Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpswift View Post
There are many other things that your family can enjoy besides cruising. Take a break and do something else. Explore other alternatives and check back in a year to see if any new itineraries are offered. I think that is Disneys biggest problem right now. There are not enough different options. Last year we went on 2 cruises both went to Nassau. On our Disney cruise(the first was on another line) I did not get off the ship. For a good part of 2014 all 4 ships are in the same area. 2 of which are doing the same itinerary.

DCL is great but there are other places to go. I know they have added some but they are very limited.
I agree. We try to mix other things besides WDW or DCL. Over the years we did Yosemite/San Fran, Grand Canyon/Sedona, Niagara Falls, Williamsburg/VA Beach, & Shenandoah Valley, VA.
It's been 5 yrs since we went to Sedona and the kids still ask to return. Next summer we'll probably do Northern AZ & Southern Utah. My older ds will be 17, have his driver's license & if we ride ATVs he can ride alone instead of on the back of dh's.
I love Disney but there's more to life & the world than just Disney all the time. I feel like I'd be doing my kids a huge disservice to limit vacations like that. Still on our bucket list is Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone & Hawaii.

My family is totally parked out and DCL'd out. Too much of even a good thing makes it not so special anymore. I'd go tomorrow in a heartbeat just for the (almost) guaranteed good service & ability to lay back & veg. Other cruise lines make me wish I booked DCL instead. I still have dummy dates but I'll save them a while until they start to miss it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: