Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #316
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
Lady H posted a pic on Facebook of Nebo with Sunny D in hand and he looked fine.

My dad used to call me smart a**! Either way, hopefully we can meet up next summer.
That's good.

uh... the part about Nebo looking fine, that is.

Of course, your dad calling you a smart a** is fine by me too.

The competition runs March 14-16, so we'll know what's happening after that.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #317
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Chapter's about 3/4 done. Hopefully will be up later tonight.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #318
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

A journey through a strange new world

Monday, August Fifth.

When there's only one bathroom for the four of us, I like to get up first

and get the heck out of the way!

I don't think it comes as a big surprise that I can get up and get ready to go in less time then the girls.

Plus it's less frustrating.

"So, are you gonna be done soon?"
"Yes! Just another forty five minutes!"

Fifty five minutes later, the first one's done and the second one scoots in there...
"I'll just be a sec!"

And the first one said to the second one there,
"I hope you're having fun!"

sorry.
where was I?

So I'm the first one of the band to be up and ready to run.

I head down the first flight of stairs.
Unlock the room door.
Go down two more floors of spiral stairs.
Unlock the first vestibule door.
Walk down the short hallway.
Go through the second vestibule door (no code required when exiting).
Walk halfway down the next hall to the door.
Go through the halfway down the hall door (no key needed when exiting).
Walk down the other half of the hallway to the last door.
Push on the pushbar to get out...

I can't get out.

The door is not budging at all.

I push harder ('cause that'll help, right? Same premise as banging the side of the computer when it freezes)

door doesn't budge.

hmmmmm.... Maybe I need to go through the other door (it's a double door).

Nope. There's all kinds of bars and bolts on it.
I try it anyway.
Nope.

I turn the light on in the hallway to see better (there was some sunlight, but the door itself was in shadow).

hmmmmmm..... This is definitely the right door.

I push Harder. Again.

Oddly enough, I get the same result.

I look around for a video camera.
I actually wasn't thinking that I was being pranked with the French version of Just For Laughs Gags starring Jerry Lewis or a boozy Gerard Depardieu.
I thought maybe some security dude would take a moment from laughing hysterically at the inept Canadian tourist buffoon and help me!!

No camera.

Maybe because it's early, they lock the door for the night?

I look more closely at the door, trying to find a thumb lock, or a key, or a reason to live.

Nope.

Well, this is a bit frustrating isn't it? All of Paris is waiting for me.... IF I CAN JUST GET PAST THE FRONT FREAKING DOOR!!!

Ah! An idea.
I can buzz the apartment of our hosts and politely, with hat in hand (so to speak) ask them to please, please, please let me out!

But it's early. I don't want to wake them if they're sleeping.
Should I call some other tenant?
Tick off a total stranger.... But I'll never see them again... heh, heh, heh.

Naw.

If I wait long enough, surely (and don't call me.... nevermind) someone will either come in or go out and I can ride their coattails.

But it's early. What if no one shows up for an hour or three?

I walk back up to the door. This is ridiculous.
What if there's a fire? How would people get out?

A lightbulb goes off. (yes. off. it was on a timer.)
I know how they'd get out.

I march up to the door.
Grab the 'pushbar' with my hand and pull.

The door easily swings open and I triumphantly march out into the sunshine.

Hey. It's the small victories that matter.
It's all I've got.

I happily sashay down the street, nodding and saying a jaunty 'Bonjour!' to all I meet.

All I meet look at me suspiciously and distrustfully.

Look.
It was a beautiful morning.
I'm in Paris.
And I'd just gotten away from the estrogen den and escaped from the hallway of terrors.

I had every right to be happy, right? Right.

Not very far away, just down the street and around the corner, was a little french... uhhh... I guess since I'm in Paris I should just say there was a little bakery.

Of course it's a French bakery.

I picked up some croissants and some 'Pain au chocolat', which is basically an oval shaped croissant with chocolate in the middle.

mmmmmmmmmm......

We had that for breakfast and boy was it good!

After breakfast, I made what was probably both the most difficult and yet smartest decision of the trip.

The plan for the morning was to knock an item off my bucket list.

Do you knock an item off a bucket list? Or do you pour it out?
Whatever.

We were going to go see the Paris Opera today.
Kay did not want to go.

She was tired.
Her feet hurt.
She was cranky.

And I was thinking, "I don't care how much your feet hurt, or how tired you are, or how cranky you are, which will make the rest of us miserable.

We're in Paris.

This is possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity and you are not going to squander it by being beachy and a royal pain in the caboose!"

Yup. That's pretty much what I thought.

And then I thought some more.

We really can't let her miss this opportunity.
She really needs to come and see this.
And she better cheer up and not bring the rest of us down!

We're on vacation, darn it! And it's going to be perfect even if it kills us!!!!!!

I took a figurative step back.

"Kay? Would you prefer to stay here while the rest of us go see the Opera?"
"How long will you be? Will you be gone all day?" she asked.
"No," I replied. "We'll probably be gone for two or three hours, then we're going to come back here so we can do ________ that you wanted to do so badly while in Paris."

And so we went without her.
And if you'll permit me the luxury of skipping ahead here for a second...

It was the best decision of the whole trip.

I learned to relax a bit and let the trip happen instead of trying to force an unpleasant situation.
Kay got to do what she wanted (Rest her poor feet and catch up on some rest).
We got to see what we wanted to see (and not have Kay complaining the whole time, which would not have been fun for anyone).

When we got back, we were happy for having gone, and Kay was in a much better mood and rested and excited about the rest of the day.

Sometimes I even impress myself.

So after having decided on the arrangements, Ruby, Elle and I headed off to grab the metro back to the Opera.
Except this time... we were going IN!

The Paris Opera House is actually not thusly named.

thusly.

Pretentious much?

It ain't its real name.

Arguably the most famous opera house in the world was built in 1875 on Boulevard des Capucines and was originally named Salle des Capucines. But due to its over the top architecture and ornate interior, it was renamed Palais Garnier (Garnier Palace) after the architect who designed it.
It was also commonly known as the Garnier Opera, the Paris Opera, the ol' singin' hole, or simply, the Opera.

Okay. It wasn't known as the ol' singin' hole... but it's a good name, though, right?

But we're not done yet. When the building was officially unveiled, the official title of the building was The Imperial Academy of Music.
After the French lost the Franco-Prussian war, the Imperial government was overthrown and the building was renamed The National Theater of Opera.

Except all they did (because it was easier/cheaper?) was replace the word "Imperial" with the word "National".

So now you've got The National Academy of Music.

But they built a new place down the street in 1989 and the opera doesn't play there anymore.
The ballet still does, though.

Anyway.

You can see the name it still carries on the front of the building.

See?

But it's not called that.
It's called the Palais Garnier, which is where we came in.

I'm going to lie down now for a bit, k?

To get inside the Opera (dagnabbit! that's what I'm gonna call it!!) you walk around to the left and go in through a side entrance.

You have a choice of taking a guided tour, or wandering around on your own. I didn't want to feel like I had to keep up with a tour, so we opted for the wandering option.

After paying our entrance fee, we walked around a corner and were confronted with a nice set of mannequins wearing elaborate costumes framed on either side by winding staircases.

It was pretty, but.... I kinda expected more, ya know?

Ruby got more out of it then Elle or me, though.

As I mounted the stairs, I had no idea that Ruby had stopped Elle for a photo op.
She couldn't quite get the angle she was looking for.
She asked Elle to move this way. No that way. Wait, I'll move up. No down. Tilt your head. Move your shoulder. Tilt the camera...

Anyway, she fell down the stairs.

She wasn't hurt. Actually, she was laughing.
I think she said, "Well, it's all good now! I've had my fall for the trip!"

Pretty sure the only thing that was hurt was her pride.

It's a little disconcerting when your wife bounces up to you with a giggle in her voice and excitedly proclaims, "I just fell down the stairs!"

At the top of the stairs, there's a small area and then you find yourself at the top of the grand staircase.

My only complaint about it that I have is that because you go in through a side entrance, your first view of the famous grand staircase is from the first landing on it.
I would much rather have preferred to come upon the staircase from below... but, oh well.
It didn't diminish it, but....

How would you like to start Splash Mountain with the big drop and then finish with all the little ones afterwards? KWIM?

At the base of the stairs, looking back.

And finally, looking towards the grand staircase as you would see it if you came in through the front entrance.

Can't you just see Lon Chaney disguised as The Red Death descending those stairs?

And finally, the view from the floor above.

The opera is a maze of hallways and nooks and crannies.
But everywhere you look, is opulence.
Example. An out of the way room had this for a ceiling.

Or this side hallway.

Elle was in her glory, too. Since there were costumes worn by famous ballerinas or worn for famous ballets interspersed throughout.

On the second level, at the front of the Opera, is one of the most beautiful rooms in all of France.
The Grand Foyer was designed as the meeting place of the who's who of Paris.

The wealthy and influential of Paris would congregate in this room to see and be seen.

Brings "Keeping up with the Joneses" to a whole new level, doesn't it?

At either end of the foyer are fireplaces surmounted with paintings.

One of the doors leading back to the grand staircase overlook.

The painted ceiling was amazing. It represents various periods in the history of music. Here's one of the sections.

Turning away from the interior of the Opera, you can venture outdoors in good weather and look down Avenue de l'Opera as far as the Louvre. This shot is taken outside the Opera looking down the length of the front of the building.

So all this is pretty overwhelming.

But really, wouldn't it be awesome if you could see the actual auditorium?
You know the one with the famous chandelier?

Chandelier?

Chandelier!

Wouldn't it be cool to see the chandelier... if it even exists?
Or does it exist only in the imagination of Gaston Leroux and all those who've read his famous novel?
Or those who've seen any of the movies...
or the brilliant Andrew Lloyd Webber production?

Wanna see if it's real? Or imagined.

The auditorium seats just under 2,000. Compared to today's huge theaters, it's fairly small.
But if you look to the left, or (more clearly) the right of the stage, you can see the boxes, one of which the Phantom supposedly inhabited.
Those boxes were reserved for the most important and influential of all.
The boxes actually are among the worst seats for viewing the operas, but the point was to be seen. Not to see.

You can perhaps imagine yourself seated in the audience.

Your eyes are irresistibly drawn to those ornate boxes and their occupants.

What?
You don't see a chandelier?
Just some little lights?

Will this do?

Yes, this is THE chandelier.
All 7 tons of bronze and crystal.
It was actually a departure from traditional side lighting and was criticized for blocking the view from some fourth level seats.
It also blocked the view of the ceiling from below.

Speaking of the ceiling, the painting is fairly new, completed in 1964.
It's a false frame that sits over (or should that be under) the original painted ceiling from 1872.

A smaller replica of the original ceiling can be seen in the museum section, adjacent to the library.

What do you think?
While the new ceiling certainly is bright and colorful, I personally prefer the original.
Suits the building/room more IMHO.

The famous falling chandelier scene from the book/movie/play was actually inspired by a real event.
In 1896, one of the chandelier's counter-weights broke free and plunged through that ornate ceiling and fell to the seats below.
One theatre goer was killed.

How did I get back onto the 'death' theme again??

Back to cheerier thoughts.

Inside the Opera is a Ballet Costume display area, a museum displaying the various stage sets and a library.

Wouldn't you like a library like that in your home?
Of course you would.

At the end of the library, against the far wall, I spotted a painting and asked Elle to pose in front of it.

She obliged.

Only later, after we had arrived back in Canada and I was looking through the pictures did I notice something odd....

Elle's hands were held in an awkward position.
To my (admittedly untrained) eye, it looked very un-ballet like.
I was going to ask her, "What's with the hands? Were you acting silly?"

Then I noticed the hands in the portrait.
She did that without looking at that picture for more then a couple of seconds.

Sometimes my kids amaze the heck out of me.

Holy PRAC (better, Heather?) I'm running out of picture space, so...

...Continued next post....

Last edited by pkondz; 02-26-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #319
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

A journey through a strange new world… continued…

After we were all done having our minds completely blown at the Opera
(and me mentally adding a tick mark next to that item on my bucket list),
we meandered (well, they meandered. I sashayed) a few blocks down the street.

Oh. Almost forgot!
One more Disneyish item!

Yes, when we left the Opera, we exited through the gift shop.

Just down the street from the Opera was another site that was listed as a "must see".

We went to the mall.

No, really.
We did.

Now normally my idea of going to the mall, is getting in, going straight to the store that has what I want, by the shortest route possible, getting the item as quickly as possible, then getting the heck out of there as fast as my legs will carry me.

So going willingly to the mall is, shall we say, a little out of character for me.

But I had my reasons. Three actually.

1. It was really close to the Opera. I mean, we were practically already there.
2. I'd read that you could go up onto the roof and have a really nice view of Paris.
3. Well.... You'll see.

The name of the "mall" is Galeries Lafayette. Built in 1912, it's an upscale shopping center.

Ruby took one look at some of the name brands that were being offered and immediately decided not to bother trying to shop.

Score!

I mean... isn't that too bad? :

We rode the escalators up to the top floor then climbed a flight of stairs to get up to the roof.
Here's the view.

Worth it?

I thought so.

The building dominating the scene in the foreground is the Opera house.

We then descended a few flights and sat and had some french (naturally) pastries and something to drink.

Here's reason #3 for going here. The view from where we ate the pastries.
This is the "mall".

And the dome that tops it all

Another view of the dome

Was it a 'bucket list' item?
Well, no. But I'm really glad we were close enough that we could go see it.

When we were done gawking and stuffing our pie holes with pastry, we hopped back onto the metro and went back to the hotel.

As mentioned, Kay was in a really good mood and was ready and raring to go.

There was something that she had said she wanted to do in Paris and now it was her turn.

We headed back towards Sacre Coeur.
Here's another shot of if from a different angle.

Remember those sketch artists from Chapter 4?
Kay really wanted to have her portrait done.

And not by just anyone.
She was very particular.
She walked from one to the other, examining their artistry as they worked.

Finally, she decided on "that man with the green shirt".

Only problem was "that man with the green shirt", while seemingly talented enough to meet her criteria, was also otherwise engaged in his craft at the moment.

Ruby and I discussed it and we decided to go grab some lunch first, then come back afterwards. Hopefully by then "that man with the green shirt" would be free and Kay could get her portrait done.

I think there were better and more skilled artists a little farther on at Place du Tertre, but she wasn't interested in paintings or an overly done portrait.
She just wanted a sketch.

Well, it's her money.

We stopped at a little bistro and had a really friendly waiter.
He was always joking around with us when he took our drink and dining orders, or came by to check on us.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.
The tales you've heard of the rude Parisian may be true... but we never encountered any.

I don't remember what everyone had, but I do remember that Elle was on a mission to have crêpes before we left Paris.
And that's what she had.
I think Kay did too.
And I don't recall what Ruby and I had. Omelettes again, maybe?

I think it was our first meal where everyone had 'french' food (as opposed to french fries?)

When we were done eating, we headed back to find "that man with the green shirt".

Of course we couldn't find him.

There was another guy, though, who was doing a woman's portrait.
Kay (and Ruby and I) thought he was really good, so she decided to go with him, once he was done.

While we were watching him sketch, another man walked up to us and asked if we'd like to have our sketches done.
We started to say no, but he told us that his price was fifty Euros for a sketch, but only twenty five for students (meaning Elle and Kay).
If we didn't like it, we didn't have to pay.

I looked at Kay, she looked at me. I asked to clarify, "So if we don't like it, we don't pay?"

Yup. That's what he said. So Kay decided to do it, without seeing what he could do.

Well, if it's really bad, we'll just walk away.
I don't care how loudly he might complain, I can walk away.
He made the rules, not me.

Kay getting her portrait done.

And the finished product.

I was impressed with how good it was.

The funny thing?
The guy that we all thought was really good, finished his portrait of the young lady.

Have you ever taken a penny and placed it under a piece of paper, then rubbed the paper with a pencil?
You know how the image of the penny comes through?

He must've been doing his portrait on some kind of lined backing, because the finished product had all these parallel lines through it.

Plus, it looked more like him then it did of her.

When she complained, he explained how he related to her and it was his vision of the two of them together.
Hopefully she didn't get fleeced for too much money.

I guess in hindsight it's slightly obvious.
Our guy was middle aged and concentrated on what he was doing.
This other guy was probably in his early twenties and was joking with the 'model' the whole time.

When she saw how Kay's portrait turned out
Elle decided to get her portrait done, too.

I think she would've preferred to have it done with her hair down, but it was a last minute decision.

When Elle's portrait was finished (sorry, I don't have a pic), we saw "that man with the green shirt".
Kay didn't appear to be too upset about not getting him.

I was so pleased with the portraits that when I approached the artist, I asked again if it was fifty euros (for both).
He looked at me with some trepidation and nodded yes.

I think he thought I was going to try and get the price down.

I gave him sixty.

Ya know. The smile on his face was easily worth the ten euros it cost.
When we took our leave, he was all, "Thank you! Thank you so much, my friends! Au revoir! Merci!"

Worth it.

So Kay wasn't too upset at refinding green shirt dude.

What was going to upset her was...

It was starting to rain.

Just a couple of drops at first... but I could see that it was going to pour pretty powerfully, pardner.

porry

I mean, 'sorry'.

We ran underneath an overhang at Sacre Coeur and waited it out.
No sooner had we arrived then the rest of humanity decided that was a good idea and joined us.

It was really quite cozy there for a while.

Luckily the rain only lasted five minutes or so, and blue skies came back and we were on our way back to the hotel.

I was still a little worried about the weather, though.

Because I had a fun... and expensive... and pre-paid... activity booked for the evening.

C ya

Oh, and did anyone figure out the chapter title?
How about before you Googled it?

Last edited by pkondz; 02-26-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #320
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Wow!!! The pics from L'Opera are excellent! And the mall...??? Crazy!

And I always meant to tell you that we have a cat named Ellie.

Yes, I had to google the chapter name.

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #321
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Wow!!! The pics from L'Opera are excellent! And the mall...??? Crazy!

And I always meant to tell you that we have a cat named Ellie.

Yes, I had to google the chapter name.
Thanks!

But...

I have good news, and I have bad news.

The bad news is Elle is only her DISboards name...

However!
She has a guinea pig that she's had for about 4 months now.
The pig's name is Ellie.

So, still a win, right?

Old 10-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #322
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Is a guinea pig really a pig??? I think its more like a rodent. Our Ellie's probably wouldn't get along.

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #323
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

Pretty well speechless and it's a mall!

Quote:

[COLOR="Blue"][B]

Will this do?

Oh this will more than do.

I'm just overwhelmed by everything. Such gorgeous shots and I actually read on first look this time. OMG, I just out and out lied. This is my second look. The photos did overwhelm me again!!! I have more to say at some point - it's all just exquisite.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-10-2013 at 07:19 AM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #324
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I often find myself in the "we're on vacation dang it, and you're going to enjoy every freakin second of it!" mode quite often on family vacations.
It's good that you were able to snap out of if for a while.

The opera house is beautiful! No one does glitz like the French!

The view from the mall is amazing! I can only guess how expensive the stores are in there.....they probably charge you just to breathe the same air.
winkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #325
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Is a guinea pig really a pig??? I think its more like a rodent. Our Ellie's probably wouldn't get along.
Yeah, it's a rodent.... but saying you have a rodent in your house is not as socially acceptable as saying you have a pig.

Or maybe not.

Anyway, whenever Elle brings Ellie (aka Ellie-May) out, we all yell out, "PIG!!!"

so that makes it pretty official, right?

And I dunno about them not getting along.
I think your Ellie would really enjoy Elle's Ellie.

Elle and her pig might not be too thrilled, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Pretty well speechless and it's a mall!
I know, right? The mall down the street doesn't look like that.
Maybe I should complain.

Quote:
Oh this will more than do.
phew! I was worried that you'd want pics of us hanging off of it.

Doable.

Quote:
I'm just overwhelmed by everything. Such gorgeous shots and I actually read on first look this time.
Hey! Good for you! Way to not get drawn in by the pictures this time.
I'm really, really proud of you.
You've shown great fortitude and a truly amazing amount of self control!

Way to go!!

Quote:
OMG, I just out and out lied. This is my second look. The photos did overwhelm me again!!!

Oh.

nevermind.

Quote:
I have more to say at some point - it's all just exquisite.
Exquisite?

Thanks!
You're forgiven.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #326
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I often find myself in the "we're on vacation dang it, and you're going to enjoy every freakin second of it!" mode quite often on family vacations.
Ah. So you understand.

I felt so alone there, for a while.

so alone.

Quote:
It's good that you were able to snap out of if for a while.
Oh, I'm definitely not done snapping on this vacation.

nope.

Quote:
The opera house is beautiful! No one does glitz like the French!
You're not kidding! It's all just so... so...

so French!

Quote:
The view from the mall is amazing! I can only guess how expensive the stores are in there.....they probably charge you just to breathe the same air.
Nope! We fooled them!
We rented scuba tanks and brought our own air in.

We also each wore an eye patch so we got a 50% discount on looking, and we hopped on one leg and got another 50% off!

And naturally we told the kids, "No touching! Anything!"

We saved a bundle!!

Old 10-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #327
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Hey! Good for you! Way to not get drawn in by the pictures this time.
I'm really, really proud of you.
You've shown great fortitude and a truly amazing amount of self control!

Way to go!!

Oh.

nevermind.

That was so good I became extremely paranoid and thought I double lied at some point.

Quote:

Exquisite?

Thanks!
You're forgiven.
Yeah. All is now well with my world.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #328
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Ponzi, that part about getting out of the hotel was really funny, LOL. Reminded me of president Bush.

Wow, what amazing pictures. When we went on our honeymoon back in 1970, we just went, we had no clue, no guide books, nothing. We missed a whole lot more than I realized.

And those pics of your girls are just great. Helps to have beautiful models
Old 10-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #329
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Ponzi, that part about getting out of the hotel was really funny, LOL. Reminded me of president Bush.
Right about the 4:30 mark...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfGbVpiIzvA

Quote:
Wow, what amazing pictures. When we went on our honeymoon back in 1970, we just went, we had no clue, no guide books, nothing. We missed a whole lot more than I realized.
That's how pretty much everybody used to do it.
Now you just Google "What to see in ______" and there ya go.

Quote:
And those pics of your girls are just great. Helps to have beautiful models
You'll get no argument from me!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: