Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

Our two favorites are WL and AKL but since we have a young one still, we prefer WL due to proximity of the parks. Poly is a favorite too but we voted WL for next Thanksgiving due to the construction and the fact we did not want to rent a car.
mrsp1030 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #17
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

Wow! Such interesting perspectives! I have not consider WL but I will look into it. Convenience is definitely number 1 for us!!! Poly has been so perfect but for a few reasons we are going to try something new! I have stayed at CS and CBR before as well as Swan/Dolphin and I love NOT having to bus it everywhere so that is a big factor in my decision. Also will consider GF. It has seemed a little too stuffy for our taste but might be worth a try. Sigh, decisions decisions! LOL!

Oh, also I was not considering pool as part of the equation. Is November still hot typically?
jaz0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticdisneylovers
We love CR TP view rooms It's all about watching the fireworks from our balcony. We enjoy being so close to MK.
This!
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #19
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
Wow! Such interesting perspectives! I have not consider WL but I will look into it. Convenience is definitely number 1 for us!!! Poly has been so perfect but for a few reasons we are going to try something new! I have stayed at CS and CBR before as well as Swan/Dolphin and I love NOT having to bus it everywhere so that is a big factor in my decision. Also will consider GF. It has seemed a little too stuffy for our taste but might be worth a try. Sigh, decisions decisions! LOL!

Oh, also I was not considering pool as part of the equation. Is November still hot typically?
Your family sounds similar to ours. We also love Poly -- but it's nice to switch things up and stay at an Epcot resort too and see things from a different perspective. It's all about location -- you can walk to both Epcot and HS. If you're not in a hurry, go in Epcot for a bit and then monorail over to MK. Again, it's not a quick route to MK, but it's fun and our family enjoys it (and we get to avoid taking a bus).

We've been to Disney in November a few times and it has been hit or miss weather for us, but for the most part we can swim in the afternoon time frame.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

We are POLY loyalists too.

BUT

We are thinking of trying
1. POFQ
2. GR
3. AKL
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Daycogs
Earning My Ears

Location: NJ but born and bred in NYC....still teach there, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
First and foremost Poly is my love and home when I am at WDW! My family will be going next Veterans Day (first time not summer!) Due to all the construction I am considering trying another resort for this trip. I am considering 1. Contemporary for proximity to MK 2. Beach Club for proximity to EPCOT/DHS 3.Any other suggestions? We are a family of 4. Mom, Dad, DS will be 7 and DD will be 4. Ease of travel is a big plus for us!
I encourage you to check out the WL. The Wilderness Lodge is simply stunning. The grounds are gorgeous, the Roaring Fork is good, the Whispering Canyon Cafe is a GOOD time, and Artist's Point is a signature dining experience. The rooms were just upgraded not too long ago! The resort, while not on the monorail, is part of the Magic Kingdom area. It's a 6 minute direct boat ride to the MK and it actually lets you off closer to the entrance than the monorail does. We love it there!!
Daycogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #22
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycogs View Post
I encourage you to check out the WL. The Wilderness Lodge is simply stunning. The grounds are gorgeous, the Roaring Fork is good, the Whispering Canyon Cafe is a GOOD time, and Artist's Point is a signature dining experience. The rooms were just upgraded not too long ago! The resort, while not on the monorail, is part of the Magic Kingdom area. It's a 6 minute direct boat ride to the MK and it actually lets you off closer to the entrance than the monorail does. We love it there!!
I agree about the boat. At close, everybody at MK is trying to crowd onto the monorail or ferry, or wait in long lines for buses. If you're staying at WL, you just stroll down to what feels like your own little dock, and board your own little boat. Especially if it's a launch rather than a cruiser, it almost feels like you're taking one last ride before you reach your hotel.

Bus transportation may not be great, but I love the walk to the WL bus stop, especially with the theme music playing and everything. Even hanging out at the bus stop at WL is fun!
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
Babsy
DIS Veteran

CR and BC are great!!

Our plan was to stay at the Poly buy when we learned of the construction we changed to the CR. I was wondering about switching to the GF, but then learned that with the construction there can also be monorail closures. So I am happy to be staying at CR where you can simply walk to MK whenever you like without transportation worries. The YC/BC is also great with walking distance to Epcot and DHS!!

Location and ease of getting to/from the theme parks is why we stay at deluxe resorts. As far as the hotel itself goes, the mods are every bit as beautiful, IMO
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Our plan was to stay at the Poly buy when we learned of the construction we changed to the CR. I was wondering about switching to the GF, but then learned that with the construction there can also be monorail closures. So I am happy to be staying at CR where you can simply walk to MK whenever you like without transportation worries. The YC/BC is also great with walking distance to Epcot and DHS!!

Location and ease of getting to/from the theme parks is why we stay at deluxe resorts. As far as the hotel itself goes, the mods are every bit as beautiful, IMO
With the monorail being shut down, you lose the easy access to Epcot from the MK resorts. Sure, you can walk to and from the MK from CR, but now you have to take a bus to Epcot.

If I wanted to be at a MK resort right now, I'd take WL. Otherwise, I agree that the Epcot resorts would be best. I've never stayed at BWI, but I love the BCV!
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #25
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycogs View Post
I agree the lobby and grounds of the WL are beautiful. That said, after staying at the Poly, the rooms at the WL seemed tiny. It really made us regret our choice of this hotel.
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: