been thinking about hitting the Premium Outlet mall for the Disney outlet and the Vera Bradley outlet.
Those were our primary reasons to drive too! The saving time was an unexpected added bonus. Totally agree about MNSSHP. Last time we waited 1.25 hours for a bus, and then it broke down! We always stopped at that outlet mall too on our way home. With 6 of us plus a stroller, the bus' are chaotic, many times we have had to pass up a bus and wait for another because we all could not ride.

Just like Disney has everything down to a well organized science, so was the parking. We just pulled up to the gate and when they saw our resort parking, just waved us through. From there, no thinking/finding skills required. Disney parking patrol is there to guide you to your exact parking spot. This is extremely well thought out because you do not have to worry so much about cars crossing the lot; from your row forward all the cars are parked and there is no traffic.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 10-09-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #3627
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle

I agree. I personally hate driving and worrying about parking and keys, blah, blah, blah. I just wanna go!
Me too! And after being at the parks ALL day, we'll be too tired to drive. We did that last year. We stayed with my FIL about an hr south of Disney.....that was a VERY long drive at night.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #3628
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I just can't wait to get there and be chauffeured around. Especially to be picked up at the airport. Counting the days, tomorrow will be at the 17 day mark.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #3629
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Those were our primary reasons to drive too! The saving time was an unexpected added bonus. Totally agree about MNSSHP. Last time we waited 1.25 hours for a bus, and then it broke down! We always stopped at that outlet mall too on our way home. With 6 of us plus a stroller, the bus' are chaotic, many times we have had to pass up a bus and wait for another because we all could not ride. Just like Disney has everything down to a well organized science, so was the parking. We just pulled up to the gate and when they saw our resort parking, just waved us through. From there, no thinking/finding skills required. Disney parking patrol is there to guide you to your exact parking spot. This is extremely well thought out because you do not have to worry so much about cars crossing the lot; from your row forward all the cars are parked and there is no traffic.
The 1.25 he wait after MNSSHP was that at midnight?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #3630
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
The 1.25 he wait after MNSSHP was that at midnight?
Yes...this year we went from walking through the exit to the MK to being in bed, in 35 minutes!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: