Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #16
karasmom
Mouseketeer

My girls are 2 and 5 and trust me- are NOT raised with any sense of self entitlement!!!

Ariel is my daughters favorite and while it will be a great stay regardless of where- I KNOW the girls would have enjoyed AOA much more. They are not complaining about it as they surely wont care as long as they get to go to Disney again (they dont know we are going - it will be their christmas gift we will go on dec 31st)- that being said, i feel bad for not making it all about THEM when all I had to do was take a crowded bus and stay at a value compared to my own means. I know my 5 year olf would have screamed in excitement arriving at aoa and then seeing the LM room. Heck she still talks about the nemo on CBR bedspread... there is not much she talks about from the CR stays (the hotel, she of course talks about the park.

Just feeling annoyed with my selfishness.

12/19/14 - 12/24/14 5 nights at WL
09/20/14 - 09/26/14 6 nights at BC & CR
12/31/13 - 01/05/14 5 nights at WL
12/21/11 - 12/26/11 5 nights at CBR

karasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #17
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasmom View Post
My girls are 2 and 5 and trust me- are NOT raised with any sense of self entitlement!!!

Ariel is my daughters favorite and while it will be a great stay regardless of where- I KNOW the girls would have enjoyed AOA much more. They are not complaining about it as they surely wont care as long as they get to go to Disney again (they dont know we are going - it will be their christmas gift we will go on dec 31st)- that being said, i feel bad for not making it all about THEM when all I had to do was take a crowded bus and stay at a value compared to my own means. I know my 5 year olf would have screamed in excitement arriving at aoa and then seeing the LM room. Heck she still talks about the nemo on CBR bedspread... there is not much she talks about from the CR stays (the hotel, she of course talks about the park.

You're not being selfish. You're doing what's best for your whole family, which includes YOU. And your children are not spoiled either. They were excited for it, which is totally normal.

The story about the Nemo bedspread is cute...it's funny the stuff they get so excited about!

Just put this behind you, move on, and have a great trip!!!!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
karasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
You're not being selfish. You're doing what's best for your whole family, which includes YOU
See this is the advice I went on. I just didnt expect to feel so bummed out after committing to WL. I know it will be great and the perks will be so amazing and we will go to AOA eventually i am sure.

12/19/14 - 12/24/14 5 nights at WL
09/20/14 - 09/26/14 6 nights at BC & CR
12/31/13 - 01/05/14 5 nights at WL
12/21/11 - 12/26/11 5 nights at CBR

karasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #19
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hey, don't forget yourself because you are a mom. You deserve great stuff too. I have no kids but my friends do and I see that they work HARD. You deserve WL, ok?

+ you cannot miss what you've never lived. You daugters won't "miss" AofA.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See this is the advice I went on. I just didnt expect to feel so bummed out after committing to WL. I know it will be great and the perks will be so amazing and we will go to AOA eventually i am sure.
Not to confuse you more, but what about a split stay? Can you do a night or two at AOA at the end somehow?

I wish they had at least one deluxe that was themed over-the-top for kids.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: