Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #3571
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
We're packing 2 suitcases....rolling all our clothes to save space. Need souvenir room. Than each of us will be taking a carry on on the plane with a few things to do, snacks and more valuable souvenir space lol

And you are in VERY good company here
That's one of the things I like best about the Dis! I feel much more "normal" here among the super planners and die-hard Disney freaks.

There is no need for friends and family to realize the true depths of my obsession!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #3572
bdillahu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl
Hey, for you'll who have BOG reservations through FP+, does it ever show up on your MDE list?

If I go to the actual BOG/Fastpass site my reservation and my meal order shows right up but it's not on my MDE list of reservations/FP+ times.
Did not for me... I just printed it out, but didn't need it, they had my name.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #3573
she who must read
new to all of this

the bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
Was thinking of picking up a few Christmas gifts while there in December but we are flying home on the 24th so I won't have time to wrap them...do any of the shops have free gift wrap at Christmas time?
When we give a Disney gift, we use the bag it comes in as wrapping (they tend to be very cute!). We add curly-ribbon in the handle and it always gets a great response.

At our dollar store, they sell Disney bags, too...I use those when I do not get a bag from the store. I like things that can be reused.

Just an idea...

Wendy
Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #3574
bdillahu
Mouseketeer

Well, I won't do a trip report in one post, but we're still here and still alive. Monday was out 24th anniversary, and we were at MK mostly. Quite crowded, compared to what we had done, and very hot. Did lunch at BOG... Neat building. The FP+ worked fine. DW loved the pork, and I liked the ham. DS ate part of my ham... He had the turkey, and it was OK, but he didn't care for the mayo stuff on it.

Went to the room and was going to swim, but thunderstorms came through. We chilled a while and went back. It was much cooler after the rain. Had dinner reservations at 940 at the castle... Royal Table. They were backed up, and apparently the 940 reservation had been a glitch which had happened a couple of Mondays. The latest is supposed to be 935, which messed them up a little, but they were great with it, took care of everybody, etc. Just took a bit.

Talk about embarrassing the 13 year old, that did it :-)

The park magic hours went until 0100 and we closed the park... Grand fun :-)
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #3575
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdillahu View Post
Well, I won't do a trip report in one post, but we're still here and still alive. Monday was out 24th anniversary, and we were at MK mostly. Quite crowded, compared to what we had done, and very hot. Did lunch at BOG... Neat building. The FP+ worked fine. DW loved the pork, and I liked the ham. DS ate part of my ham... He had the turkey, and it was OK, but he didn't care for the mayo stuff on it.

Went to the room and was going to swim, but thunderstorms came through. We chilled a while and went back. It was much cooler after the rain. Had dinner reservations at 940 at the castle... Royal Table. They were backed up, and apparently the 940 reservation had been a glitch which had happened a couple of Mondays. The latest is supposed to be 935, which messed them up a little, but they were great with it, took care of everybody, etc. Just took a bit.

Thanks for the update . Glad you didn't have too much hassle with your ressie!

Oooh!! We were lucky when we were on our trip last year and MK had the 1am closing time. My DS (then 3) rocked out 4 parks in one day like a champ! Ok, a champ who took an excellent nap in the stroller before conquering the Barnstormer 13x in a row, but still!

I'm hoping we get to experience a late night like that again. It was so peaceful after a harried day.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #3576
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm hoping to start this weekend. I just have to find a place to store my suitcases so I can add to them. Lol
Me too! :-).
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #3577
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

Me too. I don't even know where to start! I set the swimsuits aside when we didn't need them any more. That's all I have done!
Put goggles aside too! I just remembered those. :-)
Old 10-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #3578
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yup...spending money, video camera with batteries, autograph books and pens, spray fan water bottle, flavor packs for water, purell and wipes. Oh and our MNSSHP tickets. We're going to wear our magic bands the day we leave so I have them sitting in their box still on my burough.
Are you wearing your MBs from home? I still need to adjust mine. Did you cut yours down? Or was that Ald? I know Smitch did. I am nervous I am going to mess them up. Lol.
I wonder if the resort gift shops are carrying accessories for the MBs yet?
Old 10-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #3579
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post

I'm glad you mentioned batteries.
Oh yeah! Batteries. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #3580
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post

That's one of the things I like best about the Dis! I feel much more "normal" here among the super planners and die-hard Disney freaks.

There is no need for friends and family to realize the true depths of my obsession!
So true! My friends have no idea the extent of my Disney madness!! :-)
Old 10-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #3581
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdillahu View Post

Fun! Thanks for giving us the mini TR! Have a great rest of the trip! :-)
Old 10-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #3582
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post

Thanks for the update . Glad you didn't have too much hassle with your ressie!

Oooh!! We were lucky when we were on our trip last year and MK had the 1am closing time. My DS (then 3) rocked out 4 parks in one day like a champ! Ok, a champ who took an excellent nap in the stroller before conquering the Barnstormer 13x in a row, but still!

I'm hoping we get to experience a late night like that again. It was so peaceful after a harried day.
I know Monday 10/21 MK has emh until 2am!!!! Yikes!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #3583
scard192
DIS Veteran

We live in the north, so not using summer clothes anymore. Went through everything to make sure we have enough clothes for everyone. Not sure what to expect for weather, forecast has been all over the place from 81-84, then 87-89, today looks wet most days. Plan to wear jeans, jackets on the plane, packing tshirts, shorts and maybe one pair of capris. Toiletries good to go. Need to organize my paperwork; taking it as back up in case there is a problem with the bands.

10 days to go, I feel on top of what needs to be done;suitcases come up from the basement this weekend. getting close....
Old 10-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #3584
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post

Exactly!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #3585
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968

Lol...nope! My family knows I'm a disney geek but I don't think they know to what extent.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: