Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #151
mommajo143
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
I was at WDW this past March and I was able to get a bounce back for this month. So that is only 7 months difference.
thx
We are going for our 4th trip & have never been offered a BB nor did we know to ask. Glad to have this info - thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'
Fall 2014 10 Yr Anniv Trip! planning in progress...

mommajo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #152
MCC Retired
Earning My Ears

Just left POFQ on Thurs. . No BB offer in room pkg. Called 8844 asked for Sept 2014 .
Only offer was the Disney Dining pkg . Being Annual Pass holders we usually book Room Only and
only at AP or FLR discounts closer in without tickets, so no BB for us.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
MCC Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #153
scard192
DIS Veteran

saw this on another thread about the monorail:

"Several resort boats will have shortened schedules
The resorts affected are Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Saratoga Springs. Additional buses will be running during these times.
The boats will not be running during the following times:
October 9: 4:35pm-6:45pm
October 10-17: 10:00am-11:00am and 3:15pm-6:45pm
October 18: 10:00am-11:00am and 3:15pm-closing
October 19: 10:00am-5:30pm"

are they talking about the boat to Downtown Disney? Arriving on the 19th and planned to take the boat to DTD Disney in the afternoon on the 19th.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #154
ICMDGO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

The resorts affected are Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Saratoga Springs. Additional buses will be running during these times.

are they talking about the boat to Downtown Disney? Arriving on the 19th and planned to take the boat to DTD Disney in the afternoon on the 19th.
We arrive on the 19th too and planning to go to Downtown Disney. Maybe we'll bus it there and boat it back.
ICMDGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #155
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

We are going to Disney in February 2014. Last year we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and loved it, but want to save some money this time around. We were booked for POR but for some reason, I kept thinking we should switch to PORFQ. I liked the quaintness of WL and was worried that POR was too big So, I called tonight and we got a standard view on the SPD sale! We saved quite a bit of money. I was surprised to get the SPD deal for PORFQ as I have heard they usually don't have many rooms for the deals available.

Excited to join this group and learn more about PORFQ.
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #156
kjh73
Mouseketeer

Pirate Adventure

Hello, Has anyone's children did the Pirate Adventure? Do you recommend booking ahead of time or is it something you can decide on when you are there. We will be at POFQ from Nov 10-23. Thanks!
kjh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #157
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC Retired View Post
Just left POFQ on Thurs. . No BB offer in room pkg. Called 8844 asked for Sept 2014 .
Only offer was the Disney Dining pkg . Being Annual Pass holders we usually book Room Only and
only at AP or FLR discounts closer in without tickets, so no BB for us.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Just back yesterday there was a bb in the room. Not the flyer like they used to have but a small page in the room folder on the desk. It is for the DDP only.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #158
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hope this doesn't happen in November we use that boat all th time
Old 10-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #159
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

just booked POFQ

I booked POFQ with the S/P/D offer for Visa cardholders. We're going 3/1 to 3/8. I'm excited to check this resort out! We've stayed at Wilderness Lodge and in April we stayed POR in a Royal guest room. We loved POR except it was such a huge resort and everything was very spread out. Looking forward to POFQ being a smaller resort.
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #160
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
I hope this doesn't happen in November we use that boat all th time
the 19th is the only day we planned to go to DTD, thought the kids would really like the boat over.

A bit disappointed in Disney transportation issues. Resort monorail is closing today between 11AM-6PM, every day for "2 week". We have a CM ADR at 5:30 on the 20th and had planned to take the monorail to get there.

not a big deal I guess, but still....
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #161
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
the 19th is the only day we planned to go to DTD, thought the kids would really like the boat over.
Still a good day to go, and you'll have the International Dragon Boat Festival to enjoy there too (which is why the river ferries won't be running, don't want to run into the race boats on the lake!). See http://www.gwndragonboat.com/Default.asp?id=19&l=1 for details. The ferries will be running again in the evening on the 19th to get you back to Port Orleans.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #162
iloveallthingsdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieMandy View Post
I booked POFQ with the S/P/D offer for Visa cardholders. We're going 3/1 to 3/8. I'm excited to check this resort out! We've stayed at Wilderness Lodge and in April we stayed POR in a Royal guest room. We loved POR except it was such a huge resort and everything was very spread out. Looking forward to POFQ being a smaller resort.
You're going to LOVE POFQ!! We, love POR Mansion also but once we tried POFQ we were hooked!! We'll be there for Mardi Gras holidays that week, too. There should be a small parade sometime that week at the resort. Here's a link regarding some of the past events of Mardi Gras week during previous years. http://www.portorleans.org/mardigras.php
iloveallthingsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #163
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveallthingsdisney View Post
You're going to LOVE POFQ!! We, love POR Mansion also but once we tried POFQ we were hooked!! We'll be there for Mardi Gras holidays that week, too. There should be a small parade sometime that week at the resort. Here's a link regarding some of the past events of Mardi Gras week during previous years. http://www.portorleans.org/mardigras.php
That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to check out the resort. I love WL and how the resort isn't spread out, but didn't want to pay so much, so I think POFQ will be a good option for us. We are driving so we'll arrive late afternoon on the 1st and we'll take the boat to DTD for dinner. We always drive but just moved from PA to NC and are very excited to be cutting our drive time in half!
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #164
peel
DIS Veteran

I was at POFQ 9/25-10/2 for an annual trip with my mom. It's our favorite resort! We had a great stay, as always. I did have a couple of complaints. Not horrible, just annoyances.

First, I had requested a fridge because of medication that needs to be refrigerated. We had a new fridge, yay, in which I put a couple bottles of water and my meds. The next morning I realized the fridge was running so cold that the water bottles had blocks of ice inside. I got concerned about my medication, I'm not sure if it freezes if it gets too cold, or whether that level of coldness has some affect on it. I went to turn down the thermostat and found the dial had been removed and a cover had been placed over the hole. It took a while, but I pried the cover off and tried to turn the post (what was left of the temp control) but it wouldn't budge. In the end, it didn't seem to cause any harm to the meds, so all's well that ends well, but I thought this might be of interest to people bringing refrigerated medications.

Second, I was not at all happy with a couple members of the food court staff. Specifically, the two ladies running the bakery station. The phrase "slow as molasses" came to mind while I was waiting 10-15 minutes for them to make more beignets. I wasn't being impatient....I was pretty psyched to get some fresh ones. But the wait had more to do with the speed at which they were moving than cooking time. The lady taking my order spoke in 2-3 word sentences and was almost inaudible. When I had to ask her to repeat everything she said she got testy with me, as if I was bothering her. There were 4 others waiting by the time the beignets came out. Only 2 of them wanted beignets, but weren't asked what they wanted, so they had to wait with the rest of us to place their own orders. Again, not a big deal, and I didn't complain about it, but it upsets me when people in the service industry act like people are bothering them when they want something.

There was also something I'm not sure what to make of....there was no conditioner in the bathroom when we first arrived, so my mom left a note asking Mousekeeping to leave some when they cleaned the room the next day. When we got back there was a plastic bag on the counter with 8 conditioners inside, and only one shampoo in the bathroom! I wasn't sure if this was a passive-aggressive act or an overwhelmingly nice gesture, but I choose to believe it was the later!

Last edited by peel; 10-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #165
peel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korkelsmom View Post
Staying at FQ for the very first time in January. I have stayed at CSR the last two times I have visited and loved it. My sister's family has us all booked at FQ and we are excited and can't wait for our trip. But I am a little bit of a bedding snob the bedding at CSR is nice and soft and fluffy. I HATE that thin scratchy bedding and it's hard to tell from the pics how the bedding is at FQ so if someone could let me know that would be great. Thanks so much.
Personally, I found the pillowcases scratchy last week.

peel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: