Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #76
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

I love your Daisy Duck bag! She's my favorite and there is nowhere near enough stuff with her on it. Where did you find it?

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #77
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a relaxing morning on the ship. Love the view from your balcony (and from everywhere else, for that matter). The horns were cool!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #78
Dream426
Love Disney!!

I love the day at sea. I feel I can really enjoy the ship on those days. Love the video of the horn melodies.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #79
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Whoo for being on the ship! She looks beautiful!

I love the idea of spending the pre-dinner time getting drinks - especially Skyline! Cool that they do a drink passport, since I could easily see myself having several adult beverages there
Hi! The Fantasy was beautiful... I don't think I could pick a favourite between the Dream and the Fantasy.. but I did love the colour scheme on the latter
It seemed strange how quiet/empty parts of the ship could be at certain times of the day.. we enjoyed going to the Europa bars before dinner though as we got to chat to the crew members a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michelle View Post
I love your Daisy Duck bag! She's my favorite and there is nowhere near enough stuff with her on it. Where did you find it?
Thank you! The bag was actually my sisters, she bought it from the UK Disney Store about 3 years ago - I have taken it for both Disney cruises I've been on though I agree there never seems to be much Daisy merchandise.. hopefully with the popularity of the Mickey Mouse Club House there might be more coming in the future?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Sounds like a relaxing morning on the ship. Love the view from your balcony (and from everywhere else, for that matter). The horns were cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
I love the day at sea. I feel I can really enjoy the ship on those days. Love the video of the horn melodies.
Thank you both for commenting - before we'd ever been on a cruise, I worried that the sea days would feel a bit boring/claustrophobic.. but now we look forward to them as much as the port days!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #80
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 4....

We decided to have our lunch at Cabanas, it was busy – but lines moved quickly and there was plenty of seating, the crew members do a great job in keeping the tables clear and clean. I find it so hard to decide what to have when there is literally everything you can imagine on the buffet!

We got a nice table outside, right at the back of the ship.

After lunch, we moved to some sunbeds in the shade (didn’t want to burn as the sun was so hot!) for a couple of hours.

We had a spa appointment booked at 3pm, so we arrived at the Senses spa at 2.45pm to check in. For our honeymoon, I had booked the ‘couples choice’ experience for us – we’d enjoyed it so much, that we agreed it would be our anniversary present during this cruise!

(Sorry, no camera during the spa so no photos! )

After getting changed in the locker rooms, we were led to the relaxation room and completed a health questionnaire. One of the questions is ‘on a scale of 1 to 10, how stressed are you?’ … I wonder if anyone can be stressed while in a spa on a beautiful cruise ship

Next we were taken to our spa villa, and introduced to our therapists. They discussed the different treatments available with us, DH chose a deep tissue massage and I chose a Swedish massage with a facial.

We were led outside to the balcony area and each had a foot spa, then we were left alone for about 30 minutes to enjoy the hot tub and day beds. We were sailing past Cuba at this time, which gave us a lovely view throughout our spa experience.

The treatments were both excellent, I think I almost fell asleep! Afterwards we were allowed more time out on the balcony, they brought us out a platter of fresh fruit and hot green tea.

We left the spa just after 5pm, it had started to rain a little so we went back to the room to shower and get ready for the evening.

I had wanted to see the Aladdin stage show in the theatre, unfortunately we had an ‘emergency’ as a button had come off the dress I wanted to wear, so I had to sew it back on! By the time we were ready, the show had already started… never mind, I will just have to hope that the Broadway version is successful and that they bring it over to the West End in London one day.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #81
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 4...

Instead, we headed to Europa and went to O’Gills Pub, it was very quiet in there at that time (we found 6-8pm pretty quiet every evening as most people were at dinner or in the theatre!) – so we sat at the bar and got talking to the bartender, Pio from India. He and DH had a nice talk about sports and cricket – to drink I tried a cocktail called the ‘ship builder’s wife’ and DH tried the exclusive ale/beer they served called O’Gills.

A crew member had told us that we had to look at the restrooms in Europa as they were very unique… she was right! They had a flamenco/Spanish theme…

View from the port hole..

Old 10-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #82
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 4...

Dinner that evening was at the Animator’s Palate, it was the show with Crush from Finding Nemo – we had missed this on the Dream two years ago, so I was glad we got to experience it on the Fantasy.

Once again the food was delicious, I had the truffle pasta, soup, pork and sugar-free chocolate cake. Another nice thing about sitting with other guests was that we got to see some of the dishes that we hadn’t ordered!

The Crush show was so much fun too, even as a table of four adults we all got involved in the entertainment (Totally… Awesome… Dude!!).

(A hidden Mickey in the rest room!)

After dinner, we went to explore the shopping district. I bought a pin, a Christmas tree decoration and something that I’d saved up for… a Dooney and Bourke handbag!

A crew member helped me pick one out, she suggested getting one that said ‘Fantasy’ on the front, as that was the ship we were sailing on.

Back in the room, the navigator reminded us to put our clocks back one hour… ready for Grand Cayman tomorrow!

We really enjoyed the day at sea, something I really liked about our cruise itinerary was that the three port days were sandwiched between two sea days - it gave us plenty of time to explore the ship and really relax, before our adventures began the next day.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #83
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5... Grand Cayman

Day 5 – June 24th 2013

Grand Cayman

We woke up early again – the clock said 6am, then we realised that meant it was 5am! So we slept a little more, then went up to Cabanas for breakfast.

There was so much choice, it was hard to decide what to choose! DH had some smoked fish and a bagel, I had some fruit, a Mickey waffle, a mini coconut muffin and a mini cinnamon roll. We sat outside and ate our breakfast, there was no sign of land yet.

Next we went up to deck 13 and sat in the sun for a while, then it was time to meet in The Tube on deck 4 to check in for our excursion.

There were about 30-40 people doing the island tour with us, we checked in and were given Goofy stickers to wear – this is how the crew members keep track of people on each tour once you get off the ship.

We were walked down to deck 1 to get off the ship and onto the tender boats.

This was the first time we had tendered off a ship, the boats were much larger than I had imagined and the ride to the shore was pretty smooth!

Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #84
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

The colour of the water was amazing, such a deep turquoise – the boat ride took less than 10 minutes, and we were soon at Grand Cayman.

Our tour group was split up into groups of 18 people for each mini bus, and we met our bus driver – Barry.
We set off on the road, Barry pointed out lots of highlights on the island… especially the many laws that Grand Cayman has (for example, if you throw litter from your car – you will face a fine and possibly jail time!), and particularly how many banks there are on the island.

We noticed there was a real mix of British and American influences – such as they drove on the left side of the road (a lady on our tour bus said to her daughter “look honey, they drive on the wrong side of the road” .. we were like “no.. this is the right side!” )
Many people on our bus noticed the price of gas at the petrol stations (around $5 p/g), and gasped.. although we thought that was quite reasonable, in England it costs about $8 p/g at the moment!

Our first stop on the tour was the small village called ‘Hell’. There wasn’t very much there, just a gift shop and a viewing area around the black coral formations – that gave the area its name.

DH and I noticed some fruits on a tree, and asked our bus driver what they were – it was an almond tree! He reached up and pulled one off the tree for us to try, unfortunately we couldn’t as I’m allergic, and DH doesn’t like them!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #85
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

So sorry I am late, Emma, but I spent the morning getting caught up! I'm loving all of the updates. It looks like you had a fabulous time in WDW before setting sail on the cruise. Great way to kick off a two week vacation! I always seem to forget that your husband is a Saints fan too until I see him wearing a Saints shirt in your photos. I'm sure he is as excited as DH and I are that they are doing so well this season with Sean Payton back after the abomination that was last season!

Anyway, now that I am all caught up I can be more specific with my replies, since there were so many things to comment on and I started to forget them as I kept reading.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #86
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Your spa sounds lovely! I love that post-massage feeling, when you're just super relaxing!
Wow, that water is so clear! Can't wait to hear more about your day in Grand Cayman!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #87
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Ok, now I have to do the WC itinerary just so I can say I went to Hell

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #88
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
So sorry I am late, Emma, but I spent the morning getting caught up! I'm loving all of the updates. It looks like you had a fabulous time in WDW before setting sail on the cruise. Great way to kick off a two week vacation! I always seem to forget that your husband is a Saints fan too until I see him wearing a Saints shirt in your photos. I'm sure he is as excited as DH and I are that they are doing so well this season with Sean Payton back after the abomination that was last season!

Anyway, now that I am all caught up I can be more specific with my replies, since there were so many things to comment on and I started to forget them as I kept reading.
Hi! Thank you for reading along so far
I am going to do a little 'real life' update soon, as we went to the International NFL game in London last weekend and I thought I'd share it on here! You'll be pleased to know DH and I both wore Saints shirts.. and we even got a 'Who Dat' .. in London!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Your spa sounds lovely! I love that post-massage feeling, when you're just super relaxing!
Wow, that water is so clear! Can't wait to hear more about your day in Grand Cayman!
Hi! I agree, love the post-massage feeling, not sleepy - just soo relaxed
Next update coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Ok, now I have to do the WC itinerary just so I can say I went to Hell
that was pretty much why we picked that tour too! If you mail anything from the shop there, it will have the post mark 'Hell' on it

Emma x
Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #89
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

The next stop on our tour was the turtle farm.

There was also a dolphin experience there too, we decided not to do this as our excursion as we’d already swam with dolphins in Nassau during our honeymoon.

The largest turtles there were about 4 foot long!

Up close, they are a really unusual animal – we were able to touch the smaller animals and get really close to all of them.

There was also one alligator there called Smiley. It was found on Grand Cayman, but no one knew how it got there… it was a cross-breed of Cuban and American alligator, so neither country would take it back!

We had a look in the hatchery, each larger turtle lays 100-150 eggs at a time, and they are about the size of table tennis balls.

We had a quick look in the gift shop, and went over the road to the dolphins area. Unfortunately we weren’t able to walk around there without buying a ticket, so instead we had a look in the shops and bought some cans of Coke.

I liked seeing a Union Jack flag among the palm trees.. quite unique!

We got back on the bus, and were driven back to George Town – the tour finished about 1.15pm, so we still had plenty of time to explore the town a bit before we needed to be back on the ship.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #90
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

We definitely felt safer in George Town than other Caribbean towns we’ve visited – so we decided to get some lunch in the town and have a wander around. We found a really pretty café on the water front called ‘Paradise’.

It had perfect views of our beautiful ship!

To drink, DH tried a local beer, Cay Brew, and I had a cocktail called a Tipsy Turtle.

We were a little concerned to see turtle burgers on the menu! DH had a fish sandwich and I had a fish wrap, and shared a side dish of plantains.

The meal was pretty expensive (the menu was priced in Cayman dollars, and the bill was about US $70), but good food and a wonderful location. There was also free wifi there, I didn’t have my phone with me – but DH was pleased to get online for a few minutes and check on the sports news back home!

We walked around the town and looked in a few shops, then we headed back to the ship at 3pm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: