Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
candyrn
Earning My Ears

Need some advice

Our 6th trip to the world is planned for January. We are a family of 5. Usually stay at POR, with one stay at Music in the family suite. Considering a cabin at Fort Wilderness, thinking it would be nice to have the extra space. What concerns me is the size of this resort. We will have our own vehicle, but we do like using Disney buses, especially for MK. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I've asked the family, but they don't care where they stay as long as there is a pool (we're from the northeast so fl in jan is hot) and a place to sleep.
candyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

The MK is easy to get to from FW -- they have their own launch -- it is a fun ride and we enjoy coming and going. We always rent a golf cart so that we can traverse the spacious grounds without having to depend on the internal bus system - a car is good for going from FW to the parks, but not usable inside FW itself.

Tom

KonaKaiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
browniemtb
DIS Veteran

Fort Wilderness Cabins are awesome.....this was our last trip before we bought into DVC. At the time we were a family of 4 and the kids loved the golf cart ride to the boat. Easy trip to MK. Since you are not allowed to drive around in the resort the golf cart comes in handy...the other parks we drove to. Since this trip though, we have not rented a car. No need once you get used to Disney transportation.

Thank God for DVC!
DD13 DD11 DS6 DS3
browniemtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
ls1jt
Earning My Ears

I love Fort Wilderness. The cabins are like your own private house and it is super quiet there. Lots to see and do. Golf Carts help, but can be pricey..

Getting to the parks takes a bus ride or two, but honestly I don't mind the bus system. It beats me driving myself and it's all part of the experience. Hope you decide on the cabins, super neat vacation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: