Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #11
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
I realize it hasn't been implanted yet.

It does NOT seem like an evolving program to me, especially with people telling me it's here it's staying and get used to it.

Granted I'm not a fortune teller about the lines but I am using my knowledge of what we have went through in the past to get things do things and that's BEFORE this system is in effect and EVERYONE has to go to the same place makes it all the more worse.

Same thing with the kiosks.

It is difficult for me to say give it a chance when I already know what does and doesn't work for my son. Sure let's go all the way down there (getting my son excited in the process) and when we get there it's a nightmare my son has several meltdowns but I'll put him through all that just for me to confirm what I already know about my son, he can't do this. Forgive me for being "ranty" but I'm the only one who can when it comes to my son because he can't do it for himself.
The reason I called it an evolving program is that ever since the first hint of the new system was posted here, there have been constant updates to what people think and claim to know about how it is to be implemented. Just because it is here to stay does not mean it has not and will not continue to change and be worked on.

Some of the changes so far:

First, there were going to be kiosks in WDW and DL/DCA and you cannot get a return time at the attraction.

Then there were not going to be kiosks in WDW and you could get a return time at the attraction.

Then there were going to be kiosks in WDW but you could also get a return time at the attraction.

First you could only get a DAS for 1 day.

Then you could get it for up to 3 days if you were staying onsite.

Then you could get it for the length of your stay if you could prove you were staying for that length of time but AP holders could only get it for 1 day.

Then AP holders could get it for up to 3 days, then 5 days then 2 weeks.

First the DAS holder had to be at the kiosk to request a return time.

Then then DAS golder did not have to be at the kiosk to request a return time.

I could go on, but I hope you get my point about it evolving and that we just simply do not know what to expect on day 1 of the new system. We do not know what to expect on day 30 of the new system, nor on day 180.

And besides, I never said you should drag your son down and see how fast he melts down, what I said was that we should all wait and see how the program is actually implemented before we all fly off our collective handle. That was the wait and see, let's wait and see how Disneyland and Disney World actually handle this new system in reality as opposed to how we all fear they are going to handle it.

And then, at the end of the day if the new system absolutely will not work for you and your son then yes, by all means try and get a refund for the unused portion of your annual passes.

Of course, you should be an advocate for your son but preferential treatment is not something that should be expected or demanded. And really, what the old GAC was giving us was preferential treatment. The new DAS is giving us what we have always claimed to need, an alternate way to wait. We will now be able to wait in an area or manner that gives us equal access to attractions without giving us faster entrance. And if you can't see that, then I really don't have anything else I can say because no matter how much it might pain us to admit it, the old system was not equal access, it was better.

Aug 1999 Honeymoon DLH, Aug 2011 DLH, Mar 2012 PVI
Apr 2013 DI&S, Sept 2013 Castle Inn, Mar 2014 DI&S
Aug 2014 PVI, Feb 2015 GCH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: