Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #3016
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Well I finally decided... I sent a picture of all of my ideas to the contemporary cake email. I have asked for a custom 8 inch chocolate cake with 2 layers of peanut butter cream cheese filling. This is the cake that I have asked for. I asked for a banner to be added saying Happy Birthday Jen and I also asked to remove the tassels and add mickey heads hanging instead. I then asked for the Jim Shore MIckey and Minnie xmas figurine to be added to the top with the xmas tree. I am not sure if they will do this but this figurine is a Disney figurine available hopefully on property. I also offered to purchase the figuring through Disney and special mail order to the chef. I am hoping they can make this work for me. It will be the only time in my life I will ever celebrate my actual birthday at Disney!
Not really sure why the picture did not show up. I am new to adding pictures but it looks like if you right click on the mark it will direct you to the link of the pic.
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge! March 2015 art of animation august 2015 carribean beach resort and the disney dream!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #3017
sookie
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,
We are staying at AKL and I wanted to order a cake for our dinner at Jiko.

I went directly through AKL (information on first page of this thread) and they no longer have the zebra cake.

They also will not accommodate allergies.

Baby cakes is a no go because the cake was pretty much awful when we ordered last year - we ordered two of them for DD and they were, I'll be honest, like cardboard. Someone else here updated that they use coconuts and my DD is supposed to avoid those as well as peanuts and tree nuts.

I was very hopeful that we could go through the resort and get an edible cake that would accommodate just the allergies she has - not gluten free, egg free, everything cake that tastes like a brick. Any ideas?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #3018
_addicted2disney
Earning My Ears

This is amazing! What a great way to celebrate!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #3019
jimim
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to throw up some pics for ideas, cause i know someone asked about a pillow for a cake. This isn't a disney done cake. it was done by our good friend who is making cakes from her house as she learns over the past 3 years. she has gotten pretty good i think from teaching herself. thought i would post some pics for ideas for others in the parks.

this was from my son's baptism.

IMG_9646 by jimim, on Flickr

IMG_9644 by jimim, on Flickr

Planning Thanksgiving Park/Cruise Trip!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
Old 10-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #3020
jimim
DIS Veteran

this was my daughter's birthday party last year.

IMG_0096 by jimim, on Flickr

IMG_0093 by jimim, on Flickr

Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #3021
jimim
DIS Veteran

this was for her second birthday party at the pumpkin patch.

IMG_5985 by jimim, on Flickr

IMG_5983 by jimim, on Flickr

Old 10-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #3022
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Beautiful cakes jimim.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #3023
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I heard back from CR on my cake for Halloween.....

"Hi Linda,
We can create the 2 tier mini cake as Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Mousse filling, covered in Rolled Fondant and given the Haunted Mansion ‘treatment’ that will include the Haunted Mansion wallpaper around the bottom layer of the cake, an ‘occupied’ chocolate coffin, black mini roses, chocolate bats and fondant skulls for $55."

I am sooooo excited!!!

Old 10-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #3024
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Those cakes look awesome jimim!! How lucky to have a friend who is also a great cake decorator!!

Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #3025
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
I heard back from CR on my cake for Halloween..... "Hi Linda, We can create the 2 tier mini cake as Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Mousse filling, covered in Rolled Fondant and given the Haunted Mansion ‘treatment’ that will include the Haunted Mansion wallpaper around the bottom layer of the cake, an ‘occupied’ chocolate coffin, black mini roses, chocolate bats and fondant skulls for $55." I am sooooo excited!!!
That sounds great!!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #3026
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Beautiful cakes jimim.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 10-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #3027
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
Those cakes look awesome jimim!! How lucky to have a friend who is also a great cake decorator!!
thanks! She's getting better each year. She did a 3 foot tangled tower last year for someone. I have to find that pic. She also did a super Mario 4 tiered that each tier was a diff world on the game. Bowser was on top with the princess. There were at least 40 to 50 diff characters from the game on it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 10-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #3028
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclark View Post

One question for all the cake experts out there, I asked for the anniversary white chocolate Mickey and Minnie, but YC/BC Private Dining told me that only wedding Mickey and Minnie was available. I said that would be fine because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary (and I really did think the topper was adorable, just like the Donald topper from our first cake, I was able to package it up and bring it home). Is this the "normal" Mickey/Minnie topper that people get on their anniversary cakes?
That is the only white chocolate Mickey & Minnie cake topper I've ever seen them put on a cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
My youngest is turning 1 during our trip and I'm trying to figure out how to get him a cake. We are staying at Shades of Green so I doubt we can get one delivered there, right? I've seen pictures of Mickey head cakes, do you have to order those or are they available at certain places all the time? I don't know that we will do a table service meal with my 1 year old.
You do have to order them ahead. I think the other poster's suggestion of ordering and picking up from BoardWalk Bakery is a good one since you're not planning any table-service meals. Alternatively, you could see if the GF or Contemporary would let you order one to just walk in and pick up at one of their table-service/counter-service places. It's been done a few times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdid23 View Post
Are some of the fillings (chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries, for example) more expensive than others? I'm debating whether or not we need a $70 mini cake... and wondering if changing the filling to something standard would lower the price?
When there is a price difference, it's usually only $5 or $10. It's really the decorations that raise or lower the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookie View Post
Hi everyone,
We are staying at AKL and I wanted to order a cake for our dinner at Jiko.

I went directly through AKL (information on first page of this thread) and they no longer have the zebra cake.

They also will not accommodate allergies.
Thanks for the update. I really think your best bet at this point would be to call a local bakery like It's Tasty Too, Bake Me a Cake, Anna Cakes or Sprinkles and see what they can do for you. (I don't like Babycakes' cakes either!)
Old 10-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #3029
amy hood
Earning My Ears

Cakes at Be Our Guest???

Has anybody had a cake served there? What choices are there? i would like a Yellow cake with fresh strawberry inside. Is that doable and how much?
Old 10-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #3030
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy hood View Post
Has anybody had a cake served there? What choices are there? i would like a Yellow cake with fresh strawberry inside. Is that doable and how much?
Yes, several people on this thread have special-ordered cakes for BOG. See "Contemporary Resort" in post #2 of this thread for options and pricing. Note that Disney does not offer yellow cake—it's vanilla cake. Fresh strawberries are one of the filling options.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: