Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #31
LyndaC
Mouseketeer

re the price that you were quoted, I just checked mine (booked on the Panama Canal cruise right before yours) and it's spot on, 10% discount and all, gratuities were not included. However, I wonder if they included DCL bus transportation and Travel Insurance in your quote.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #32
Jey12
DIS Veteran

Did the tropical storm come through CC before your ship arrived? Sea lice are jellyfish larvae and can be found anytime of year, but mostly April through Aug. Strong storm currents can sometimes stir them up more than usual. Sorry you had this issue. I would assume the late storm season has maybe delayed their popular months as well? Thank you so much for the report. And glad you guys were able to avoid the main part of the storm. Such a shame DCL is pulling out of Galveston. It was a much closer trip than PC or other ports, but I guess not for enough travelers or they'd still be sailing out of there in 2014.
Jey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #33
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SZ2016 View Post
Yes we knew that, but since we already know exactly what dates we want going that route was not worth it for us.
Aaah. That makes sense. I think I'd have still booked something "cheap" though and came home and figured it out and moved it to my original date.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #34
kjackson83
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaC View Post
re the price that you were quoted, I just checked mine (booked on the Panama Canal cruise right before yours) and it's spot on, 10% discount and all, gratuities were not included. However, I wonder if they included DCL bus transportation and Travel Insurance in your quote.
I was thinking the same thing, every time we have booked onboard the prices are exactly as they were on the DCL website (on that day, since prices can change every day) but the CM's have been known to add gratuities, transportation, and DCL travel insurance to the quotes which do make them much higher. We always tell them that we opt out of all the above and they revise the quote. I wonder if that is what happened to your quote...keep us updated
kjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: