Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #751
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Corresponding Photopass photos from Day 3 Part A

Here's the link to the corresponding post that these go with: Day 3 Part A

Now, if you'll remember - Alli and I had a detour for Russel and Dug while V was running for our EE FPs... And then V was angry with us that we met them with out her - so we had to get back in line... Technically - we had 2 Meet n' Greets with them, back to back. Both of which were fabulous! And the pictures tell a great story...

Then Russel had to flip Alli's bag flap over, so that the under portion was in the picture...

Checking out my "gear"... They were both a little dismayed that I didn't have anything Russel or Dug on me... LOL

Then, the second time through...

Checking out my bag this time...

Licking Victoria...

At my photo limit... More Photopass pictures to go with this post: Here

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-05-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #752
DMGeurts

More corresponding Photopass photos from Day 3 Part A

Here's the link to the correspoinding post that these go with: Day 3 Part A

From Russell and Dug - we moved on to Minnie and Mickey... I wish I had better photos of this experience - becuase Minnie totally flipped out on me when she found out I sewed all of our bags... This Meet n' Greet was at least 15 minutes long, and all we have is ONE picture... Sigh.

All of us on EE together...

A great M&G with Donald...

And then our FANTASTIC M&G with Pocahontas!!!

And then our Photopass picture with CM Bill - who judged all of our drawings "the best"...

And one TOL photo before leaving the parks for the day...

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-05-2013 at 07:38 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #753
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I really like your photos from AK. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Usually AK is kind of a quick in and out visit for us. But you seem to have found the best way to enjoy the park.

I'm wondering if it is worth it to sew up some fun character bags of my own, just so I could have some "fun with characters, too". Well, the next time we are lucky enough to go with the grandchilldren, I think I might do it.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 10-05-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #754
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

I love all the M&G photos! Pocahontas's face is the best! I live their enthusiasm!!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #755
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

I'm catching up this morning!! I love V's 90's outfit and I thought she did a really good job with it, especially the hair!!

I would love to see MK decorated for fall one year. It looks so nice and clean in the morning with no one there!

I loved your pictures of you and V from TL. We never made it there on our trip thanks to TS Andrea but I do hope to get back there one day!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #756
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Sad that your TR is winding down! Getting the post blues all over again. lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Don't worry! Once this TR is finished, D~ will start her NEXT PTR!

Love all the character meets. Other than Tusker House and Mary Poppins, we did not have any. I will change that for our next trip!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #757
cogero
DIS Veteran

your projects sound so exciting.

Love your photopass pictures. I finally have mine from August so maybe I will post a few today.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 10-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #758
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

A little late to the party! I graduated in 1968 and had children graduate in 1990,1993,1996 and 2010
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #759
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Alli looks so giddy in her pictures with Dug and Russell.

It's so fun seeing all the different characters check out your Disney gear. I'm so glad the photopass photographers captured those moments so you were able to share them with us.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #760
LMN
DIS Veteran

So excited to have the time to get caught up on your TR! You have been busy! I have been in job search mode and it is very time consuming and exhausting! UGH! And its taking away from my DIS board time!

Loved your Cranfest mini TR! Those lodges were so cute! Looks like your co-workers are a fun group! And your new little metal friends are lovely! Would be great additions to your sewing room!

You guys really did get some great photopass pics! Loved the TL ones and the ones with Dug and Russell were awesome. I literally laughed out loud at the "paws up" picture! Awesome! I now have added Dug to my list of characters to see next trip. The ones with his tongue hanging out cracked me up!

Oh, and I guess I could be another of your big sisters....Class of '86 here ("we are sexy we are rich we're the class of '86!") Oh, how wrong we were on both counts!

Your lady bag was beautiful! Gorgeous fabrics both inside and out! And the appliques were TDF!

Sewing machine update: Remember the Singer 201 I messaged you about? I'm going to see it tomorrow! The woman says she can't get it to make a stitch, but doesn't know much about machines and thinks she may have it threaded wrong , so I'm going to go check it out.

Looking forward to seeing some of your soon-to-be-finished super secret projects! Do you have dates for your next trip yet??

Have a great weekend-Liesel

Last edited by LMN; 10-05-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #761
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

You did have some great character M&G!! I love Alli's smile in the pictures with Dug and Russell! That's great everyone loved your bags!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
Old 10-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #762
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I really like your photos from AK. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Usually AK is kind of a quick in and out visit for us. But you seem to have found the best way to enjoy the park.
We love AK - it's acutally a 2 day park for us - and we have YET to do everything... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I'm wondering if it is worth it to sew up some fun character bags of my own, just so I could have some "fun with characters, too". Well, the next time we are lucky enough to go with the grandchilldren, I think I might do it.
You should! It was a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
I love all the M&G photos! Pocahontas's face is the best! I live their enthusiasm!!
Yes!! I love the expression on Pocahontas' face the best - she was so awesome! And I felt so badly because she spent so much time with us and she had a HUGE line behind us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
I'm catching up this morning!! I love V's 90's outfit and I thought she did a really good job with it, especially the hair!!
Thanks! We had a lot of fun with it that morning.

Quote:
I would love to see MK decorated for fall one year. It looks so nice and clean in the morning with no one there!
It's beautiful - highly recommend it!

Quote:
I loved your pictures of you and V from TL. We never made it there on our trip thanks to TS Andrea but I do hope to get back there one day!

Have a great weekend!
Bummer - it is such a fun park! I hope you get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Don't worry! Once this TR is finished, D~ will start her NEXT PTR!
Hahaha Tess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Love all the character meets. Other than Tusker House and Mary Poppins, we did not have any. I will change that for our next trip!
ACK! You do need to change that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
your projects sound so exciting.
I am so excited about them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Love your photopass pictures. I finally have mine from August so maybe I will post a few today.
Thanks! I hope you did - I will go investigate shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
A little late to the party! I graduated in 1968 and had children graduate in 1990,1993,1996 and 2010
Hi Ruth! IT's great to see you! I've been wondering how you've been doing. I talked to you dd briefly on FB last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Alli looks so giddy in her pictures with Dug and Russell.
Yah - she had been trying to meet them for years - she was SO HAPPY to finally do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
It's so fun seeing all the different characters check out your Disney gear. I'm so glad the photopass photographers captured those moments so you were able to share them with us.
I am super happy that the PP Photographers captured most of those moments too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN View Post
So excited to have the time to get caught up on your TR! You have been busy! I have been in job search mode and it is very time consuming and exhausting! UGH! And its taking away from my DIS board time!
Glad you were able to catch up... I hate job searching - which is why I have been at Target for so long... I don't like it, but I am too annoyed with job searching to go look for anything else. LOL I wish you lots of luck!

Quote:
Loved your Cranfest mini TR! Those lodges were so cute! Looks like your co-workers are a fun group! And your new little metal friends are lovely! Would be great additions to your sewing room!
We do have lots of fun together. I thought I" would put my metal guys in my sewing room - initially - but the do-do bird is super heavy, and I don't think he will go on a shelf with out bringing it down. LOL Trying to find another place for him - right now, he is on my kitchen counter.

Quote:
You guys really did get some great photopass pics! Loved the TL ones and the ones with Dug and Russell were awesome. I literally laughed out loud at the "paws up" picture! Awesome! I now have added Dug to my list of characters to see next trip. The ones with his tongue hanging out cracked me up!
THanks! I am generally happy with most of our PP Pics. And the RUssel/Dug meet n' greet was fantastic! I hope they continue to do it at AK>

Quote:
Oh, and I guess I could be another of your big sisters....Class of '86 here ("we are sexy we are rich we're the class of '86!") Oh, how wrong we were on both counts!
Hahhaha...

Quote:
Your lady bag was beautiful! Gorgeous fabrics both inside and out! And the appliques were TDF!
Thank you!

Quote:
Sewing machine update: Remember the Singer 201 I messaged you about? I'm going to see it tomorrow! The woman says she can't get it to make a stitch, but doesn't know much about machines and thinks she may have it threaded wrong , so I'm going to go check it out.
Yay!!! I hope it goes well for you. Did you print out the manual to bring with? Just be careful - sometimes not making a stitch is something as simple as threading, and sometimes not making a stitch can mean the timing is off - which was the problem with my Mr. R - it took me almost a week to get his timing right - and sometimes I don't think it's perfect yet, but I can't seem to get it any better... So, he does skip stitches occasionally - and it's mostly dependant on the fabric I am appliqueing with - he HATES Fairy Frost with a passion.

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing some of your soon-to-be-finished super secret projects!
Me too!

Quote:
Do you have dates for your next trip yet??
I do.

Quote:
Have a great weekend-Liesel
Thank you! You too! And thanks for taking the time to catch up - that was very nice of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
You did have some great character M&G!! I love Alli's smile in the pictures with Dug and Russell! That's great everyone loved your bags!
Thanks! You could sure tell she was excited! I love those pictures too!

Yesterday was a cool day...

I worked on my custom order for a while... I am almost finished with it.

Then I moved on to one of my Super Secret Projects... I was able to finish a portion of it... Then I attached it to another portion of it... (it's not easy being vague in this description) And I decided I didn't like it - so I had to rip apart about 3 hours worth of work I'd done over the week and completely redo it. The ripping apart took me well over an hour - I was not happy with myself, but I am very glad I took the time to double check - or I would have been more than unhappy with myself.

I had to take a break during the middle of my day... Alli and I had to run to Northfiled to get MM food... She brought her camera and took a few photos... Some of them were fantastic! I am only going to share a few - as I don't technically have her permission to post - but she put them on FB last night, so that makes them fair game right? Hopfully she will come back soon and post her own...

Then I came back home and went back to work on my SSP... I was still annoyed with myself over it, so taking that break was good. I managed to finish it last night... Both of the girls LOVE it! There are a couple of things I'd like to tweek on it - but for the most part, I am happy with it too. I am hoping that Alli will take it out on a photoshoot today. If so - I may have pictures for you all later.

I plan to work in my sewing room again today... I want to dig into V's custom a little more. I know I won't finish it today - as I still need to trace the pattern and make a muslin, but I'd like to get that part done - the rest will go smoothly - I hope.

I hope you all have a fantastic day today!

D~
Old 10-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #763
DMGeurts

Corresponding Photopass Photo to Day 4 Part A

Here's the link to the post that this photos corresponds with: Day 4 Part A

And all I have for you this day is ONE meesly photo... And it's not a very good one - I debated on posting it at all. But since a good portion of this lazy river ride was devoted to finding this photographer - I figured I better post one... LOL But it's a bad one.

L to R: Alli, Joe (Bernadette's son), Victoria and I

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-06-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #764
DMGeurts

Corresponding Photopass Photos to Day 5 Part A

Well, I guess I am wrapping this TR up much quicker than I thought... It seems this is my last posting of PP photos - the rest are interlaced with in my TR...

So, here's the link to the corresponding post these go with: Day 5 Part A

Just Victoria and I on this one - we rode single rider, remember?

Our Akershus photo:

Mulan was so sweet!

I think this is such a cute pose!

OK and I REALLY like this picture... but I am kind of annoyed that the photographer got the "wall" in the side of the picture... She could have moved us over just a bit and it would have been a great shot... I couldn't crop it out any more with out losing the background. Oh well...

And then this one... LOL Alli kept bumping into my ears, and we were trying to hard to contain our laughter... And seriously - what kind of weird pose is this anyways? Sleeping Beauty?

I do wish they had Photopass Photographers at DTD...

D~
Old 10-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #765
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

If it only took you one hour to rip out three hours of work...consider yourself LUCKY!

When quilting, it takes about one hour to rip out 15 minutes of quilting!

You had it easy! LOL!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: