Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #451
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic1977
That was the right decision - a deadline is a deadline. I know I will have some extra "stuff" and if I see a FE on a cabin that isn't on our list, I will leave something AFTER I have delivered to all on the FE list.
We do the same thing. More pixie dust.

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #452
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
We do the same thing. More pixie dust.
I have a few things, one item came in a pack of 30, so we can hand out the extra if we see a FE that's not on our list. But, the "big gift," I ordered just enough supplies for our 23 cabins (making our family one too). So, even though i feel bad for the late-comers, I'm glad you stuck to the cutoff.
KLW1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #453
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowRenewal13 View Post
I will bring them to the DIS meeting.
That's really nice--thank you!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #454
ser0408
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerra11 View Post
To the military families....Cat 10A (deck5-7) just opened up for our cruise date. These are the deluxe rooms. We were previously booked in two deck 2 deluxe rooms.Yeah!! Higher floor deluxe room at same price! And our rooms are the secret porthole rooms. Hurry up Nov. 1st
Thanks for posting this! We also had 2 deluxe inside connecting rooms on deck 2 and just switched to 2 connecting on deck 7. Was tempted to get a secret porthole room on deck 5, but there wasn't a connecting available. I'm getting so excited!!

We still haven't told our kids. They talk about our last cruise at least a couple times a week, and they keep saying how they really want to go on the Magic again once it's been remodeled. They will be so surprised!
Disneyland-several times during 2002-2005 while we lived about 45 min away
ser0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #455
stitch'sgirl
Mouseketeer

Worried about this furlough

Okay cruise buddies, I spent the morning reading the OPM manual on furloughs. I am one of those federal employees that is "excepted" (must work) and according to the manual, we can't use previously approved leave during the furlough.

It's bad enough that we are asked to work without a paycheck in sight, but now previously approved leave will be retracted as well? This cruise won't happen for us if this isn't resolved before then!

If there are any other federal employees in the same situation, here is the link to the OPM manual:

http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-overs...-furloughs.pdf
Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #456
randomiam79
Mouseketeer

Just got off the Disney Dream, the only thing that made it a little easier to leave was knowing we will be sailing on the Disney Magic! 26 days away!!!!
randomiam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #457
ser0408
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch'sgirl View Post
Okay cruise buddies, I spent the morning reading the OPM manual on furloughs. I am one of those federal employees that is "excepted" (must work) and according to the manual, we can't use previously approved leave during the furlough.

It's bad enough that we are asked to work without a paycheck in sight, but now previously approved leave will be retracted as well? This cruise won't happen for us if this isn't resolved before then!

If there are any other federal employees in the same situation, here is the link to the OPM manual:

We are in the same boat! We will still go on the cruise though. We are hoping and praying it's resolved before we leave, so that my husband can take leave and not lose those 4 days of pay! We have plane tickets bought, and football tickets for the Miami game on the 31st. If we had bought travel insurance we might cancel, but we didn't, so we would be out all the money we have spent for the cruise. I'm thankful that we have savings since we won't be getting a paycheck until this is resolved....at least we will get back pay since he is still required to work.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #458
stitch'sgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser0408 View Post
We are in the same boat! We will still go on the cruise though. We are hoping and praying it's resolved before we leave, so that my husband can take leave and not lose those 4 days of pay! We have plane tickets bought, and football tickets for the Miami game on the 31st. If we had bought travel insurance we might cancel, but we didn't, so we would be out all the money we have spent for the cruise. I'm thankful that we have savings since we won't be getting a paycheck until this is resolved....at least we will get back pay since he is still required to work.
I don't want to worry you, but are you sure he can take leave? That is my concern after reading the OPM manual. F.2. (page 7) answers the question: "May an excepted employee take previously approved paid time off or be granted new requests for time off during a shutdown furlough?" and the answer is No.

I am trying not to panic, but the more news I watch, then worse it seems to be getting. I have about 30 employees to keep calm as well. I better get it together and stay positive for them!!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #459
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for posting this! We also had 2 deluxe inside connecting rooms on deck 2 and just switched to 2 connecting on deck 7. Was tempted to get a secret porthole room on deck 5, but there wasn't a connecting available. I'm getting so excited!!

We still haven't told our kids. They talk about our last cruise at least a couple times a week, and they keep saying how they really want to go on the Magic again once it's been remodeled. They will be so surprised!
You're welcome.....See ya real soon!
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #460
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I don't want to worry you, but are you sure he can take leave? That is my concern after reading the OPM manual. F.2. (page 7) answers the question: "May an excepted employee take previously approved paid time off or be granted new requests for time off during a shutdown furlough?" and the answer is No.

I am trying not to panic, but the more news I watch, then worse it seems to be getting. I have about 30 employees to keep calm as well. I better get it together and stay positive for them!!
Previous federal employee, survivor of the 1996 furloughs. I think this reads that you can take the time off, but you will not be paid for it. So, for that time you would be in a furlough status, not paid leave. So, the short answer say "no", but with the explanation it seems you could be in a furlough status for that time. It probably is going to be up to your department head and human resources to decide if they will let you off in that furlough status for the few days and then bring you back in the pay status.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #461
ser0408
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Previous federal employee, survivor of the 1996 furloughs. I think this reads that you can take the time off, but you will not be paid for it. So, for that time you would be in a furlough status, not paid leave. So, the short answer say "no", but with the explanation it seems you could be in a furlough status for that time. It probably is going to be up to your department head and human resources to decide if they will let you off in that furlough status for the few days and then bring you back in the pay status.
That's exactly what my husband has been told. All pre-approved leave is cancelled. If you take leave anyway, you go into furlough status and will not be paid for those days. So he will be able to take the days off, but we won't get paid. Hopefully the government will get this all figured out, so it doesn't come to that. We have 3 1/2 weeks for the government to get this figured out!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #462
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We tried to do this and everything got messed up! I was looking online and saw there were two connecting rooms on 7 still available. So, I booked one and then went to book the other. However, the system wouldn't let me. It wasn't showing the category as available any more. I went back to the first reservation and tried to change it back to the original 2nd deck connecting room. And, it wouldn't let me do that either! I called reservations and they said that the first room I booked (on the 7th deck) was the last available in the category for the military rate and that for some reason the system had changed the other connecting room (on the 2nd deck) so that it no longer would allow 3 people (makes no sense to me). And, there were no other connecting rooms she could put us in. Now, we have one room reserved on the 7th deck and one on the 2nd. The woman I spoke with was very nice and said that when her manager comes in tomorrow he will be able to chance the 7th deck room back to the original one we had on the 2nd, but neither she nor her supervisor was able to (I was hold for a very long time while they tried). What a mess!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #463
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That's exactly what my husband has been told. All pre-approved leave is cancelled. If you take leave anyway, you go into furlough status and will not be paid for those days. So he will be able to take the days off, but we won't get paid. Hopefully the government will get this all figured out, so it doesn't come to that. We have 3 1/2 weeks for the government to get this figured out!
I really hope they have it figured out soon. It is very frustrating that we are even in this position.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #464
ser0408
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLW1977 View Post
We tried to do this and everything got messed up! I was looking online and saw there were two connecting rooms on 7 still available. So, I booked one and then went to book the other. However, the system wouldn't let me. It wasn't showing the category as available any more. I went back to the first reservation and tried to change it back to the original 2nd deck connecting room. And, it wouldn't let me do that either! I called reservations and they said that the first room I booked (on the 7th deck) was the last available in the category for the military rate and that for some reason the system had changed the other connecting room (on the 2nd deck) so that it no longer would allow 3 people (makes no sense to me). And, there were no other connecting rooms she could put us in. Now, we have one room reserved on the 7th deck and one on the 2nd. The woman I spoke with was very nice and said that when her manager comes in tomorrow he will be able to chance the 7th deck room back to the original one we had on the 2nd, but neither she nor her supervisor was able to (I was hold for a very long time while they tried). What a mess!!!
Oh Man! I hope they get it figured out for you. I looked a few times yesterday and saw the available rooms online, but DCL was already closed. The last time that I checked last night, I got the message that there were no more rooms available with the military discount, but this morning they were available again. I called first thing this morning, and they were able to make the change for us. Our old rooms were 2575 and 2577 (connecting rooms) which should still be available if you can't get your old rooms back. Maybe the rooms on deck 7 will be available again in the morning.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #465
TwinMomTN
Last but not Least

Whohoo! Expedited passports came yesterday and we got upgraded to a ocean view room! This vacation is gonna be sweet!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: