Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #781
sunfun94
Is it Football season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Can't believe it's almost finally here! We pick the kids up after school tomorrow (Tuesday) and head straight to the airport. Just a few more hours of work today and a 1/2 day tomorrow!!
We may actually be on the same DME bus tomorrow! HAHA! Have a wonderful trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp View Post
It's Disney World, nothing is free, but yes, there is no additional charge.
Cant wait to ask about these! Thanks for the info!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #782
Katelly
Mouseketeer

I swear, if I see a snake at POR I will have a heart attack. I know different people have seem them slither across the path, but what happens if they are slithering toward you?

I read somewhere that the snakes can be up to four feet long. I am deathly afraid of snakes. Luckily I've never seen one at any of the WDW resorts we've stayed at in the past, but I've seen more mention of snakes at POR than anywhere else. I'm not afraid of seeing an alligator and I think the little lizards are cute, but snakes......

I know, I know, it's Florida and it's to be expected, but I'm freaking out about the snake sightings.

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #783
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post

Interesting. I got all my stuff in one envelope.
I've seen people saying it both ways for at least a year now. It's why I was asking what kind of tags they got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

I usually get it in on envelope. They s Renee up my magical express says arrive nov 8 leave nov 11 they didn't recognize our split stay. I'm going to call this morning after physical theray. Thanks for the responses ill probably hav to get It sent separate
Disney does not talk about split stays. They see you as having two separate stays. So you might get two separate DME mailings depending on how it was done on their end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

Resorts are giving thes out ?
Yes. My POR cm gave me ours akin with the packet etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awalker1015 View Post

Thanks!

On that note - POR runners... I usually run really early in the am. We live in CST so it is lighter earlier. I see that sunrise isn't until well after 7am in Orlando. Has anyone run the jogging path before sunrise? If so, did you feel it was safe? Seems a silly question to ask about Disney but you never know....
I believe the jogging path is just the asphalt walking path along the river. It's almost never empty entirely. If I had better night vision I would feel totally safe being out there. Fwiw we left for breakfast before 7am today and although the dregs of sunset were there, it was nicely light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishnDisney View Post
So, I've been perusing the POR threads over the weekend (okay, actually poring over them). Last June was our first trip and we stayed at CSR, business class. It was great. We are booked there for our trip this coming June, but I'm thinking of changing to POR. I'm struggling with deciding on room choices, though. I have 1 teen and one 1 pre-teen son. There will also be DH. I really am not in love with the look of AB rooms. Do you think my boys will die in a Royal Room? As the only female in a home full of men, I am soooo drawn to these rooms. Even if they are "princess" rooms, they are also very Disney and have those cool headboards.

CSR was soooo quiet, we never heard anybody. We were on the back of the building, and we were also very close to everything. I'm toyin with a royal room, river view, but am afraid of getting put at the very end of Paterre so far away from everything.

What to do, what to do...

Lynne
I thought I answered you earlier, whoops... My hubby and son have no problem with the royal rooms and don't find them girly in any way. Sure there are pictures of girls. But our house has those, too.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 10-07-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #784
lovemysons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
So, I've been perusing the POR threads over the weekend (okay, actually poring over them). Last June was our first trip and we stayed at CSR, business class. It was great. We are booked there for our trip this coming June, but I'm thinking of changing to POR. I'm struggling with deciding on room choices, though. I have 1 teen and one 1 pre-teen son. There will also be DH. I really am not in love with the look of AB rooms. Do you think my boys will die in a Royal Room? As the only female in a home full of men, I am soooo drawn to these rooms. Even if they are "princess" rooms, they are also very Disney and have those cool headboards.

CSR was soooo quiet, we never heard anybody. We were on the back of the building, and we were also very close to everything. I'm toyin with a royal room, river view, but am afraid of getting put at the very end of Paterre so far away from everything.

Lynne
I can relate as well, I have two boys, and we stayed in a Royal room last time we were at POR, and they really didn't think it was too girly. The headboards were really special.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #785
bobbie68
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lynne
Hi I just wanted to let you know don't worry about getting the last building in Parterre Place. Our room was assigned there last year. It was really quite nice and very quiet. It is a short walk to the bridge to the main building. Bonus you are very close to French Quarter if you want to use their facilities. The Royal Room was very nice. I don't think it is to feminine at all.
Enjoy.
P.S. We are headed back to POR in August.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #786
mymeme
Mouseketeer

So excited!! We were already booked for Feb with the Disney Visa deal but got a pin today for free dining!! Called and compared and with pin I saved $318. !!!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #787
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymeme View Post
So excited!! We were already booked for Feb with the Disney Visa deal but got a pin today for free dining!! Called and compared and with pin I saved $318. !!!
great surprise, huh?

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
Old 10-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #788
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Two quick questions

Is the water wheel at the Mill back up and turning?

Does anyone have any pics of these glow in the dark sliders for the magic bands?

Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #789
kittyab
DIS Veteran

I ordered or Xmas Party tickets & Photopass+

We leave at midnight for our flight Nov 8
Old 10-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #790
BabiesDaddy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post

Is the water wheel at the Mill back up and turning?

Thanks
Yes, just left Saturday and it was up and running.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #791
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincesswannabe View Post
I saw a post on Facebook that said boats from POR and FQ to Downtown Disney will not be running at times starting Oct 9 through Oct 19? Has anyone else seen this information?

Oct. 9- 4:15 PM- 6:45 PM
Oct. 10-17 10AM- 11 AM and 3:15- 6:45 PM
Oct. 18- 10 AM- 11 AM and 3:15 to closing
Oct. 19- 10 AM- 5:30 PM

There will be additional busses running during these times for roundtrip transportation to these resorts.
I am at POR now. I asked a CM at the registration area about this tonight. At first, she didn't know anything about it, then she looked it up on her computer. First, she said it was only affecting Key West, then she said it was affecting POR....same times mentioned here. So glad you told me, or I never would have known! Going there for dinner Thursday. I think we'll leave before 3 so we can do the boat....will shop before dinner.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #792
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfun94 View Post

We may actually be on the same DME bus tomorrow! HAHA! Have a wonderful trip!! info!
You too! Can't believe it's finally here!!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 10-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #793
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post

I am at POR now. I asked a CM at the registration area about this tonight. At first, she didn't know anything about it, then she looked it up on her computer. First, she said it was only affecting Key West, then she said it was affecting POR....same times mentioned here. So glad you told me, or I never would have known! Going there for dinner Thursday. I think we'll leave before 3 so we can do the boat....will shop before dinner.
So, we've got a 7:30 reservation 10/13 at Raglan Road - guessing we should take the bus and hopefully take the boat home. Thanks for the heads up!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 10-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #794
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff
Man oh man! and I thought all the little lizards that scurry by were enough to give me shivers (I strongly dislike all little creatures!!!) but now to be on the lookout for snakes and gators! yikes!
We loved the anoles so much this year and last that we just today went and got two of them

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #795
jclouti
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to pop my head up to say "Hi". I've been lurking for a couple of weeks to get to know the boards a bit. What a great thread this is! Will be staying at POR with my DH, DS8 and DS5, the last week of Feb. It is their first time there and my first time since I was 11. :-). Can't wait! Thanks for the info you have provided so far. :-)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: