Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
nancy334
Earning My Ears

Smile Animal Kingdom Lodge

We have been to Disney many times but have never stayed at AKL and hubby and I are staying there first part of November. We have reserved an Savanna view room but this is a special trip, end of my cancer treatments and I want to request a room with a great view , Any suggestions as to what floor and trail I should request? Thanks
nancy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy334 View Post
We have been to Disney many times but have never stayed at AKL and hubby and I are staying there first part of November. We have reserved an Savanna view room but this is a special trip, end of my cancer treatments and I want to request a room with a great view , Any suggestions as to what floor and trail I should request? Thanks
I'm sorry I can't suggest a specific floor or savannah, but we stayed in Jambo House last September (5th FL - Thanks Bruce!!) and it was just FABULOUS to stay in a savannah view room! I'm so happy for you! It's a gorgeous resort. Have a great time!

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
kapoof
DIS Veteran

What a nice treat! The zebra trail on the Arusha savannah is very nice. I would get a higher up floor, all the better to see the animals Boma for dinner as well and jiko are not to be missed. Have a great trip and happy healing

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
bek
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on ending your cancer treatments!

I was in almost the last room on Kudu trail, 3rd floor overlooking the Arusha Savannah and loved it. The third floor is the lobby level. I liked not dealing with elevators. I liked that we were closer to the animals but still high enough to get a good view across the savannah.

I think the Arusha Savannah is the nicest. Out toward the ends of Kudu and Zebra Trails are where the animals are fed, so lots hang out towards the ends. But it's a long walk. If you want to be close to the pool and Quick Service, then you want to be on the Zebra side.

But I liked being on the Kudu side because I thought it was quieter. I wouldn't want 3rd floor on either side before the first bank of elevators because then you get all the people heading to the elevators for different floors.

It's a wonderful resort!
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy334 View Post
Arusha view, 2nd floor.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

We have always preferred a higher floor, better views of the whole resort. We really liked the the views of the Arusha Savanna. Last visit we had a view of the Sunset Savanna which wasn't as good but still a nice view.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: