Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #76
Coldflame
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIScover View Post
Yes, when the Fantasy is docked you should be able to connect to the Guest WiFi (DCL-Guest) and the Navigator for the entire itinerary should be available to you while you are in the terminal. DIScover
Can confirm. We sailed the 14th app was ready to use as soon as we boarded and were heading up to Cabanas for lunch.
Coldflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #77
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Update: app to go live next weekend for Fantasy, with the Dream following soon after, then Magic and Wonder (she needs some wifi work first).

Also, most of the suggestions are on the boards for future revisions, including a tablet optimized version.

These are all rumors, BTW.

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Last edited by Donald_Quackers; 09-29-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #78
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

So now more folks to bump into, with their heads down, focused on their little screens. Just like on the road.

No but seriously, sounds like a wonderful addition if it functions well.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #79
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

The android version was just updated.

• KIDS’ MENUS – Check what’s on the kids’ menu before you dine. You’ll know what’s planned for big and little alike!
• VACATION COUNTDOWN CLOCK – Set the clock and get your luggage ready—you’re going on a cruise!
• PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS – Experience your Disney cruise with an even faster, more full-featured on board app!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sept_goo&hl=en
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #80
torontodisneyfan
Little known fact: Mickey is Canadian

I have not searched the App Store yet, but should I assume I would have to change to the US version of the store from the Canadian?
DCL: 8 day The Fantasy-E Caribbean May 2012, 8 day The Fantasy-W Caribbean May 2013,8 day The Fantasy-W Caribbean (incl Jamaica) May 2014
torontodisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #81
RonMan2
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information. I've downloaded it for my Christmas cruise.
RonMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #82
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

I don't know about the iOS version, but my android phone just got an update, and the app now has a countdown timer.

Cool!

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Donald_Quackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #83
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
I don't know about the iOS version, but my android phone just got an update, and the app now has a countdown timer.

Cool!
An update for the iOS version has not yet hit the Apple app store.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #84
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post

Cool!
I love it!
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #85
minniemouse1
Member of the Grand Slam Club!

Downloaded mine! Can't wait to use it. Showed it to DH and he said "its about time" but he wants it to work now so he can see what is happening on the fantasy today!
Wonder 2001 4 Day
Magic 2003 7 Day Western
Magic 2005 7 Day Eastern
Magic 2007 7 Day Eastern
Dream 2011 4 Day
Fantasy 2014 7 Day
Magic 2015 7 Day Mediterranean
DH me DD13 DD12 DD9 DS5
minniemouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #86
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
I'm afraid my phone plan's roaming will automatically kick in if I turn my phone on. How could you use this app without having that happen???
Turn the phone to airplane mode before you leave, shut it off and back on to see if airplane mode stays on. Then when you are at port switch it to airplane mode before you board or before you leave dock.
GoofyLovingFamily is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #87
soler
Earning My Ears

Wow, this is really neat, thanks for posting!
soler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #88
DIScover
Jack of All; Master of None

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse1 View Post
Downloaded mine! Can't wait to use it. Showed it to DH and he said "its about time" but he wants it to work now so he can see what is happening on the fantasy today!
Yeah, that would be nice to have access in real-time the ship's activities; but sadly, the app is an empty shell until you are able to have access to the DCL-GUEST Wi-Fi network which accessible only at the cruise terminal in P.C. and on the ship. Only then will it populate the navigator information.

I have no idea why the information is not made available to the public; especially since all the information is digital now. This is not unlike the WDW Mobile App, while it provides some functionality. However, some of the detail is only accessible once you are in close proximity to one of the WDW Parks or Resorts.

If I were to guess, (and I think I am a pretty good guesser) I would wager that the main reasons for limiting access to the rest of the "wish we were on a Disney Cruise right now population" is due to network and system performance; coupled with a touch of privacy, security and compliance.

DIScover
DIScover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #89
bobyetman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIScover View Post
Yeah, that would be nice to have access in real-time the ship's activities; but sadly, the app is an empty shell until you are able to have access to the DCL-GUEST Wi-Fi network which accessible only at the cruise terminal in P.C. and on the ship. Only then will it populate the navigator information.

I have no idea why the information is not made available to the public; especially since all the information is digital now. This is not unlike the WDW Mobile App, while it provides some functionality. However, some of the detail is only accessible once you are in close proximity to one of the WDW Parks or Resorts.

If I were to guess, (and I think I am a pretty good guesser) I would wager that the main reasons for limiting access to the rest of the "wish we were on a Disney Cruise right now population" is due to network and system performance; coupled with a touch of privacy, security and compliance.

DIScover
I suspect the answer is much simpler than that. The app is designed to show the activities for a single ship/navigator at a time, which is info typically only available on the ship (at sea) when the navigators are published by the crew on the ship.

Now, could they re-work the app to push the navigators back to shore, and let us land-lubbers pick and choose which one we want to drool over? Yes, they surely could. But that's not the purpose of the app. The purpose is (1) make it easier for the guests on the ship, and (2) to save printing costs on the ship.

I would love to see DCL release PDFs of the Navigators for all the ships/cruises.
WDW - Fall 83, 84, Feb 90, Nov 92, Jun 94, Jun 98, May 99, Dec 2000, Apr 01, Apr 02, Dec 03, Aug 04, Jan/May/Dec 05, Apr 06, Mar/Jul/Nov 07, Apr/Dec 08, Mar, Dec 09, Jun 10, Oct 10, Jan 11, Mar/Nov 12, Nov 13 - DCL - Apr 08 (W), Dec 08 (W), Jun 10 (W), Jan 11 (D) - Apr 12 (F) - Dec 12 (W) Nov 13 (F) - DL - Nov 80, Jun 81, Sep 90, May 98, Apr 11, Dec 12,
bobyetman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, ipad, iphone, mobile, navigator

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: