Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer
 
pittsburghmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 218

Connecting room questions

Just got a FDing pin and comparing cost between AS music suite and connecting value rooms (2 adults/3 kids)...connecting is coming in around $300 less than a suite. Plus I like the idea of everyone getting a bed vs pullout. Question is, how would this work for our dining credits (quick serve)? Would dh and I have to both be in line and place seperate orders since we'll each technically have separate rooms/kttw cards? Or will we be able to somehow combine our credits at checkin? Also, would this affect FP+ in any way?
pittsburghmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Would dh and I have to both be in line and place seperate orders since we'll each technically have separate rooms/kttw cards?
No, you wouldn't have to do it that way. Although you could. When we've done the connecting rooms with FD we would just use up all the dining credits connected with my room and KTTW during the beginning of the trip. Then switch over and use the dining credits connected with my wife's room and KTTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Or will we be able to somehow combine our credits at checkin?
You won't be able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Also, would this affect FP+ in any way?
I doubt it, but not sure as we have not been down since FP+ has been in use.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer
 
pittsburghmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No, you wouldn't have to do it that way. Although you could. When we've done the connecting rooms with FD we would just use up all the dining credits connected with my room and KTTW during the beginning of the trip. Then switch over and use the dining credits connected with my wife's room and KTTW.


e.
Thank you for the response. So it would be possible to order 2a/2c meals in one transaction even though the room key would only have 1a/1c? Sorry if I am being dense, but I want to be clear on this before I make a decision
pittsburghmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Thank you for the response. So it would be possible to order 2a/2c meals in one transaction even though the room key would only have 1a/1c? Sorry if I am being dense, but I want to be clear on this before I make a decision
Yup.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 23,086

Keep in mind connecting rooms are not guaranteed. There is a small chance you will end up with rooms that don't connect, and you and your husband will have to each sleep in a different room.

Be careful to when making your price comparisons. To make it even you have to compare 2 preferred rooms to the family suite, as all family suites are in the preferred section of the All Star Music. If you are ok with a non preferred location than the 2 rooms can save you a good bit of money. But if you would rather have preferred rooms the savings are minimal.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.