Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Question about upgrading resorts

So right now I'm debating between CSR, AKL, and WL. Staying at a deluxe is (only) $400 more.

So lets say I reserved Coronado for now. And in a month or so I realize I can afford to stay at a deluxe. Do i just call, tell them I want to change where I'm staying and all the money I paid for Coronado will be transferred to a deluxe resort? Then i'll obviously owe the extra. Is that how it works? Lol, I don't lose a deposit in that process? It seems like a lot of people do it, so I couldn't imagine you'd have anything to lose!

Next Disney Vacation in the works!

Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
yce22princess
Mouseketeer

Yep! That's pretty much all you'd need to do. As long as it's prior to 45 days before you leave there's no fee/penalty. We switched resorts about 2 months before our last trip and all I made was a phone call. Good luck! We haven't stayed at CSR, but we loved AKL and WL!
yce22princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yce22princess View Post
Yep! That's pretty much all you'd need to do. As long as it's prior to 45 days before you leave there's no fee/penalty. We switched resorts about 2 months before our last trip and all I made was a phone call. Good luck! We haven't stayed at CSR, but we loved AKL and WL!
Okay very cool!!! We will be going in January, and IF we decide to stay at a deluxe, it will be within the next like, 3 weeks or so. I just added another contender, POR! Grrrr

Next Disney Vacation in the works!

Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

If you are upgrading (spending more $$$$) they normally waive the change fee if you are under 45 days.

Also, as long as you are staying with the same type of booking they can transfer over your deposit and any other $$ you've paid. But if you have a room only booked originally then want to upgrade your resort and switch to a package, you will need to cancel your original room only and book a package and pay a new deposit on that. You would get your original room only deposit refunded to you but that could take a couple days.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: