Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
zorajo
Earning My Ears

Child w diff last name

Hi everyone! Panic attack here so we all have passports including my children. My oldest has a different last name and someone mentioned I may need specific paperwork to take him out of the country?!?!
zorajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

This would depend. Are both parents traveling? Is there a custody agreement? You wouldn't need anything just to prove he was your child as long as you are listed as the parent. I can't remember if that is posted on the PP but know that it is on the BC. If there is a custody agreement then I believe there is a form that the other parent needs to fill out giving permission for you to take the child out of the country.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
princessnpirate
Mouseketeer

As long as you are his parent you do not need anything. My son also had a different last name and we have sailed four times with no problem. Info is on the website. I always carry his birth certificate to prove I am his mother as precautionary but have never needed it.
princessnpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

You should be OK since you have his passport.
IF it wouldn't be a problem getting a notarized letter from his other parent indicating approval of the trip, that would be CYA -- just in the event you get a cranky Customs & Immigration officer, but again it's not required. The passport is the only requirement.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
JoyB-UK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessnpirate View Post
As long as you are his parent you do not need anything. My son also had a different last name and we have sailed four times with no problem. Info is on the website. I always carry his birth certificate to prove I am his mother as precautionary but have never needed it.
My daughter has a different last name and every time we have cruised, both with DCL and RCL, I have had to show both her birth certificate which shows my name and my marriage certificate to show my change in name. They have specifically asked for these at the check in desk so definitely bring documents with you. We are not even US citizens and had already flown into another country so it shouldn't matter to DCL, but they still asked so don't risk going with nothing even if other guest report not having to do anything.
Disneyland - 2011
DCL 2010 7 night Western Caribbean, 2011 7 night Med, 2013 4 night Med, 2014 12 night Med, 2014 4 night Med
coming up 2015 Halloween in the Bahamas and WDW
Other Cruises - Vision of the Seas 2012, Adventure of the Seas 2013, Independence of the Seas 2013
JoyB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: