Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #2716
mmparrott
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Yay!!! We arrive Oct 19 (staying at Pop) and have not received the "no fridge" letter in the mail yet. Has anyone else staying at Pop around the same time received one?
We check in oct 19th at POP also & received a letter a few weeks back about possible not fridge. Hope there will be one...
Old 10-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #2717
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippleglrl
I apologize if this question has been previously asked , but after looking through the thread I haven't seen the answer. We are staying at POP for 5 nights with a free dining package and tickets already paid. What charges do I need to prepare for in my budget for the week (apart from tips)- are there any fees, etc? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
No fees. We have done the dining plan many times and the only thing we spend money on are tips, alcohol (if you drink), souvenirs, and any extra food, snacks our drinks you may want beyond what's included in the dining plan (which shouldn't bee much if any....it's a lot of food!). I love being on the dining plan because it lets me have a very small spending budget once we arrive at Disney!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #2718
Rippleglrl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
No fees. We have done the dining plan many times and the only thing we spend money on are tips, alcohol (if you drink), souvenirs, and any extra food, snacks our drinks you may want beyond what's included in the dining plan (which shouldn't bee much if any....it's a lot of food!). I love being on the dining plan because it lets me have a very small spending budget once we arrive at Disney!
Thanks so much!!!! Only a few weeks left and getting so excited
Old 10-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #2719
Grumpy4196
Earning My Ears

Currently staying at POP in 50's building 2. Sadly no fridge though. For anyone interested current BB offer is free dining next 8/20 - 9/29. We are already returning next Thanksgiving so won't be using that one.
1998- Caribbean Beach
2001, 2011 - All-Star Movies
2003- All-Star Sports
2007, 2013, 2014 - Pop Century
Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #2720
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile Pop is our favorite resort!

In answer to a couple of questions I just saw on this forum:
.We just came back from 2 weeks at POP and if you are on the dining plan, have park tickets and POP lodging, there are no other costs from WDW. However, the stores have a lot of STUFF to buy!!! You will have fun in the Everything POP store - we think it is a very good one.
.The POP buses were very good - we were there in a low crowd timeframe but the buses were there within 5-10 minutes of walking over to the line.
.Bring RAIN ponchos - it can rain at any afternoon down there. One day it opened up while we were in the bowling ball pool and it was fun!
.Love bugs were just started coming out when we left at the end of Sept. so I imagine they are out now.
.Expect a lot of people at Epcot due to F&W Festival - the crowds were just starting when we left but there was a noticeable difference at Epcot.
.Parking is a pain in DTD. Construction has left them short of spaces so go early.
Have fun!

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #2721
chrishatton
Disney Dad

We're Here

Live from POP!

Staying in the Sixties. Fridge is in. New TV. New Bedding. Staff have been great. Thunderstorm and showers in MK yesturday. Didn't get a drop of rain on us. The rain respectfully held itself to while we we in/on Space Mountain and while we ate at Pecos Bills.

Cheers!

POP 10/07/2013.......POP '08......Off Site '78
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #2722
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

Hummmm, we arrive on the 19th and have requested 50's bldg but I don't think anyone has posted about having a new fridge in 50's yet, not to say they won't be installed over the next two weeks. I may change us to 60's because a new fridge and new bedding would be fantastic :-)
I have a small order being delvrd from Garden Grocer for DD (picky eater) and a working fridge would make food storage much easier than a softsided cooler. We have never stayed at Pop before so I don't have my heart set on any particular bldg. There are ALOT of us on here staying at Pop and arriving on or around the 19th, anyone else thinking of changing up their bldg request in order to possible get a working fridge and cozy new bedding? LOL

Old 10-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #2723
JamieLM
Mouseketeer

What construction is being done at POP and when is it expected to be complete?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #2724
iluvjus
Earning My Ears

Staying at pop arriving the 20th. Looks like we are going to have a very busy week!!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #2725
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLM
There is no construction going on. Only thing happening is replacing fridges and bedding. Which can occur while you are at the parks.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #2726
no capes darling
I never look back, it distracts from the now

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker93 View Post
In answer to a couple of questions I just saw on this forum:
.We just came back from 2 weeks at POP and if you are on the dining plan, have park tickets and POP lodging, there are no other costs from WDW. However, the stores have a lot of STUFF to buy!!! You will have fun in the Everything POP store - we think it is a very good one.
.The POP buses were very good - we were there in a low crowd timeframe but the buses were there within 5-10 minutes of walking over to the line.
.Bring RAIN ponchos - it can rain at any afternoon down there. One day it opened up while we were in the bowling ball pool and it was fun!
.Love bugs were just started coming out when we left at the end of Sept. so I imagine they are out now.
.Expect a lot of people at Epcot due to F&W Festival - the crowds were just starting when we left but there was a noticeable difference at Epcot.
.Parking is a pain in DTD. Construction has left them short of spaces so go early.
Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLM View Post
If you're talking about what I highlighted in red, that's at Downton Disney.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #2727
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I'll be there a week from today! I haven't even started packing yet, which is odd for me, but I have a business trip to take from Thursday through Sunday... Next Monday I'll have to go to the laundromat and THEN pack for WDW. I've NEVER packed the day before a trip before. The idea terrifies me.

I'm hoping to have the new bedding, I really despise hotel bedspreads. I didn't request a specific building or section, just lake view and ground floor.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #2728
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

35 days for me. Still trying to decide if I want to request a building, floor, or king bed. I was thinking 50s, but my last stay in the 50s I couldn't have been further from EVERYTHING, so I don't know if I want to request that. Maybe 60s lakeview high floor?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #2729
bullcat_02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
No it's not just you. I tried last week a billion times to do online check-in for my AKV stay (that's tacked onto the end of this pop stay) and it never worked. So I tried to update my Pop online check-in hoping that was somehow the problem and it would get stuck at the CC part or give me an error at the very end. Luckily the Pop had my online checkin info afterall and they had me all setup when I arrived.
So even though my cc did not go through and I had to end up calling to finish paying for my reservation, I can get in the online check-in line? I have a fear of getting in that line and then the cast member telling me that I have to get in the long, regular check-in line. Before we called we gave it a few days to see if the payment would go through and it never did. The online check-in button was gone though.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #2730
JamieLM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
There is no construction going on. Only thing happening is replacing fridges and bedding. Which can occur while you are at the parks.
Thank you all!! I must have gotten confused with all the posts about the refrigerators. That's neat, will they complete the update to rooms by February you think?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: