Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #166
sbarisch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
Personally, I found the pillowcases scratchy last week.
Was just at POFQ last week of September, and while I LOVED the resort, the beds were really uncomfortable. My husband and I both left with major back and shoulder issues. We had stayed at CSR last year and the beds there were quite comfortable. Sure hope POFQ can get some better mattresses or back to CSR we go!

*1990-Off-site *1993-Off-site *2005-Off-site *2012-Coronado Springs Resort *2013-Port Orleans French Quarter *2014-Caribbean Beach Resort
sbarisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #167
korkelsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
Personally, I found the pillowcases scratchy last week.
oh no!! That's what I am scared of...I can't handle scratchy! eekkk!
korkelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #168
korkelsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarisch View Post
Was just at POFQ last week of September, and while I LOVED the resort, the beds were really uncomfortable. My husband and I both left with major back and shoulder issues. We had stayed at CSR last year and the beds there were quite comfortable. Sure hope POFQ can get some better mattresses or back to CSR we go!

How was the bedding...I am a bedding snob and I am so scared it's thin and scratchy. I have stayed at CSR and theirs is really comfortable so I am thinking of switching.
korkelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #169
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarisch View Post
All I can say is ugh!!! So not what I want to hear

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #170
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

After a full day at Disney you should be able to fall asleep on a rock! I have never had a problem with any of the beds or bedding.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #171
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

We've stayed at most (no AS) Disney Resorts multiple times since 1981... The only beds I found uncomfortable were at POP - definitely too hard - housekeeping brought up an egg crare and made up the bed...then it was very comfy. The pull put couch at SSR was awful - that thing was literally hard as a rock - even an egg crate did not help.

FQ and POR had pillow top mattresses last time we stayed there - very comfy.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #172
tigger&tigerlover
Mouseketeer

I'm going to POFQ for the first time December 2-10 and I can't wait!!

I've traveled a lot, and I've found that packing a pillowcase in my luggage helps tremendously. It not only prevents any possibility of a scratchy pillowcase, it will also smell like home. The pillowcase takes very little space, and housekeeping will just leave the pillowcase and make up the bed with it on there. I do make sure it's a dark pillowcase so it won't be mistaken for one of the hotels and accidentally removed.

Is it December yet???
Old 10-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #173
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
After a full day at Disney you should be able to fall asleep on a rock! I have never had a problem with any of the beds or bedding.
Neither have I. In fact neither has my DD when she was younger stretching out and falling asleep on the floor en route to the bed

However, not to make light of the situation; I do appreciate that for some, the bed and bedding would have a huge impact on their sleep

I find POFQ beds really comfortable though. Maybe we just pack too much into a day at the parks and are too tired to notice
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #174
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post

All I can say is ugh!!! So not what I want to hear
Pofq is my favorite resort hands down BUT I have always hated their bed and hard pillows
Old 10-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #175
summerlady
DIS Veteran

We've always found the beds and pillows comfortable at POFQ. We have a pillow top at home and I actually prefer the beds at the resort. I also LOVE the smell of the towels, including the pool towels. It may just be the "Disney Kool-Aid" but I wish I knew what they use to make them smell so good.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #176
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Neither have I. In fact neither has my DD when she was younger stretching out and falling asleep on the floor en route to the bed

However, not to make light of the situation; I do appreciate that for some, the bed and bedding would have a huge impact on their sleep

I find POFQ beds really comfortable though. Maybe we just pack too much into a day at the parks and are too tired to notice
A bit off topic but I noticed that you quit smoking. Congratulations! DH and I quit together 21 months ago and love being smoke free. We've gotten through 2 trips to WDW, a hurricane, and a few unpleasant events and haven't been tempted to start again. We also have SO much more time at WDW now that we're not always searching for and spending time in DSAs! Keep up the good job! Plus, the fast walk to Soarin' and TSM are lots easier now that we can breathe so much easier.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #177
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger&tigerlover View Post
I'm going to POFQ for the first time December 2-10 and I can't wait!! I've traveled a lot, and I've found that packing a pillowcase in my luggage helps tremendously. It not only prevents any possibility of a scratchy pillowcase, it will also smell like home. The pillowcase takes very little space, and housekeeping will just leave the pillowcase and make up the bed with it on there. I do make sure it's a dark pillowcase so it won't be mistaken for one of the hotels and accidentally removed. Is it December yet???
What a great idea! I'll make sure to pack one

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #178
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
A bit off topic but I noticed that you quit smoking. Congratulations! DH and I quit together 21 months ago and love being smoke free. We've gotten through 2 trips to WDW, a hurricane, and a few unpleasant events and haven't been tempted to start again. We also have SO much more time at WDW now that we're not always searching for and spending time in DSAs! Keep up the good job! Plus, the fast walk to Soarin' and TSM are lots easier now that we can breathe so much easier.
Thanks. I have my ticker on the DIS but in my 'real' life have told nobody. This is attempt no. 25 at least I had to do it far out from my trip because being at WDW has always been my downfall so I need the habit to be well gone. You will see from the ticker though that I have now saved nearly enough to pay for our tandem parasailing on Bay Lake Running and the stepping machine have become my new addiction. Your encouragement means a lot. You must have known. it's been a rough day

Apologies to all for using this as a therapy board lol
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #179
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Thanks. I have my ticker on the DIS but in my 'real' life have told nobody. This is attempt no. 25 at least I had to do it far out from my trip because being at WDW has always been my downfall so I need the habit to be well gone. You will see from the ticker though that I have now saved nearly enough to pay for our tandem parasailing on Bay Lake Running and the stepping machine have become my new addiction. Your encouragement means a lot. You must have known. it's been a rough day

Apologies to all for using this as a therapy board lol
Sorry for hijacking the POFQ thread, but it sort of has something to do with the resort and DSAs. Anyway, good for you, keep up the good work. I tried to quit lots of times before too, and this time it worked. Between DH and I we've saved almost $10,000 already. Amazing. Tomorrow will be better and it does get easier.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #180
Inklight
Earning My Ears

I am thrilled POFQ was part of today's SPD deal ... after this Fall's Free Dining promo, I wasn't expecting to have this option. But, today I booked our first stay here in February. Woo Hoo!

We were in POR last June and loved it! Wanted to try a different time of year ... maybe with less crowds and less heat! LOL! Excited to try this new (to us) resort!

Last edited by Inklight; 10-08-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Inklight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: