Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom, or Wilderness Lodge?!

I can't decide! Do we stay at Coronado? Or do we spend about $400 more to stay at AKL or WL?!? I like how all of them look! Advice please!

I like the beachyness of Coronado, and it seems like a perfectly nice place to stay, but i can't help to think i'm so close to being able to stay at a deluxe

I love, LOVE African animals, however we have a resort (kinda) near us called Kalahari which is totally African themed, however its not Disney

DBF and I also love camping and whatnot, so WL could be nice too, ahhh! Help! haha

Next Disney Vacation in the works!

Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post
I can't decide! Do we stay at Coronado? Or do we spend about $400 more to stay at AKL or WL?!? I like how all of them look! Advice please!

I like the beachyness of Coronado, and it seems like a perfectly nice place to stay, but i can't help to think i'm so close to being able to stay at a deluxe

I love, LOVE African animals, however we have a resort (kinda) near us called Kalahari which is totally African themed, however its not Disney

DBF and I also love camping and whatnot, so WL could be nice too, ahhh! Help! haha
We've never stayed at CSR, but we love both WL and AKL and the extra $400 would definitely be worth it for us. If it were me, I'd go with either WL or AKL. You really can't go wrong with either one as they are both great resorts. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We've never stayed at CSR, but we love both WL and AKL and the extra $400 would definitely be worth it for us. If it were me, I'd go with either WL or AKL. You really can't go wrong with either one as they are both great resorts. Good luck.
Can i ask why it would be worth it?? Why are those (or any deluxes) preferred?? Is one more out of the way than the other??

Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
FirstTimeDisneyVisit
Mouseketeer

We faced the same question ourselves on our last trip. My df had always wanted to stay at AKL so we went for it and we loved it ! Just waking up every day and seeing the animals roam around was worth it. The resort is beautiful and the pool is fantastic. Good luck and enjoy

September 2011 - All Star Sports
September 2012 - Coronado Springs Resort
September 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

FirstTimeDisneyVisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can i ask why it would be worth it?? Why are those (or any deluxes) preferred?? Is one more out of the way than the other??
We love the deluxes as we spend a lot of time at the resort and we enjoy the extra amenities they provide (larger room, alternate transportation options, signature restaurants), so the extra cost to stay at them is worth it to us for those reasons. WL and AKL are great as they are deluxe resorts, but are cheaper than the monorail and Epcot resorts. WL is great as it's very convenient to MK via boat (or bus) and is also convenient to the CR where you can hop on the monorail and visit the Poly and GF. AKL is kind of out away from everything, but we liked it as we found it to be quiet and peaceful. The buses were great (IMO) as they only go to AKL and Kidani, so there's no sharing with any other resort(s).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
Babsy
DIS Veteran

I would stay at either WL or CSR. If I was staying as far away as AKL, I would save the $$$ and stay at CSR in a preferred room. It is a beautiful resort. WL is great for easy boat access to the MK, if that is important to you.

If you want a balcony, then WL or AKL are your choices, because mods do not have balconies.

ALL 3 resorts that you are looking at are beautiful. We have stayed at all 3 and love them all. It all depends upon your budget and who is going with you on the trip. If you have small children, I would recommend WL or AKL. If adults only then CSR is great!
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

It depends on if you plan on spending any time on the balcony. I have never stayed at the CSR, but have stayed at the WL and AKL. We loved both the lodges!! We had a pool view room at the AKL and were upgraded to a savanna view. We spent a ton of time on the balcony animal watching. At the WL we had a woods view room near the otter pond. We couldn't see the castle, but we could see the fireworks pop through the trees. My DH and I loved relaxing on the balcony, talking about the next day, while the DSs were inside going off to sleep. Plus we loved taking the boat to the MK from the WL. If staying at either the AKL or WL isn't a budget buster, I would go for it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the responses!!! I still can't decide...lol
I wouldn't call the extra $400 a 'budget buster' its just thinking i COULD stay at a nice place for $400 less! lol, but Coronado doesn't have indoor hallways...i'd like everything under one roof..it's FLORIDA. It could most definitely rain. haha

Old 10-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at two of the three. We have stayed at the Coronado ten times, the Animal Kingdom once (and will be back there next year for our annual September trip). We have not stayed at WL (not on my list of resorts I want to try at all).

We love the Coronado as is evidenced by ten stays there. We also love AKL and can't wait to be back. If this is going to be a trip that you will spend a lot of time at the parks, I would go with CSR. I would save AKL for when you plan on spending more time at the resort and not just at the parks all day because it has so much to offer.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

Animal Kingdom! The views of the Savanna, the pool, the decor...It's my favorite resort. In fact, we loved it so much on our first visit that we bought DVC
Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #11
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

We just got back from staying at AKV and LOVED it! It's so beautiful! We were in the same situation deciding between resorts and having to pay more for AKV. It's so worth the extra money Not saying anything bad about the other two resorts, I honestly haven't stayed at either one of the other two. I'm sure they are wonderful as well and IMO when it comes to Disney you just can't go wrong But AKV is my favorite resort!

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We have stayed at two of the three. We have stayed at the Coronado ten times, the Animal Kingdom once (and will be back there next year for our annual September trip). We have not stayed at WL (not on my list of resorts I want to try at all).

We love the Coronado as is evidenced by ten stays there. We also love AKL and can't wait to be back. If this is going to be a trip that you will spend a lot of time at the parks, I would go with CSR. I would save AKL for when you plan on spending more time at the resort and not just at the parks all day because it has so much to offer.
I think we will definitely be spending time at the resort! ESPECIALLY if we stay at a deluxe.

I'm definitely leaving towards a deluxe. I wouldn't be able to make reservations for another 2 weeks or so. With the discounts and all, do you think i'd still be safe? Like, ALLLL the rooms in AKL AND WL wouldn't sell out in January right?! lol

Old 10-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #13
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we will definitely be spending time at the resort! ESPECIALLY if we stay at a deluxe.

I'm definitely leaving towards a deluxe. I wouldn't be able to make reservations for another 2 weeks or so. With the discounts and all, do you think i'd still be safe? Like, ALLLL the rooms in AKL AND WL wouldn't sell out in January right?! lol
I don't know about rooms selling out; we rent DVC points and stay that way. Is there a marathon that weekend?

Definitely do AKL if you are planning on resort time...so much to see and do.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #14
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I don't know about rooms selling out; we rent DVC points and stay that way. Is there a marathon that weekend?

Definitely do AKL if you are planning on resort time...so much to see and do.
I don't think there's anything going on while we're there...all the resort prices are at their lowest i believe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: